Author Topic: Danilo Gallinari : potential target ?  (Read 4731 times)

Re: Danilo Gallinari : potential target ?
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2020, 10:51:35 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
As far as the principle that you should always get talented players and figure it out later, I'm in.

Somebody tell me how he fits on this team? Who does he guard on defense? Where does he play on offense? Just seems like he doesn't have a clear roll on this team, which would make the pitch to him pretty difficult.
if CBS wants him, you can be sure CBS has already figured out a role for him. as for his defense, if CBS can find plays where kanter's defense doesn't kill the team, he can do it for gallinari.

off the bench offense and rebounding is good.

at this point anything off the bench is good !

Gallinari is not a proficient rebounder, even though he is a 6'10'' player. He's essentially a 6'10'' shooting guard, but too slow-footed to guard guards.

I'm game to get him. I think his ability to shoot and draw some fouls would be massively helpful for Celtic offensive runs and stopping opposing team runs respectively.

I just don't see the fit that well. If we are talking a 18mpg type player, why wouldn't we go after Bertans with the MLE? He has a little more versatility on defense and is a better shooter. That's a player that can play with Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Walker, and Smart without it being an awkward lineup fit-wise.
Bertans is getting way more than the MLE (Gallinari might too, but he atleast has potential to take a veteran's discount), and Gallinari is a much better scorer. As far as fit, he'll be our 6th man, subbing in for one of Brown/Tatum/Hayward. He'll probably guard slower 3's and 4's while on the court.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2020, 11:24:22 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
As far as the principle that you should always get talented players and figure it out later, I'm in.

Somebody tell me how he fits on this team? Who does he guard on defense? Where does he play on offense? Just seems like he doesn't have a clear roll on this team, which would make the pitch to him pretty difficult.
if CBS wants him, you can be sure CBS has already figured out a role for him. as for his defense, if CBS can find plays where kanter's defense doesn't kill the team, he can do it for gallinari.

off the bench offense and rebounding is good.

at this point anything off the bench is good !

Gallinari is not a proficient rebounder, even though he is a 6'10'' player. He's essentially a 6'10'' shooting guard, but too slow-footed to guard guards.

I'm game to get him. I think his ability to shoot and draw some fouls would be massively helpful for Celtic offensive runs and stopping opposing team runs respectively.

I just don't see the fit that well. If we are talking a 18mpg type player, why wouldn't we go after Bertans with the MLE? He has a little more versatility on defense and is a better shooter. That's a player that can play with Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Walker, and Smart without it being an awkward lineup fit-wise.
Bertans is getting way more than the MLE (Gallinari might too, but he atleast has potential to take a veteran's discount), and Gallinari is a much better scorer. As far as fit, he'll be our 6th man, subbing in for one of Brown/Tatum/Hayward. He'll probably guard slower 3's and 4's while on the court.

Again, I'd be for it. I just don't see the fit well.

I'm going to be really interested to see what Bertans gets. He was struggling til last year when he got a huge uptick in production because of playing for a lottery team. He brings a lot to the table as a player. I think he can be a reliable playoff rotation piece, but if he goes after a big contract, he will likely not get to play in the playoffs for at least several years, because most playoff teams don't have the cap space for a player like Bertans.

40 million dollars is still a ton of money. His 5 year market value according to the carmelo rankings is 63 million, which would put him about 12-13 million a year.

I think Joe Harris is going to get slightly less than the full MLE. What about him? He was over 50% from three this year.

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2020, 11:44:33 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
There's a difference between "money isn'y the most important thing" and "willing to take the tax payer MLE (5.7 million) to be the 4th guy on a team."

I don't think there's any chance Gallo would come here for what the c's can offer, and even if he would I don't think he's a great fit in terms of age, defensive ability offensive duplication ect.

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2020, 11:47:15 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Make a big scary heart wrenching move that allows us to sign both Baynes and Bertans.

Is that possible?

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2020, 12:08:25 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
There's a difference between "money isn'y the most important thing" and "willing to take the tax payer MLE (5.7 million) to be the 4th guy on a team."

I don't think there's any chance Gallo would come here for what the c's can offer, and even if he would I don't think he's a great fit in terms of age, defensive ability offensive duplication ect.

The team that needs Galinari as 2nd or 3rd option is not a contender! I think he knows that and he is willing to have a supporting role if this leads to a ring. And the MLE is not peanuts... David West from 12m/y in Indiana signed for the minimum for SA to get a ring.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 12:19:35 PM by ederson »