Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Bucks (1-2) Game #4 4/22/18  (Read 51322 times)

Re: Celtics (2-1) at Bucks (1-2) Game #4 4/22/18
« Reply #825 on: April 22, 2018, 03:47:42 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Lots of hindsight bias in here right now.

We got Morris in a one-on-one situation where he had a size advantage.  He got a clean look and missed it.  It happens.

You can complain about Brown not getting the shot, Tatum not getting the shot, whatever, but nobody is crying if he hits that. 

No hindsight bias whatsoever, that's BS....You give the ball to your best players, period.

It's fools gold thinking a partially open Morris is a better option than a more tightly guarded Horford/Brown/Tatum.  I'd trust anyone of them more to make something happen, even tightly guarded, than Morris beating Middleton one-on-one from mid-range.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #826 on: April 22, 2018, 03:48:19 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
We need to win Game 5 and Game 6.

To shut those Bucks fans up. Still won't forgive them for chanting "Bucks in 6" against the Celtics towards the end of the regular season.

Need to win five. It is basically a game 7 for boston

« Reply #827 on: April 22, 2018, 03:48:19 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Just carry that momentum back to Boston. If we play all game with energy like we did in the 2nd half, we will blow them out

I hope the Celtics (Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum) did not play their very best game in Game 4. Because we need an ultra best game in Game 5.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #828 on: April 22, 2018, 03:48:46 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
THIS IS SUCH EFFING BS! HOW IS THAT NOT A FOUL FOR BROWN?!

Brown totally should have held it, but he had his arm ripped away from the ball and they just let it slide. This then led to the wide-open Brogdon 3. That is a 5 point swing and the reason we lost this game.

And I know, I know, if we had played better earlier in the game, then we wouldn't have needed that play, but we didn't and we lost a game that we should have won.

If the C's had won, many of us (including me) would have said we stole one.  And Bucks fans would have said they lost a game they should have won.   Undermanned and young C's pushed the Bucks to the edge on the road.   Good experience for the youth and hopefully the comeback reassured them that they can beat the Bucks.    Win Game 5!
Were would we be without the overtime win in game one?

« Reply #829 on: April 22, 2018, 03:48:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
THIS IS SUCH EFFING BS! HOW IS THAT NOT A FOUL FOR BROWN?!

Brown totally should have held it, but he had his arm ripped away from the ball and they just let it slide. This then led to the wide-open Brogdon 3. That is a 5 point swing and the reason we lost this game.

And I know, I know, if we had played better earlier in the game, then we wouldn't have needed that play, but we didn't and we lost a game that we should have won.

Yeah. It was clearly a foul on Brown that was missed (Ed Maloy is such a d bag), but we have to know to not push it there.

And ultimately that was on Rozier. It's the point guard's job to control the game in that manner, and him pushing it up to Brown on the break ultimately allowed this to happen. He should've pulled it back out and slowed it down. Honestly, just doing that probably wins us this game.

Rozier's terrible BBIQ once again kills us down the stretch.

« Reply #830 on: April 22, 2018, 03:48:54 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Brown's number should have been called.. He deserve that last shot..

Have you ever imagined Jordan after scoring 34 points will not be getting the last shot?

Stevens has always hated to go for the hot hand... Always and that has been his weakness.

I would have preferred a three and a miss than that stupid iso mid range contested pull up.

« Reply #831 on: April 22, 2018, 03:49:09 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
its 345am, I have to prepare for work in 2 hours. Bad decision to stay up and watch this game.

« Reply #832 on: April 22, 2018, 03:49:36 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997
Lots of hindsight bias in here right now.

We got Morris in a one-on-one situation where he had a size advantage.  He got a clean look and missed it.  It happens.

You can complain about Brown not getting the shot, Tatum not getting the shot, whatever, but nobody is crying if he hits that. 

No hindsight bias whatsoever, that's BS....You give the ball to your best players, period.

It's fools gold thinking a partially open Morris is a better option than a more tightly guarded Horford/Brown/Tatum.  I'd trust anyone of them more to make something happen, even tightly guarded, than Morris beating Middleton one-on-one from mid-range.

If MM was having a good game, I wouldn't have complained about the play call at all.  He's a really strong 1 on 1 player.  But he was launching bricks all game.  Horford/Brown/Tatum was definitely the way to go.

« Reply #833 on: April 22, 2018, 03:49:37 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Just carry that momentum back to Boston. If we play all game with energy like we did in the 2nd half, we will blow them out

yeah we need to focus on solid quarteres from here on out. one quarter at a atime. lets get 4 solid quarters at home get a win. one quarter at a a time. then go back to milwaukee up 3-2.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #834 on: April 22, 2018, 03:49:42 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Suffering through an ESPN broadcast for 2 and a half hours really makes me appreciate Mike, scal, and even Tommy so much more. Hubie brown is just lost and rambles on and on without actually connecting the dots with what he's saying. Then you got this other guy who's in his late 40s trying to throw in sayings teenagers say into the broadcast, it's just a trainwreck with those 2. I'm sorry but I'm not trying to hear "Giannis caught a body" over and over..
If you think this was bad, just tune into a NE Revolution game on the radio...

Listening to soccer on the radio?  I'd prefer a root canal.

« Reply #835 on: April 22, 2018, 03:49:46 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The non call on Middleton on brown with Boston up 1 was such bullEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.

« Reply #836 on: April 22, 2018, 03:50:30 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Crappy 48 hours for Boston sports teams.

Celtics lose Games 3 and 4.
Bruins lose Game 5
Gronk says he's skipping voluntary workout for dirt-biking
Sean Manaea tossing a no-hitter against Red Sox.

UGH  :'(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #837 on: April 22, 2018, 03:50:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
Also, this is why the NBA needs coach's challenges. The officiating is just so bad and inconsistent that missed calls like that Middleton foul on the Brown fast break late in the game totally influence and ultimately change the course of the game. That's a potential 4-5 point swing that the ref ultimately caused because he made a mistake.

« Reply #838 on: April 22, 2018, 03:50:58 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
5.1 left I am going for the win rather than a Morris iso. He missed that same shot about five times today

« Reply #839 on: April 22, 2018, 03:51:04 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
its 345am, I have to prepare for work in 2 hours. Bad decision to stay up and watch this game.

where the hell are u??
LET'S GO CELTICS!