Author Topic: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game  (Read 4579024 times)

Re: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game
« Reply #18855 on: April 17, 2015, 06:33:49 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
Invites have been sent to all but 2 of the players that have played this year. When I was PMing I couldn't find CelticFanFromNYC or Ronaldo943 so if they see this and want to join us for the playoffs that would be great.

Please respond ASAP, games start tomorrow!!
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #18856 on: April 17, 2015, 08:42:34 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
I have not updated the standings since this past weekend (I will) but they haven't change with the exception of adding dark_lord as a new player this week.

Here is the list with those that are confirmed players in the playoffs in red.

1      33-00-32
2      Humble G
3      slamtheking

4      Redz
5      thirstyboots18
6      MGent
7      CelticFanFromNYC
8      dark_lord
9      Ronaldo943
10      cletus1985
11      sofutomygaha

« Reply #18857 on: April 17, 2015, 10:48:25 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
I have not updated the standings since this past weekend (I will) but they haven't change with the exception of adding dark_lord as a new player this week.

1      33-00-32
2      Humble G
3      slamtheking

4      Redz
5      thirstyboots18
6      MGent
7      CelticFanFromNYC
8      dark_lord
9      Ronaldo943
10      cletus1985
11      sofutomygaha

I have been thinking about how we can make this first round fun and still have some meaning. I think we should use the first round to determine our Seed/draft position for when there are 8 teams left in the 2nd round of the playoffs. What I think we should do is select a team for the first round in order of your seeding above, I will give you mine in a little while. We will select a different member from that team for each of the games that team plays (total of 4-7) and keep a cumulative total of points above(below) average. After all of our series have ended we take the scores and list them highest to lowest. I think regular season PAPOUG should count for something so my idea is that no one team can improve or go down more than 2 positions. I will resort our standings based on that and then the selections can start for round 2. Hopefully we will have enough teams that there will be an elimination or more. The rest we will frame much like past years. Once I make my pick for this round Humble G can make his and then slam and so on...

I think I will leave this open until we have 8 players or sometime tomorrow morning. If you know you are in but can't check in tomorrow, send me a list of teams you want and I will select for  you when it's your turn.

My pick coming soon.

« Reply #18858 on: April 17, 2015, 11:03:50 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Sorry,I won't have the time to participate this year.  I will try to help out with the TPs, though. 

Come on people, sign up!  Playoffs is the best part of this great game!!!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #18859 on: April 17, 2015, 11:03:51 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff

1      33-00-32     Milwaukee Bucks
2      Humble G
3      slamtheking

4      Redz
5      thirstyboots18
6      MGent
7      CelticFanFromNYC
8      dark_lord
9      Ronaldo943
10      cletus1985
11      sofutomygaha

I have been thinking about how we can make this first round fun and still have some meaning. I think we should use the first round to determine our Seed/draft position for when there are 8 teams left in the 2nd round of the playoffs. What I think we should do is select a team for the first round in order of your seeding above, I will give you mine in a little while. We will select a different member from that team for each of the games that team plays (total of 4-7) and keep a cumulative total of points above(below) average. After all of our series have ended we take the scores and list them highest to lowest. I think regular season PAPOUG should count for something so my idea is that no one team can improve or go down more than 2 positions. I will resort our standings based on that and then the selections can start for round 2. Hopefully we will have enough teams that there will be an elimination or more. The rest we will frame much like past years. Once I make my pick for this round Humble G can make his and then slam and so on...

I think I will leave this open until we have 8 players or sometime tomorrow morning. If you know you are in but can't check in tomorrow, send me a list of teams you want and I will select for  you when it's your turn.

« Reply #18860 on: April 17, 2015, 11:04:42 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
Sorry,I won't have the time to participate this year.  I will try to help out with the TPs, though. 

What if by some chance you could have the CELTS??? Please play TB.

« Reply #18861 on: April 17, 2015, 12:22:37 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I'm really bummed to hear this TB.  I was looking forward to going head to head with you and reliving our wisecrack commentary :(

« Reply #18862 on: April 17, 2015, 02:11:18 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408
I'm back for the playoffs, when are we sorting out teams?

« Reply #18863 on: April 17, 2015, 08:17:59 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
I'm back for the playoffs, when are we sorting out teams?
I have slam's pick and will give it once Humble G makes his pick. You can send me a list or check back mid-morning tomorrow.

« Reply #18864 on: April 17, 2015, 08:19:19 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
I'm in.  My ability to remember to check in is not so great!  On the bright side I had a good record of winning when I played!  Quality over quantity won't work so well in the playoffs I reckon.

-------------------

2      Humble G
3      slamtheking
4      Redz

5      thirstyboots18
6      MGent
7      CelticFanFromNYC
8      dark_lord
9      Ronaldo943
10      cletus1985
11      sofutomygaha

Yup

« Reply #18865 on: April 17, 2015, 08:21:17 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff

2      Humble G
3      slamtheking

4      Redz
5      thirstyboots18
6      MGent
7      CelticFanFromNYC
8      dark_lord
9      Ronaldo943
10      cletus1985
11      sofutomygaha

Waiting for Humble G to select his team. I have to believe Redz and mgent are in but I haven't heard back from them. I will give them and others every chance I can to get back to us.

« Reply #18866 on: April 17, 2015, 08:22:23 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff

2      Humble G
3      slamtheking

4      Redz
5      thirstyboots18
6      MGent
7      CelticFanFromNYC
8      dark_lord
9      Ronaldo943
10      cletus1985
11      sofutomygaha

Waiting for Humble G to select his team. I have to believe Redz and mgent are in but I haven't heard back from them. I will give them and others every chance I can to get back to us.

and there he is, hahaha! :P

« Reply #18867 on: April 17, 2015, 08:30:30 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff

2      Humble G
3      slamtheking
4      Redz

5      thirstyboots18
6      MGent
7      CelticFanFromNYC
8      dark_lord
9      Ronaldo943
10      cletus1985
11      sofutomygaha

Waiting for Humble G to select his team. I have to believe mgent is in but I haven't heard back from him. I will give him and others every chance I can to get back to us.

« Reply #18868 on: April 17, 2015, 08:40:12 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983

2      Humble G
3      slamtheking
4      Redz

5      thirstyboots18
6      MGent
7      CelticFanFromNYC
8      dark_lord
9      Ronaldo943
10      cletus1985
11      sofutomygaha

Waiting for Humble G to select his team. I have to believe mgent is in but I haven't heard back from him. I will give him and others every chance I can to get back to us.

I will take the Blazers I suppose lol haha shot in the dark

sorry just got home

« Reply #18869 on: April 17, 2015, 08:42:25 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
I guess it can work either way for better or worse with a short series vs a long one for aggregate over/under
Yup