Author Topic: Jayson tatum slander all over media  (Read 19282 times)

Re: Jayson tatum slander all over media
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2024, 04:16:03 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Luka literally doubles Tatum in apg. He scores more on a better efficiency. He rebounds more.  SGA scores more on a much better efficiency and gets more assists. He is also an equal overall defender that produces more defensive stats.

They are both statistically a lot better than Tatum and frankly are both probably better overall players.  It isn't particularly close either. There is after all a reason the final straw poll came out like it did with Tatum being closer to Brunson in 6th than he was to Giannis in 4th.

I'm with you on Shai, but Luka is a defensive liability. Defense matters, esp. in the playoffs. I know the MVP is a regular season award, but I would take Tatum over Doncic every time. I'd also take Jrue Holiday over Trae Young or Lamelo Ball, regardless of how exciting they are.

« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2024, 10:06:41 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
I mean, he's not MVP.  I don't think there is really a compelling argument for MVP outside of being "best player on best team" which isn't much of an argument, IMO. 

He's all star. He'll probably be first time all-NBA, and he'll most likely be Finals MVP come June when the Celtics win the title.   His seasonal resume to date is just fine. 

He's going to get his day in the sun.

We all hope so. This is a huge season for Tatum. If he falls flat in a couple of important playoff games, the slander will get worse.
I'm not sure if he is up to it mentally. He looks kinda tired and almost bored out there lately. And I am so tired of ball movement stopping when it comes around to him. He is also handicapped by a weak head coach.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2024, 10:11:10 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375
I mean, he's not MVP.  I don't think there is really a compelling argument for MVP outside of being "best player on best team" which isn't much of an argument, IMO. 

He's all star. He'll probably be first time all-NBA, and he'll most likely be Finals MVP come June when the Celtics win the title.   His seasonal resume to date is just fine. 

He's going to get his day in the sun.

We all hope so. This is a huge season for Tatum. If he falls flat in a couple of important playoff games, the slander will get worse.
I'm not sure if he is up to it mentally. He looks kinda tired and almost bored out there lately. And I am so tired of ball movement stopping when it comes around to him. He is also handicapped by a weak head coach.

My biggest fear for the playoffs is he, along with the rest of the team, have not had a lot of opportunities under real pressure because we've shot well and blown teams out by 20 for the most part. The playoffs will be very different I'm sure, they're not going to be blowing teams out by 20, they're going to have to eke out wins like the bench did tonight, or like the game against Atlanta that we lost. That's what keeps me up at night about this team, I haven't seen them put under sustained pressure enough, where they have we've actually lost more games than we've won. The teams that are scrabbling and fighting to make the playoffs, having to win every single game, might be more battle hardened than we are.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2024, 08:41:07 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 177
Unless he wins it this year it’s going to start getting mentally hard to overcome how bad the slander is becoming in certain circles, it’s clearly already been in his head since the gag job in the finals.
Doesn’t help with as good of a season as we have had it looks highly likely we are about to draw the 76ers with a healthy Embiid in the first round, a team who probably would’ve been the 2 seed had he stayed healthy all season. Nick nurse will coach circles around mazzula and it’s about to be a tough 7 game series in the first round…last thing this team needs.

« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2024, 09:14:31 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I hear what people are saying about SGA and Luka - and they make very compelling arguments - but I would never trade Tatum for either of those guys.

Luka has a lot more winning to do before he proves to me that he is more than James Harden. Good stats on high usage is nice, but it's not like Tatum couldn't do better if he tried. Tatum has proven for years that he is still an elite player when he is playing with the bench. To Danny's and Brad's credit, he hasn't had to to that for an extended period of time, but he can do it. And even better, he can elevate a very good team to historically dominant - at least in the regular season. And hopefully in the playoffs. But he absolutely has proven a lot more in the playoffs than those two, as well.

« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2024, 09:26:07 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I hear what people are saying about SGA and Luka - and they make very compelling arguments - but I would never trade Tatum for either of those guys.

Luka has a lot more winning to do before he proves to me that he is more than James Harden. Good stats on high usage is nice, but it's not like Tatum couldn't do better if he tried. Tatum has proven for years that he is still an elite player when he is playing with the bench. To Danny's and Brad's credit, he hasn't had to to that for an extended period of time, but he can do it. And even better, he can elevate a very good team to historically dominant - at least in the regular season. And hopefully in the playoffs. But he absolutely has proven a lot more in the playoffs than those two, as well.
This is how I feel. Even if those guys are better, I much prefer rooting for a guy like Tatum than I would for someone like Luka who always seems to have a bug up his butt.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008