Author Topic: Jabari out of Bulls rotation  (Read 1965 times)

Jabari out of Bulls rotation
« on: December 14, 2018, 06:21:37 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Has clearly regressed, don't know if it's injuries or mental. He's still only 23 so I suppose he has time to figure it out but this is just sad. Crazy how wrong people (myself included) were about Wiggins and Parker becoming generational players.

Parker has a team option of 20 mill after this season which the Bulls clearly aren't going to pick up, so where do you think he lands? China?

Re: Jabari out of Bulls rotation
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 06:56:43 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i was wrong too. I thought Parker was the next Pierce.

Wiggins is Jeff Green

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 07:15:04 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
2 ACL-s are no joke.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 07:15:44 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Someone in the NBA will sign him on a 1 year "prove it" type of deal. He'll only end up in China if he screws that up, too
I'm bitter.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 07:42:28 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
It’s crazy the seasons Wiggins and Parker are having. Marcus Smart is moving up the redraft board.

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 07:58:55 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I guess I didn't realize it was a team option on the 2nd year of that deal. The Bulls really didn't have much to lose signing Jabari since they were never going to compete anyway.

Too bad for the kid, but he has already made a lot more money than others could ever dream of.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 08:28:23 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Goes to show you how fickle the NBA draft is. Total crapshoot.

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 08:42:11 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Wendell Carter and Markkanen have been starting plus Portis is back and probably being showcased.  They must view Carter and Markkanen as their front court of the future and why not.

Parker has put up 15/7 in about 30 minutes.  His efficiency isn't great but overall, that is good enough to keep him in the NBA I would think.  I mean look at Michael Beasley for example.

I have no interest in Parker for the Celtics at $20M for essentially a part-season rental and I doubt any other team will either.  But that doesn't mean he wouldn't get plenty of interest at say $8M.

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 08:44:38 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
2 ACL-s are no joke.

Yeah, he’s a sieve on defense, and those two acl tears are a big reason why

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 09:07:48 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
2 ACL-s are no joke.

Yeah, he’s a sieve on defense, and those two acl tears are a big reason why

What was his excuse before the ACL tears?

Jabari has game. It's his head and his attitude that are the problem.

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 09:12:39 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I think he'd make sense on a team like Houston.  Something like Knight and Chriss for Parker.  Gives Chicago a look at Chriss and who knows maybe Knight actually comes back and looks decent.  Gives Houston a usable player and a credible scorer with decent passing and rebounding skills and with Capela and Tucker some of his defensive deficiencies are masked.

Or maybe Portland - Parker for Turner, Simons, and a pick

Not sure many other teams make sense for Parker and also have the salary to trade for him (like he would be a good fit in Dallas, but they can't reasonably acquire him).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2018, 09:34:24 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Has clearly regressed, don't know if it's injuries or mental. He's still only 23 so I suppose he has time to figure it out but this is just sad. Crazy how wrong people (myself included) were about Wiggins and Parker becoming generational players.

Parker has a team option of 20 mill after this season which the Bulls clearly aren't going to pick up, so where do you think he lands? China?

I think as an off the bench guy with a contender for much less money

He cant play long stretches

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 09:41:05 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I think he'd make sense on a team like Houston.  Something like Knight and Chriss for Parker.  Gives Chicago a look at Chriss and who knows maybe Knight actually comes back and looks decent.  Gives Houston a usable player and a credible scorer with decent passing and rebounding skills and with Capela and Tucker some of his defensive deficiencies are masked.

Or maybe Portland - Parker for Turner, Simons, and a pick

Not sure many other teams make sense for Parker and also have the salary to trade for him (like he would be a good fit in Dallas, but they can't reasonably acquire him).

That makes a lot of sense. I was trying to figure something out yesterday, but that move makes a ton of sense.

Do you think the Bulls would do that for a look at Chriss? I imagine they give Knight a chance then maybe buy him out.

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2018, 09:45:10 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
The kid came into the NBA when he was 19 years old. 25 games into his rookie season, he tears his ACL. He tears his ACL again in year 3. That is a lot of lost time playing the game, especially at such a young stage in a players development. I understand Gordon Hayward’s injury is more extreme than tearing an ACL, but Hayward was a seasoned veteran by then and it is still taking time for his game to come back to him. Parker was supremely talented and worthy of being picked so high in the draft at the time. Unfortunately, those two ACL injuries were clearly the driving force behind him not fulfilling the promise that he once possessed. However, I think he could become one of those veteran bench players that can provide 15 points per game, ala a Marcus Morris type.

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2018, 09:45:41 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
It’s crazy the seasons Wiggins and Parker are having. Marcus Smart is moving up the redraft board.

Very crazy indeed.  It's very difficult to quantify heart and desire, both of which appear to be lacking in Wiggins and Parker.  Parker certainly deserves some slack for the major injuries, but his pre-season comments about defense give us some insight into his mentality.

There's a reason that Danny Ainge cites competitiveness and desire as two of his most important qualities.