Author Topic: Celtics (18-10) at Pistons (13-13) Game #29 12/15/18  (Read 17167 times)

Re: Celtics (18-10) at Pistons (13-13) Game #29 12/15/18
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2018, 08:04:27 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Kyrie needed to give that up.

Tried but he didn't have the angle. Got a feeling it would've been called a foul if it didn't go in.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2018, 08:04:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Pistons came to play tonight

They are flying around. Would be the toughest win of this streak.

I think people are discounting some of our other wins a bit. The win in Minnesota on the second night of a back to back when they were on a hot streak was an impressive win. The win against New Orleans with so many guys out was also impressive, along with winning in Washington with so many guys out.

« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2018, 08:05:18 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
That was a fairly effective stretch of ball there for Brown. Only two points but 2 steals, big block, 2 assists nice defense.

I guess for some people that = trash

I mean, the dude was getting constantly scored on, blew a wide open fastbreak due to poor ballhandling, and had two TOs that made up for his two steals.

Not sure why some people on here are so overprotective of Brown and get butthurt when he gets rightly criticized. Just because he's played less bad than he has the past two games doesn't mean he's still not playing like trash.
He was not consistently scored on, I dont think he was scored on more than once or twice on a man he was guarding. One of those turnovers was a bad traveling call. And not for nothing but judging by the fact he was out there at the end of the half I'd say Brad would agree he played well.

« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2018, 08:06:23 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
That was a fairly effective stretch of ball there for Brown. Only two points but 2 steals, big block, 2 assists nice defense.

I mean, the dude was getting constantly scored on

thats just not true

https://youtu.be/K406w8AzryM

« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2018, 08:07:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Brown highlighting some of that "improved" ballhandling this year.  :P

After a couple good games coming off the bench, he's been trash the last two games and thus far tonight, too.
Kinda harsh to say Brown has been trash tonight. He has barely touch the ball, missed a layups and turned over the ball once. That's a slow start not being trash

Okay, okay - he's been trash in a small sample size  :P
I think part of Brown's problem is how poorly he is being used off the bench. Yesterday and today he played the last 4-5 minutes of the 1st and touched the ball only 3 times per quarter. 3 TIMES. That's bad. Then the second starts and he starts to press. When Williams was in there Smart tried to get him a lob twice. He never passed the ball to Brown once.

Being sick is probably playing a role, too. He was doubtful yesterday due to sickness, so I'm guessing he's still reeling from that a bit.

I like him off the bench with Hayward right now, as I think it plays better with each of their strengths. Once Hayward gets back to full strength and rejoins the starting lineup, I expect Brown to join him back in the starting lineup. But Brown definitely does seem to have the most trouble adjusting to the new role.

« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2018, 08:09:02 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Are we ever going to have a star player that actually gets the star calls from the refs? Because Kyrie definitely does not get them.

People used to say Pierce never got star calls because he was a jerk with the refs in his early days with Antoine, but Kyrie is generally well liked by all and he still gets hosed by the refs.

« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2018, 08:09:23 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Pistons came to play tonight

They are flying around. Would be the toughest win of this streak.

I think people are discounting some of our other wins a bit. The win in Minnesota on the second night of a back to back when they were on a hot streak was an impressive win. The win against New Orleans with so many guys out was also impressive, along with winning in Washington with so many guys out.

Its just a matter of perspective. Last years those are great wins, this year we want to contend. The level of what a great win is has changed. Now all that said this is still an impressive winning streak, if for no other reason than we are by and large blowing teams away.

« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2018, 08:10:44 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
This would be a good game for Hayward to step up on offense.

« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2018, 08:11:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
that C's have played alot of games ast few days a W would make this impressive against anyboby but Suns LOL

guys have to be pooped
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 08:20:47 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2018, 08:11:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I mean, the dude was getting constantly scored on, blew a wide open fastbreak due to poor ballhandling, and had two TOs that made up for his two steals.

Not sure why some people on here are so overprotective of Brown and get butthurt when he gets rightly criticized. Just because he's played less bad than he has the past two games doesn't mean he's still not playing like trash.
I don't see why some people get butthurt when people push back on posters that just constantly need to be over critical of a player every chance they get.

One of Brown's turnovers was a crap travel call where he hit the shot. He moved the ball well and after a bad turnover on a fast break he led another fast break and handled it great. Defensively he has 2 steals and a block.

If that is your definition of trash, why are you not being ridiculously critical of Smart? Two stupid fouls. Two airball threes. Two terrible passes trying to force things. Two turnovers versus just one assist.

« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2018, 08:11:37 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Brown highlighting some of that "improved" ballhandling this year.  :P

After a couple good games coming off the bench, he's been trash the last two games and thus far tonight, too.
Kinda harsh to say Brown has been trash tonight. He has barely touch the ball, missed a layups and turned over the ball once. That's a slow start not being trash

Okay, okay - he's been trash in a small sample size  :P
I think part of Brown's problem is how poorly he is being used off the bench. Yesterday and today he played the last 4-5 minutes of the 1st and touched the ball only 3 times per quarter. 3 TIMES. That's bad. Then the second starts and he starts to press. When Williams was in there Smart tried to get him a lob twice. He never passed the ball to Brown once.

Being sick is probably playing a role, too. He was doubtful yesterday due to sickness, so I'm guessing he's still reeling from that a bit.

I like him off the bench with Hayward right now, as I think it plays better with each of their strengths. Once Hayward gets back to full strength and rejoins the starting lineup, I expect Brown to join him back in the starting lineup. But Brown definitely does seem to have the most trouble adjusting to the new role.

Do you mean adjusting to coming off the bench?  Because I am not sure that is true either.
3 of Brown's best games were right after he came back from his injury coming off the bench. 

« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2018, 08:12:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
wish one of the younger guys would step up and open a can on these boys

« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2018, 08:13:59 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Brown wasn't constantly getting scored on.  No one is getting butt hurt, but your post just wasn't accurate.

« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2018, 08:16:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Celtics have to lock down on defense. Detroit scoring 57 at the half is bad. Detroit is a terrible shooting team. Apply the pressure and they will break.

« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2018, 08:17:58 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'm just wondering if the Pistons can shoot that well for an entire game. Celtics need to crack down on D.