Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Heat (1-2) Round 1 Game 4 4/29/24  (Read 13629 times)

Re: Celtics (2-1) at Heat (1-2) Round 1 Game 4 4/29/24
« Reply #660 on: April 29, 2024, 10:21:21 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1253
Some anxious moments but we pretty much held them at bay the whole game. TPs all!

« Reply #661 on: April 29, 2024, 10:21:38 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 706
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Porzingis has a walking boot on his right foot as he leaves the arena. #Celtics #Heat.

« Reply #662 on: April 29, 2024, 10:22:22 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1612
Porzingis has a walking boot on his right foot as he leaves the arena. #Celtics #Heat.

:( :( :(
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #663 on: April 29, 2024, 10:22:41 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1035
Nice to get the W but almost can’t even enjoy it not knowing the extent of KP’s injury. Calves can be tricky, and it didn’t look particularly minor. The play before he came out it kind of looked more Achilles. I’m hoping for the best but I’m worried it’s not just a day-to-day thing.

We need to finish Miami Wednesday and hope the CLE-ORL series goes 7 to bide more time.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #664 on: April 29, 2024, 10:23:45 PM »

• Bill Sharman
boot probably just precautionary
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #665 on: April 29, 2024, 10:24:54 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
boot probably just precautionary

My guess also.
They will do a MRI tomorrow. Probably won’t play Wednesday.

« Reply #666 on: April 29, 2024, 10:25:06 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
KP seen in a walking boot leaving the arena. That's... interesting? Do you usually have a walking boot for a calf issue?

I think at the very least we can safely assume the Achilles is intact. Can't imagine he'd be walking on his own or without crutches or a wheelchair if his Achilles was ruptured.

« Reply #667 on: April 29, 2024, 10:26:00 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
Nice to get the W but almost can’t even enjoy it not knowing the extent of KP’s injury. Calves can be tricky, and it didn’t look particularly minor. The play before he came out it kind of looked more Achilles. I’m hoping for the best but I’m worried it’s not just a day-to-day thing.

We need to finish Miami Wednesday and hope the CLE-ORL series goes 7 to bide more time.

Probably won't be ready until at least Game 4 of the East Semis. Should be about two weeks.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #668 on: April 29, 2024, 10:26:25 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1474
i’m more concerned that not one celtic went after bam after that deliberately dirty play. soft.

Exactly. Big part of this team's problem. Lord, they are a passive bunch.

Horford went over and pushed Bam away from Tatum. Are you guys watching the game?

no, he didn’t. al brushed bam’s shoulder running to help up tatum. bam could have taken out our best player with that intentionally dirty play; someone should have sent a message.

And he got a tech for that. We're down Zinger already, what is the realistic outcome you wanted from that situation than stupid, macho violence?

I'd like to see some macho violence myself.

i’d like to see a celtic send a message to miami that their dirty play will have consequences, especially if they try to intentionally hurt a player. doesn’t mean a punch, but how about getting in bam’s face with some words of warning if he continues to play dirty ball. some of you guys are soft.

Yeah, some of you are jumping from one extreme (passive, no response) to another (punch the guy's lights out).
Jumping right into the Miami player's face, chest to chest, with some strong  words by more than one Celtic would be much better.

When was the last finesse team with such a passive personality win the title ?

Yeah, we need an enforcer like Jokic and Jamal Murray! Oh, wait…  :laugh:

who said anything about an enforcer? the way you put words in folk’s posts in an attempt to make a point is hilarious. if you don’t think denver is a physical team, you don’t basketball. and if you don’t think jokic would send a clear message to bam if he intentionally tried to injure murray, you’ve clearly never been to serbia.

Yep, those Nuggets are just like the Bad Boy Pistons. Jokic is a rough rider. Don’t know how I didn’t see it before.  :laugh:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #669 on: April 29, 2024, 10:26:29 PM »

• Bill Sharman
let him rest. we need to show we can finish at home in 5. we already played around and blew the sweep.

hope cavs go 7 and play winner while we rest
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #670 on: April 29, 2024, 10:26:32 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Woj tweeted that it is NOT an Achilles injury.

« Reply #671 on: April 29, 2024, 10:27:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
We can win this series and next round without KP.

Hope he can come back by ECF and potentially for Denver or Minnesota
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #672 on: April 29, 2024, 10:27:58 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
For those of us with a tendency to cite single-game +/- as if it means anything, Jaylen Brown had a team-high +17 despite playing like absolute s*** all night. 

That's what that stat is worth.  Zilch.

man you beat me to it.   The +/- here gets a lot of love.  JB played like crap all night and had the highest +/-.

JT/JB need to get back to playing well, and soon.  We can't expect DWhite to turn into Curry every night.   JT/JB need to play a lot better.  I don't understand the effort and poor play tonight.

I don't have an issue with the effort really.  You don't hold a team to 88 on poor effort.  Agree that they didn't play well at the other end.  JT found other ways to contribute despite shooting poorly, JB just had a rough one in general, and we'll need more from them in G5. 

Also wouldn't hurt my feelings if we got a lift from somebody on the bench.  Al has been solid, not knocking him.  But PP and Hauser have each kicked in one solid game and have otherwise been silent this series.

i’m curious, if the opponent’s 88 points was due to good effort on D by the C’s, what was your position on miami’s game 2 shooting?poor D by the C’s?

not necessarily directed at you, but i don’t understand how some folks will shrug off a game two loss by saying miami shot lights out and there’s not much you can do when a team is in that zone, but then give the C’s credit when miami shoots poorly.

« Reply #673 on: April 29, 2024, 10:29:14 PM »

• Bill Sharman

Probably won't be ready until at least Game 4 of the East Semis. Should be about two weeks.
nobody knows anything these are all assumptions

need him back for teh start of next series just monitor him and limit minuites
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #674 on: April 29, 2024, 10:29:56 PM »

• Bill Sharman
Woj tweeted that it is NOT an Achilles injury.

great news

achilles would be bad if just calf he will be fine with treatment and rest
LET'S GO CELTICS!