Celtics Basketball > Celtics History

Poll: Best starting 5 of all time

(1/10) > >>

Jvalin:
We are playing under modern rules. Which would have been the best team? Feel free to select different players if you disagree with my choices.

Golden State Warriors
PG: Steph
SG: Klay
SF: Chris Mullin
PF: KD
C: Wilt

Opted for Mullin over Rick Barry cause he'd be a perfect fit in this team. Four elite shooters, plus Wilt in the paint! How do you stop that? :o

Boston Celtics
PG: Cousy
SG: Hondo
SF: Bird
PF: KG
C: Russell

LA Lakers
PG: Magic
SG: Jerry West
SF: LeBron
PF: AD
C: Kareem

Opted for Kareem over Shaq and Jerry West over Kobe. Can't go wrong with any of these guys.

Philadelphia 76ers
PG: Hal Greer
SG: AI
SF: Dr. J
PF: Barkley
C: Wilt

I guess Mo Cheeks would have been a better fit next to AI. In a vacuum, Greer was the better player. Again, feel free to pick whomever you want.

San Antonio Spurs
PG: Parker
SG: George Gervin
SF: Kawhi
PF: Duncan
C: David Robinson

Opted for Gervin over Ginobili cause Manu thrived in a 6th man role.

Milwaukee Bucks
PG: Oscar Robertson
SG: Ray Allen
SF: Middleton
PF: Giannis
C: Kareem (in his absolute prime)

Opted for Middleton over Dandridge cause he would have been a better option off the ball.

Chicago Bulls
PG: D-Rose
SG: Jordan
SF: Pippen
PF: Rodman
C: Artis Gilmore

Hate the fit, but I wanted to include MJ.

Oklahoma City Thunder
PG: CP3
SG: Harden
SF: Paul George
PF: Durant
C: Ibaka

Opted for CP3 over Westbrook cause I hate Westbrook's game, but that's just me. Technically, I could have also included prime Gary Payton. Thing is, he never actually played for the Thunder. It just feels wrong.

Csfan1984:
Too tough. If all those teams met who would win is a toss up. Feel if the Warriors are hot it's a rap. Yet Jordan, Pippen and D-Rose is unguardable and they are a defensive juggernaut with Rodman. The Spurs are also a good defensive team. Lakers have extremely talented players but the defense isn't on par with the last two I mentioned, so depends on era for fouls. C's feature tremendous leaders they might will themselves to win or at the very least never lose.

Moranis:
Assuming you can only use a season when the guy played for them, I think the Lakers, Celtics, and Sixers are the clear favorites. 

Just to add some other franchises

Utah (this feels like a real team in its makeup and not just an all star team)
PG - Stockton
SG - Maravich or Mitchell
SF - Dantley
PF - Malone
C - Gobert

Houston
PG - Paul
SG - Harden (Clyde)
SF - Pippen or McGrady
PF - Barkley (Sampson and Hayes could work as well)
C - Hakeem (lots of depth with Moses, Ming, Dwight)

Birdman:
Great poll Jvalin..TP.. hard choices

RodyTur10:
Spurs - Warriors is my finals. Guess the defense with Leonard - Duncan - Robinson all in their prime and their unselfishness and teamwork would win.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version