Author Topic: 1991-1992 NBA Season Rosters (2K11 - 360)  (Read 4185 times)

1991-1992 NBA Season Rosters (2K11 - 360)
« on: February 21, 2011, 07:35:32 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
File Uploaded - 2K Share
Monday - 2-21-11 ... 4:45 p.m.

The entire 1991-1992 season is created. That year 386 players suited up for the 27 NBA teams...this file includes 362 of them. MUCH attention put into player models, and this is by far the most extensive work I've put into a roster file (I have also uploaded the 1990-1991 season and the 1994-1995 season).

File includes 10 created teams with great attention to color details for uniforms (simply use their respective courts before playing a game): Bullets, Bucks, Nuggets, Hornets, Cavaliers, Nets, Suns, SuperSonics, Rockets, Pacers. There will be NO "frankenstein faces" as each team has much attention put in player model detail. Again, this has allowed me to free up more CAPs to get as many players added as possible (even obscure ones).

I have created a new player rating system. There will be nothing "arbitrary" in this file as each team and player is rated based upon the scale I created (ie. superstars, key role players, deep bench reserves, and bench warmers). I have a numerical scale that I have created (based upon researching the great job that portlandblazer does - using his concepts).

Many thanks to portlandblazer (360 gamertag) as I have incorporated a number of his CAPs into this file...his work and attention to detail is outstanding!

(If you are a fan of the NBA you'll basically recall this as the (IMO) the "season of two Larry's..." Larry Bird retired, and Larry Johnson entered the league. This was an outstanding rookie class that included Johnson, Mutombo, Steve Smith, Dale Davis, Rick Fox, Kenny Anderson, Billy Owens, Stacy Augmon, Greg Anthony and Luc Longley (to name a few). Michael Jordan had a phenomenal season and the NBA was riding a wave of solid gameplay.)

Be sure to press the "Y" button when playing a game to bring up the menu for arenas (for the created teams). Also, use the retro jerseys for the other 17 teams - makes the immersion much more fun!

A 5 star rating is appreciated... I have put countless hours into this file and I hope you enjoy the rosters.

I will now begin work (after a short break) on the 1985-1986 season, which will be my final roster project. Between the work that portlandblazer and I have done you'll have plenty of retro teams to occupy your usage of 2k11.

Please visit my thread at www.operationsports.com (under the NBA 2K section: rosters) for more information.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."