Poll

Do play video games either on the computer or using another system?

Every Day!!
7 (15.6%)
4-6 Days A Week
11 (24.4%)
1-3 Days A Week
10 (22.2%)
A Couple Times A Month
8 (17.8%)
Almost Never
6 (13.3%)
Never
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: 97% of kids play video games --- Do you?  (Read 15399 times)

Re: 97% of kids play video games --- Do you?
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 01:46:53 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I consider myself a decent gamer and mostly only play games that involve live competition / online, strategy... team based and quick action.. fast paced and extremely difficult.  The harder the game the more rewarding it becomes when you master it.

I like to play games that are ranked and keep some sort of running score.  I like to see what position I am and the postion of the player(s) I'm playing against relative to the server I'm playing on.

Of the thousands of onlines games that attempt to perfect the delicate balance of player v. player combat while offering variety only a few have mastered it and their developers are millionaires today. These games sucked me in.

Quake 3
Diablo 2
Warcraft 3
Dark Age of Camelot (the best MMO pre-WoW)
World of Warcraft

Right now I'm addicted to Team Fortress 2, and have put in hundreds of hours in the last few months.

As a side note the games I stopped playing were normally worth something. I sold my DAOC characters and accounts for roughly $1,200 on ebay and my WoW accounts for $400.... however that money is not nearly worth the time invested.. but no reason not to when your on the next game anyway.

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 02:59:18 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Reading Cordoba`s post was like reading my own :D

I didn`t have that many games though. I remember Le Mans and Football Manager.
Then i got a PC and first met adventures like Conquest`s of Camelot , Ingrid`s back, Pawn, Day of the tentacle and Maniac Mansion. When i got bored of adventures (or to put it better when Sierra changed the interface)  i discovered SI`s Championship Manager and Microprose-Syd Meier. What`s the name of the game you play a secret agent ?  covered action

Now i`m into strategy games Total War Medieval takes all my time and the soon-to-be-wife wants to kill the one who gifted the game to me :D At least she found Wii interesting
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 03:35:48 AM by ederson »

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 07:16:20 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
I answered this question based on AVG throughout the year...

1 -3 times a week is accurate unless its within the fist 4 months of the NBA Live release. Then it's about 5 times a week.

Xbox live gamertag:

Thedean24
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 07:31:27 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
What's with all the NBA Live love? 2K all the way.

In addition to my earlier post, I feel as though I should add that in the coming months I'm going to purchase a PS3, which will enable me to finally play GTA IV and the new Metal Gear Solid, as well as NBA 2K9 and PES 2009 in HD format.

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 07:35:59 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

In addition to my earlier post, I feel as though I should add that in the coming months I'm going to purchase a PS3, which will enable me to finally play GTA IV and the new Metal Gear Solid, as well as NBA 2K9 and PES 2009 in HD format.

Brand loyalty. I've been an "EA" guy since I was 8 years old (Lakers VS Celtics 1991).

Also, have you about NBA Lives new DNA? Serious stuff.

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 08:19:50 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

Brand loyalty. I've been an "EA" guy since I was 8 years old (Lakers VS Celtics 1991).

Come again? :-\

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 09:39:14 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

About the NBA live 09 "DNA" feature is what that updates your game on a daily basis through Xbox live.

For instance, if Paul Pierce is on fire in real life he is on fire in your game as well.

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 10:18:38 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300

About the NBA live 09 "DNA" feature is what that updates your game on a daily basis through Xbox live.

For instance, if Paul Pierce is on fire in real life he is on fire in your game as well.

I've always been an EA guy myself....due to madden and NHL mostly, but if you haven't tried 2k basketball you're missing out.

I purchased NBA Live '08 last year for 360 and returned it the very next day.  I feel like the game still has the feel of an NBA Jam.  Anyways, the next day i went out and tried 2k for the first time and have never looked back.  I've said this in previous posts - 2k8 is easily within the top 3 of my favorite sports games, and i've played a lot of 'em.

Obviously everyone has their own preferences, but i HIGHLY suggest you either rent 2k8 or borrow it from a friend before purchasing the new NBA Live.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2008, 10:21:23 AM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
I don't play this stuff. My mom never encouraged it and I'm kind of happy that she didn't. People who spend their times on this stuff are wasting time.

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2008, 10:34:35 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

That sounds awesome, but not awesome enough for me to revert back to Live. 2K was so much better than live in every way the last few years, the gameplay is outstanding and, for me, is hands down the best basketball game ever.

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2008, 05:50:48 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
everyone needs to buy this game....its SICK!!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2008, 05:52:43 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i love video games but it's more of a time issue with me. plus my xbox 360 is half broken aka it only works half the time so therefore i can't play all the time.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2008, 06:40:10 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
i am only into old school video games.  ya know, the ones with the bad graphics and retired players.

Do games like Tecmo Bowl and Super Mario Bros part II ever get old?  I think not.

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2008, 07:19:37 PM »

Offline nykid84

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1
Sometimes I play video games every week, and they I don't play for weeks or maybe even a couple of months.

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2008, 11:06:16 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Sometimes I play video games every week, and they I don't play for weeks or maybe even a couple of months.
I'm the same, usually if I buy a new game, I'll play it for 2-3 weeks every day and then never pick up a controller until I get a new game.