Author Topic: Any interest in an NCAA 09 online CB dynasty?  (Read 17746 times)

Re: any interst in an NCAA 09 online CB dynasty?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 12:12:14 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I just got a job, and I'm getting an Xbox 360/PS3 solely for this game (I love the NCAA series).  I'd love to hop on with you guys, but odds are, I'll be terrible.

With that in mind, I'd take Vanderbilt, pending my acquisition of the system/game.  That might not be for a few days though.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 12:17:33 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I just got a job, and I'm getting an Xbox 360/PS3 solely for this game (I love the NCAA series).  I'd love to hop on with you guys, but odds are, I'll be terrible.

With that in mind, I'd take Vanderbilt, pending my acquisition of the system/game.  That might not be for a few days though.

not to be accused of being a "fanboy" but i would get a 360 for the new 299 price over a 499 PS3, espically now that PS3 lost its last real exclusive.

im not a sony hater, i love my ps2, but count me out of paying 200 extra bucks for a blue ray player.... if i ever decide i want one, ill just buy the blue ray standalone.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 12:21:12 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen

not to be accused of being a "fanboy" but i would get a 360 for the new 299 price over a 499 PS3, espically now that PS3 lost its last real exclusive.

im not a sony hater, i love my ps2, but count me out of paying 200 extra bucks for a blue ray player.... if i ever decide i want one, ill just buy the blue ray standalone.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, I've just never been an Xbox guy.  My PS2 is dead and I'd like to get the backwards compatibility to play some of the older games, but it would be cheaper just to buy a new ps2 than to deal with Sony's prices.  I just moved into a new place and don't have cable or internet yet, so I'm pretty quickly running out of stuff to do when I get home from work (besides, of course, drinking by myself).  I'm probably going to go check that out tonight.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 12:25:40 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, I've just never been an Xbox guy.  My PS2 is dead and I'd like to get the backwards compatibility to play some of the older games, but it would be cheaper just to buy a new ps2 than to deal with Sony's prices.  I just moved into a new place and don't have cable or internet yet, so I'm pretty quickly running out of stuff to do when I get home from work (besides, of course, drinking by myself).  I'm probably going to go check that out tonight.

yea you can snag a ps2 for 80 bucks right now at gamestop.

i love my 360, it did RROD on me, but thats pretty overblown IMO, ps3's, contrary to sony fans wishes, actually break down alot to, thier blue ray laser isnt super stable, and microsoft replaces a RROD 360 within the first 2 years.

i actually lucked into an elite because mine RROD'd while i was still working at Best buy in collage, and i had the warrenty. when i went back to get my new one, the elite had just launched, and i had the customer servie girl let me pay the diffrence (70 bucks) for the elite, which she shouldn't have done lol.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 12:42:50 PM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 15
Lets take the SEC...I will be the gamecocks, yah?

i'd have no problem with the SEC, not sure who i'd take.

also, if two more want to play, thats cool, but i think for our inital attempt, we should stick to 6 max. i dont want it to get so crazy that we cant get consistant play.

the 4 we have now would be fine with me, but 2 more wouldnt be bad either.

Keeping the numbers down might be good.  We don't want to have to be constantly pushing weeks ahead because it is tough to coordinate 12 people playing their game for the week in a timely manner.

I'm down with the SEC.  My favorite team from their is Georgia though, and they are #1.  Would anyone mind if I take them?

As for rules... I kinda like the standard Ranked game settings, 5 minute quarters and All-american difficulty level.  8 minutes is a long game, probably close to 2 hours.

Definitely no cheesing as far as user vs. user play.  I'd like realistic play, like no going for it on 4th and 10 on your own 20 yd. line in the 1st quarter.  (although you'll probably end up getting destroyed if you play that way anyways).

One last thing, does anyone know how the online rosters work?  With the EA locker, you can download roster files from other xbox live accounts.  There are some people who are putting out roster files with real names of all the players in the game.  You can just go to their EA locker and download them.  (Although I guess there is a bug right now that is causing some problems if you try to edit a downloaded roster file, EA is releasing a patch for it in a few days).  Anyways, could we play with one of these full roster files?  And we the rest of you want to?

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 12:45:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Aw sweet. I get to talk smack to champzille while I whoop him in football. Nice.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 01:00:18 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen

Aw sweet. I get to talk smack to champzille while I whoop him in football. Nice.

Nah, Champzilla is another guy.  He's mostly in the chat rooms while I stick to the forums and generally make a point of not adding anything to CB's discussions.

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 01:02:02 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Lets take the SEC...I will be the gamecocks, yah?

i'd have no problem with the SEC, not sure who i'd take.

also, if two more want to play, thats cool, but i think for our inital attempt, we should stick to 6 max. i dont want it to get so crazy that we cant get consistant play.

the 4 we have now would be fine with me, but 2 more wouldnt be bad either.

Keeping the numbers down might be good.  We don't want to have to be constantly pushing weeks ahead because it is tough to coordinate 12 people playing their game for the week in a timely manner.

I'm down with the SEC.  My favorite team from their is Georgia though, and they are #1.  Would anyone mind if I take them?

As for rules... I kinda like the standard Ranked game settings, 5 minute quarters and All-american difficulty level.  8 minutes is a long game, probably close to 2 hours.

Definitely no cheesing as far as user vs. user play.  I'd like realistic play, like no going for it on 4th and 10 on your own 20 yd. line in the 1st quarter.  (although you'll probably end up getting destroyed if you play that way anyways).

One last thing, does anyone know how the online rosters work?  With the EA locker, you can download roster files from other xbox live accounts.  There are some people who are putting out roster files with real names of all the players in the game.  You can just go to their EA locker and download them.  (Although I guess there is a bug right now that is causing some problems if you try to edit a downloaded roster file, EA is releasing a patch for it in a few days).  Anyways, could we play with one of these full roster files?  And we the rest of you want to?

I dont mind, hopefully we'll even each other out after a few years of recruiting.

the 5 minute matches i could do, but it means we probley wont ever win any awards in the dynasty, if that matters to you 3, only because unlike NBA2k8, you cant make the computer teams play shorter quarters (this moves been due for about 5 years, sad to see it wasen't included)

as to the real roster files, we could do that, it just kind of sketches me out that it can screw up your game atm, and also, i don't see it as vital, since in 4 years everyones a new person anyway. if its a major thing, we can try to get it done.

what do you 3 think about a week in game being 3 days, and 4 on the occasions when a human vs human match is scheduled? the extra day should provide some flexability to schedule head to head match ups, whil the three day one gives plenty of time to whoop the computer and schedule your recruiting.

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 01:53:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Nah, Champzilla is another guy.  He's mostly in the chat rooms while I stick to the forums and generally make a point of not adding anything to CB's discussions.

aw man im sorry! no wonder he didnt get any of the frisky dingo references

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 02:11:58 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
indeed, galen and dino, can you guys send a friends request to crown45 (me) if you get a chance tonight?

i'll set this thing up when i get home, right now im going with the 5 minute quarters and all american setting.

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 06:49:22 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
alright, i got this thing set up, i think hehe.

what i need to do now is send you guys invites after i enter in what team you want.

i took auburn, and i know someone else already picked, if you 3 could do me a favor and post your gamer tags and what team you want, ill send your invites.

pretty sure i can invite you whenever indeed, so put your info up too, and then when you get the game monday we'll be good to go.

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 09:09:02 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
indeedproceed83

SC Gamecocks Steve Spurrier for president!

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 09:19:55 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
Just got my 360, but it will take a while for me to get used to it.  I'll probably sit this season out and get in on the next one you guys do, if you're looking for more players.  In the meantime, I'll be spreading my campus legend across Nashville.

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 09:49:35 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Just got my 360, but it will take a while for me to get used to it.  I'll probably sit this season out and get in on the next one you guys do, if you're looking for more players.  In the meantime, I'll be spreading my campus legend across Nashville.

thats cool man, if i have this thing figured out correctly, i can add and drop people from the dynasty whenever i want, so we can add you whenever your ready.

also, im pretty excited to do some recruiting against you guys hehe.

should lead to some fun posts "stay away from my 5 star HB!"

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 10:18:31 AM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 15
alright, i got this thing set up, i think hehe.

what i need to do now is send you guys invites after i enter in what team you want.

i took auburn, and i know someone else already picked, if you 3 could do me a favor and post your gamer tags and what team you want, ill send your invites.

pretty sure i can invite you whenever indeed, so put your info up too, and then when you get the game monday we'll be good to go.

crownsy,  I sent you a friend invite last night.

My gamertag is gfunk9985 and I'd like to take Georgia if that's cool.  Expect a wire to wire #1 season from the bulldogs!