Author Topic: Davis to Lakers trade reportedly in the works for years  (Read 11193 times)

Re: Davis to Lakers trade reportedly in the works for years
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2018, 05:24:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I was responding to your question about mid-lottery pick value as that is the question you asked in the post I was responding to.

Yeah, I know.  My response was speaking to that -- I don't think Ingram is likely to have greater value than a middle-lottery pick (i.e. 5-12) because he's in his third season and still looks far from being a valuable role player, let alone a star.

I don't think Jaylen would be valued higher than a mid-lottery pick, either, but it seems to me that there's more reason to think a team would prefer Jaylen than that they'd want Ingram.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2018, 06:41:33 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'm as biased as any Celtic fan, but feel Ingram has more trade value than Brown. He is a little younger, has better shot, taller, lankier and probably most are projecting that he will eventually fill out, get stronger, and his upside is a lot higher than Brown.  I like Jaylen, but his inconsistency is concerning, and is not doing us any favors as a trade asset, never mind as a member of the Celtics.

« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2018, 08:22:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm as biased as any Celtic fan, but feel Ingram has more trade value than Brown. He is a little younger, has better shot, taller, lankier and probably most are projecting that he will eventually fill out, get stronger, and his upside is a lot higher than Brown.  I like Jaylen, but his inconsistency is concerning, and is not doing us any favors as a trade asset, never mind as a member of the Celtics.
Neither of these are correct
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2018, 06:13:22 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
I was responding to your question about mid-lottery pick value as that is the question you asked in the post I was responding to.

Yeah, I know.  My response was speaking to that -- I don't think Ingram is likely to have greater value than a middle-lottery pick (i.e. 5-12) because he's in his third season and still looks far from being a valuable role player, let alone a star.

I don't think Jaylen would be valued higher than a mid-lottery pick, either, but it seems to me that there's more reason to think a team would prefer Jaylen than that they'd want Ingram.
He is averaging 16 ppg as a 3rd option on a good team.  I'm not sure how that doesn't strike you as a valuable role player.  Last year his last 20 games or so, he was playing pretty darn good as well and clearly showed star potential (and the Lakers were actually winning in those games).  Ingram has suffered some in trying to fit in with James, a guy that plays his position, is ball dominant, and better than him, but Ingram has started to find his role a bit the last few weeks. 

As I said, I think Brown is more likely to hit his ceiling, but Ingram has a higher ceiling.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2019, 02:15:57 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2019, 02:22:05 PM »

Offline Rondo9