4 (25%)
3 (18.8%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
miss playoffs
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: 2019 Playoff Seeding Predictions  (Read 946 times)

2019 Playoff Seeding Predictions
« on: January 01, 2019, 03:55:18 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
EC

1. TOR
2. MIL
3. BOS
4. IND
5. PHI
6. WAS
7. CHA
8. DET

OUT: MIA, BKN, ORL, CHI, NYK, CLE, ATL

WC

1. GSW
2. HOU
3. OKC
4. DEN
5. LAL
6. POR
7. SAS
8. SAC

OUT: MEM, LAC, UTA, NO, MIN, DAL, PHO

Re: 2019 Playoff Seeding Predictions
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 04:21:28 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
EC

1. TOR
2. MIL
3. BOS
4. IND
5. PHI
6. WAS
7. CHA
8. DET

OUT: MIA, BKN, ORL, CHI, NYK, CLE, ATL

WC

1. GSW
2. HOU
3. OKC
4. DEN
5. LAL
6. POR
7. SAS
8. SAC

OUT: MEM, LAC, UTA, NO, MIN, DAL, PHO

I predict in the East as well:

1 Toronto
2 Milwaukee
3 Boston
4 Indiana
5 Philadelphia

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 04:27:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I think the way it's going, we'll be the 3 seed.

With that said I really hope Washington isn't 6 and we end up having to face them first round. Hoping it's someone like CHA or DET. 

EAST (My Prediction As Of 1/1/19)

1. TOR
2. MIL
3. BOS
4. IND
5. PHI
6. CHA
7. DET
8. BKN

Yeah I think BKN makes the playoffs over MIA. Maybe it's because I hate MIA but I also think BKN has something "extra" and some spunk about them that makes me think they'll sneak into the playoffs. We'll probably be above IND by 1-2 games but the gap between BOS and MIL will probably be a solid 3+ games. The 3-5 between PHI/IND/BOS could be a dogfight with the teams all only separated by about 3-4 games. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 04:39:05 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 10:47:17 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
with as poorly as Boston has played for large portions of the season, I think the 5 seed is most likely at this point.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 11:14:11 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I think we will end up at 4 or 5.
The currently top 3 have played solid and stable basketball all season.

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 11:36:16 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
With more than half the season still to go, I still think first in the conference is doable, though unlikely with 3-4 being much more likely. I think constant injuries and a steep chemistry learning curve have really hindered our progression as a team, along with several of our players either progressing back slowly from injury or struggling to adjust to new roles.

The real question is - would you rather play Milwaukee or Toronto in the second round? I think Toronto is the slightly better overall team, but I think Milwaukee is quite a bit worse of a matchup for us. We’re more likely to beat Toronto in a 7 game series as the lower seed than Milwaukee. Though, that said, I’d rather face Milwaukee in the ECF, as I think our recent playoff experience and veteran leadership would be much more of an advantage against Milwaukee than an experienced Toronto club.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 11:59:14 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
My prediction based on what we've seen so far and know now about our opponents is #4.

Toronto, Milwaukee, and either Philly or Indiana will finish ahead.

I think this Celts team will ultimately win in the vicinity of 50 games, but I don't see them hitting the kind of stride they'll need to go on a run to put them in the top 2 or 3.

#4 would mean a tough post-season run, though I suppose the 2010 team made the Finals with that seed.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 12:50:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Regardless of where we finish, our toughest competition if things hold steady, in the East are in this order:

1. Milwaukee
2. Toronto
3. Indy
4. Philly

Can't say I'm optimistic we can get by either Toronto or Milwaukee based on how we play. Brad needs to size up the line up, get Williams a lot more minutes so come playoff time he can actually contribute meaningfully.  Teams are destroying our small ball lineup, even the bad teams.

Enough of this nonsense that he is too young, too inexperienced, etc. etc.  Theis is proving not to be as good a contributor as last season. And while I'm sure we can count on Baynes for some solid minutes, we need to change the character of our interior defense, so that it is long and athletic. Otherwise we will get plastered by the better teams come playoff time.

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 12:55:11 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
thinking the 4 seed.  it's only climbing one spot from where we are but I think the team will get it together enough to get home court for the first round and try as much as possible to enter the playoffs on an upswing in terms of their play.  that's my hope anyway because I really do believe however they're playing the 2 weeks prior to the playoffs is the team we'll see in the playoffs because I don't see them being able to "flip the switch" to playoff mode.

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 01:36:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Some food for thought, we have played at least 3 less home games than everyone in front of us. I also believe we have played the most games against the western conference. Also if I am understanding the site below correctly we have had the toughest schedule in the east?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Seems like a lot of panic in general at the moment over not a whole lot.

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 06:07:44 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Regardless of where we finish, our toughest competition if things hold steady, in the East are in this order:

1. Milwaukee
2. Toronto
3. Indy
4. Philly

Can't say I'm optimistic we can get by either Toronto or Milwaukee based on how we play. Brad needs to size up the line up, get Williams a lot more minutes so come playoff time he can actually contribute meaningfully.  Teams are destroying our small ball lineup, even the bad teams.

Enough of this nonsense that he is too young, too inexperienced, etc. etc.  Theis is proving not to be as good a contributor as last season. And while I'm sure we can count on Baynes for some solid minutes, we need to change the character of our interior defense, so that it is long and athletic. Otherwise we will get plastered by the better teams come playoff time.

What ever the seedings are I hope we avoid Milwaukee with homecourt disadvantage (at least) until the Conference Finals.
If Toronto ends #1 and Milwaukee #2, then I'd rather be #5 and play for instance Philadelphia with HCDA than be #3 and have to play the Bucks in the second round. Antetokounmpo is terrifying.

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 06:09:51 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
5th..toronto, milwaukee, indy, philly, then Celtics
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin