Author Topic: Hayward has no ill will towards Celtics!  (Read 8263 times)

Hayward has no ill will towards Celtics!
« on: December 05, 2020, 01:11:29 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Great news!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30430043/gordon-hayward-turns-page-excited-next-chapter-charlotte-hornets

For Hayward fans this is a big win.  After making 90 million and logging 71 starts over three seasons, Hayward bares no ill will towards the organization!

Regardless of Hayward's statements, the question demands asking: Should Hayward bare ill will towards the Celtics organization over their treatment of him?  Your thoughts?

Re: Hayward has no ill will towards Celtics!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 01:12:58 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Hayward should be on his knees kissing the Celtics ring.

Hayward will be lucky not to get booed by the fanbase.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 01:17:18 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Interesting quote to me is that he still has great relationships with 'some of the players'. Obviously money trumped everything else but it would be interesting to hear him expound on that statement. 

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 01:17:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yeah, I’m not sure why he would have any angst. 

I think he’s simply making the point that his leaving isn’t in any way a poor reflection on the team or environment.

As for the comment above, why would we possibly boo?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 01:19:03 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Here is the full quote:

"Tough decisions were certainly made," Hayward said during a conference call with reporters Tuesday. "There's no ill will on my end from anybody within the Boston organization, the players. I had an unbelievable time in Boston and I think that it's unfortunate what happened; I obviously had a freak injury right when I got there. And there's a lot of things that were kind of out of my control of when I was in Boston. But I had a great time there and still have great relationships with the people there and some of the players there. And my teammates and coaches and my wife and I had built relationships with members of the community that we live in and to this day we talk to them ... there's no ill will on my end and I really loved my time in Boston.

"Certainly couldn't be more excited about where I'm at now. And looking forward to this next chapter."

I'm not sure there is anything negative to take from that, but I'm sure someone will.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 02:04:03 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Let me fix that last quote.

"Certainly couldn't be more excited about how much money I’m making now. And looking forward to seeing my bank account."

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 02:04:11 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I think Hayward signed with the team never expecting Tatum and Brown to supplant him so soon. Ultimately it's good for the Celtics that things didn't work out perfectly.

Bye bye Gordon. Have fun gaming and playing for the #8 seed Hornets

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2020, 02:09:46 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
He was answering reporter’s question. Don’t take out of context.

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2020, 02:10:55 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I think Hayward signed with the team never expecting Tatum and Brown to supplant him so soon. Ultimately it's good for the Celtics that things didn't work out perfectly.

Bye bye Gordon. Have fun gaming and playing for the #8 seed Hornets

Yep. And I bet he never thought he'd be playing alongside Kyrie Irving when he signed, either.

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2020, 02:11:46 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

"Certainly couldn't be more excited about how much money I’m making now. And looking forward to seeing my bank account."

I think 99% of us would have done the same.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 02:16:48 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
LOOL to be honest I don't know if the OP (whose been a perennial Hayward opponent) is being serious or posing a fair question................

I wish GH well in CHA. If he stays healthy I look for him to average 23-26 points, 6 rebs, 5 assists a steal and a block per game and more than likely make an ASG or three there.

He's certainly capable of it - with 34 min per game.

GH, Kyrie and Horford were supposed to be the "Anti-Golden State"......the "Small Ball East"....Danny was careful and meticulous in his work crafting it.

Now? The NBA is shifting MORE towards TRADITIONAL Basketball....LAL is a bit more of a shift back to that....and we ALSO have the rise of The Jays....they have both continued their upwards trajectory and I believe Jaylen will make a leap this year, too.

Perhaps the ONLY player(s) able to keep THIS MANY quality mouths fed were Larry and Magic. In real life that is TOO MANY mouths to feed.

GH has basically played himself out of BOS, IMO....and The Jays rise has facilitated it, IMO.

Not Hayward's fault but time - and BOS - has moved on. Not his fault for the gruesome injury and the other minor setbacks he had.

Not his fault that Kyrie was injured, too - and wanted to move on to BKN. I don't completely fault Kyrie for THAT move, either, even though I hated to see him go as well.

Dude stayed IN THE BUBBLE for BOS - while his son was being born - in order to try and help us get past MIA....he did this even though he was supposedly RUSHING BACK a bit early from his ankle injury.

I wish GH well - as I do Kyrie.

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 02:24:57 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Give me 120 million and I have no Ill will against no one
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2020, 02:46:51 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I think 99% of us would have done the same.

Maybe, he already has so much.  I wonder if Horford regrets his decision.  I just think it’s funny when players avoid saying it was all about the money when it clearly was. 

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2020, 03:07:51 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
It’s crazy that if Kyrie and Hayward cared a little more about winning and less about personal things and Horford too we could have had the next super team right now ... wyc would have had to pay tons of luxury tax but we could be looking at starting the season with starters:
Tatum 1st option
Kyrie 2nd option and closer
Brown 3rd option
Horford and Smart
Then off the bench :
Hayward - 6th man of the year
Tristan
Theis
This could translate into 4 all stars plus 2 all defense team players

Plus whatever else crazy draft picks Danny would make
What could have been if only certain Individuals cared more about winning

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2020, 04:14:44 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Why would Hayward have ill will towards the Celtics organization? We didn’t hurt him, we paid him very well for missing so many games.