Author Topic: Hayward has no ill will towards Celtics!  (Read 8309 times)

Re: Hayward has no ill will towards Celtics!
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2020, 07:43:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I wonder if Brad regrets giving Hayward all that unearned playing time? Brad really coddled Hayward with , I guess, an eye to the future.
hayward was an all star before he came here. He earned it

Yeah, that Hayward deserved it. We didn’t get that guy.

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2020, 08:23:18 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I wonder if Brad regrets giving Hayward all that unearned playing time? Brad really coddled Hayward with , I guess, an eye to the future.
hayward was an all star before he came here. He earned it

Yeah, that Hayward deserved it. We didn’t get that guy.

Even 2019 Hayward earned his 25 mpg.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2020, 11:25:25 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
We got about 20% of what we expected when he signed here. Of course, now he'll be great and not get hurt. Last season, he was finally looking like he belonged, then he broke that finger running into Lamarcus Aldridge...we got basically nothing after that.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2020, 11:37:14 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
We got about 20% of what we expected when he signed here. Of course, now he'll be great and not get hurt. Last season, he was finally looking like he belonged, then he broke that finger running into Lamarcus Aldridge...we got basically nothing after that.
It's just so [dang] unlucky. Bunch of unrelated injuries that kept derailing his recovery. Last year, he was nearly back to what he was in Utah too.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2020, 09:50:45 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
And I have no ill will towards Hayward.

But I'm not going to miss him. More room for the J's to own the court.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2020, 09:07:21 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Welp... he didn't take long to prove you wrong.  I wonder how Charlotte fans will put up with him taking 12 weeks to round back into form before getting injured again...

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2020, 09:17:08 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I have no ill will against Hayward.. at the time, it was a great FA signing and still believe it was.. no one could have predicted what would happen with his injury.. it happens in all sports
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2020, 11:10:04 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Welp... he didn't take long to prove you wrong.  I wonder how Charlotte fans will put up with him taking 12 weeks to round back into form before getting injured again...

Any update on his recovery time?  Not 12 weeks like you said I hope. That would really suck for him/them.

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2020, 12:11:24 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Yes, Brad is an outstanding coach, but he likes to coach "underdogs" and "underachievers"!  Guys like Phil Jackson and Pat Riley were hailed as top five NBA coaches in history, but they also only accepted coaching jobs for teams that were absurdly stacked.  They weren't gonna coach those teams and players to championships, they were just gonna stay out of the way and let incredibly talented teams win.  I really don't think BS would go for a job like that!
Yes, as posters have pointed out, he'll get you to the playoffs every year, he just won't win it.  Now is that mostly his fault (I believe, yes) or Dannys' fault for not getting enough talent?  We'll never really know, but like I said Brad has a whole lot of input on player acquisitions.  Without superstars in their prime and veteran talent to put around them we're waiting for a train don't come!

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2020, 12:37:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I could endure ALOT ....I mean a bucket load of ill will ....for 100 million dollars . You can hate all you want and i ll smile all the way to the bank.