Poll

The Celtics First Round matchup is the Heat or Sixers. Who would you prefer?

Heat
29 (74.4%)
Sixers
10 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Poll: You Have To Choose First Round… Miami Or Philly?  (Read 2955 times)

Re: Poll: You Have To Choose First Round… Miami Or Philly?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2024, 09:37:56 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I prefer to play against Embiid instead of Butler. 

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2024, 09:55:04 AM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 265
  • International Superstar
Easy pick for me. The Heat. PHI with Embiid is a much better team.

Philly has been a "much better team" in the regular season for the past several years now, but they have been sitting at home watching after the second round while the Heat have pushed us to the absolute limit every time we've faced them.

It's true that we're 1-2 against Miami if you go back to Brad Stevens as Head Coach, but we've only played Philly once in the playoffs really (we swept them in 2019-20, but we were still playing the ghost of Gordon Hayward 32 minutes per game).
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2024, 10:17:13 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Miami. Need to put an end to the Heat culture garbage. I also do not think Miami is very good. Don't see some sort of lightning in the bottle like last year. No switch being flipped.

Philly with Embiid and Maxey would mean a 7 game series in my opinion. Let the Bucks handle that.

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2024, 02:23:15 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375
I don't care...we have to beat whoever is in front of us, and since we're championship or bust it won't matter if we go out in the first round or lose in the finals, Joe is still getting fired in the morning  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2024, 06:37:26 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  Tough pick for me. I think Philly is the better team but I’d prefer that matchup. The Heat series are usually so ugly with all the clutching and grabbing.

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2024, 11:19:44 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Miami by a MILE.  The sixers are probably the last team I want to face in the first round out of ALL the teams in the east.

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2024, 12:07:41 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I'd say the Heat. Even tho the C's have taken care of the 76ers Joel Embiid still scares me at least a little bit. If he can get his groove back he COULD be the best player in a playoff series against the C's and make the series close.

I know the Heat have played the c's tough, but unless they out-shoot the c's 43% to 30% from three like last year I just don't see how they win a series, or even make it close. Plus I'd very much like the chance for the C's to just crush them, I think it would be over in no more than 5. But maybe that's hubris.

Bottom line: If the c's are as good as we think they handle these teams and get to the Finals.

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2024, 02:20:53 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1680
Miami, easily. 

Miami is thoroughly mediocre this year.  If we can't get through them in a seven-game series, we were never the contenders we believed ourselves to be to begin with. 

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2024, 06:39:59 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
I'd say the Heat. Even tho the C's have taken care of the 76ers Joel Embiid still scares me at least a little bit. If he can get his groove back he COULD be the best player in a playoff series against the C's and make the series close.

I know the Heat have played the c's tough, but unless they out-shoot the c's 43% to 30% from three like last year I just don't see how they win a series, or even make it close. Plus I'd very much like the chance for the C's to just crush them, I think it would be over in no more than 5. But maybe that's hubris.

Bottom line: If the c's are as good as we think they handle these teams and get to the Finals.

They don't have Victor Oladipo, Kyle Lowry, and the goat Gabe Vincent now  8)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2024, 07:22:35 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Philly Chesse Steak baby.....

*sippin*

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2024, 02:43:37 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1441
 :police:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.