Author Topic: Welcome to the Celtics Tremont Waters...  (Read 2213 times)

Welcome to the Celtics Tremont Waters...
« on: June 21, 2019, 04:02:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
All the other draft picks got some glory with their own thread, so why not Tremont as well?

Another interesting pick that could make the team as a spark plug off the bench.

he is 21 years old and stands 5'10.75" (6'2.25" wingspan), so 1 1/2 inches shorter than Edwards. FT% = 81.2% and averaged 5.8 assists a game for LSU. He also averaged 2.9 steals.

On the downside, he averaged 3.5 TO a game and only shot three-pointers at 32.7%. But, with that FT% he might improve, maybe.

But in any and all cases, he is a Celtic...for now.  ;D Below is some video of my newest and shortest Celtic.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/tremont-waters
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Re: Welcome to the Celtics Tremont Waters...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 04:03:23 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
This was the one head scratcher for me, but it was 51, so whatever.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 04:03:53 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
exactly. why not capture IT magic if you can?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 04:08:51 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
I wanted Tacko Fall.

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 04:15:12 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I like Waters highlights, but I just wish he was 3 inches taller.  But if he was 3" taller he probably goes end of 1st round.
probably too small to make the impact he did in college.  looks like a good ball handler, passer, smart player.

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 04:19:29 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Reportedly the Celtics were looking for a player that would agree to a two-way contract at the pick (which makes sense).  Not every player would want to agree to that prior to the draft, so that presumably limited their pool of guys to pick.

On top of that, his defense is NBA-ready, so if you have to play him due to multiple injuries and illnesses at the position, he can at least give you something playable at one end of the court.

I don’t expect he’ll have a long and storied career, but you never know.  Right now he’s someone to develop for a year in Maine, have available in case of emergency, and then see what you’ve got.  In a perfect world he’s a smaller version of the PG that Avery Bradley never became.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 04:20:52 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
I wanted Tacko Fall.
hey! this is a welcome thread, so try something such as this...

WELCOME TREMONT, i wish you were tacko fall.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 04:31:30 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
You mean, "Welcome to the Red Claws"

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 04:47:50 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I wanted Tacko Fall.

Ainge apparently agrees, as he just signed Tacko.  So now you can try again welcoming Waters!

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 05:33:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
really? thanks for the news salty. a tp for being the bearer of good tidings.

summer league this year will be a ton of fun to watch.  ;D
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2019, 12:09:02 AM »

Offline uconnceltic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Was my call for this pick and needs strength and work on his shot. Good two way player who just needs to play against better competition

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2019, 12:27:31 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Reportedly the Celtics were looking for a player that would agree to a two-way contract at the pick (which makes sense).  Not every player would want to agree to that prior to the draft, so that presumably limited their pool of guys to pick.

On top of that, his defense is NBA-ready, so if you have to play him due to multiple injuries and illnesses at the position, he can at least give you something playable at one end of the court.

I don’t expect he’ll have a long and storied career, but you never know.  Right now he’s someone to develop for a year in Maine, have available in case of emergency, and then see what you’ve got.  In a perfect world he’s a smaller version of the PG that Avery Bradley never became.
Yeah, his defence seems to be quite excellent. For someone who really wanted Jevon Carter last year this is a bit of a consolation. If we get anything out of him it's a win
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)