Author Topic: NBA 2019-2020 season thread  (Read 397346 times)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 season thread
« Reply #1545 on: January 22, 2020, 11:51:00 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Feel for Bradley Beal. Great player on a bad team. 38/9/5 tonight and it wasn't enough.

Wizards should have won that one! They needed to score once in their final two possessions of regulation. Oh well!

The Heat sure are barely squeaking out some wins lately. I know they have been playing extremely well, but they can't keep it up...right? No matter what, we need to get out of the 4 spot and be in the top 3. It would be a disaster playing Philly in the 1st round and it would be great to have them and MIL go at it in the 2nd round.

I think we can beat the Sixers with homecourt.

« Reply #1546 on: January 23, 2020, 12:03:10 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Zion 22/7 in 18 minutes. Gonna get harder and harder to make the case that he's just a Julius Randle clone....

Miami 7-0 in overtime.

« Reply #1547 on: January 23, 2020, 12:04:20 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Zion 22/7 in 18 minutes. Gonna get harder and harder to make the case that he's just a Julius Randle clone....

Miami 7-0 in overtime.
If Randle has MJ-like athleticism!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1548 on: January 23, 2020, 01:24:50 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'm already looking forward to the 2020-21 NBA All-Star game - wherever it may be.

These two dudes will make BEAUTIFUL basketball music together for that game.

We already know what we have with Luka - a Generational Talent.

I really believe that we could be looking at the same thing with Zion.....I know it's just one game, but the Court Vision...the skill...the talent.....BBALL IQ....

This is not even mentioning the ELEPHANT in the room in his sheer size and physical strength. He is going to MOVE many tons of basketball player out of his way (and NOH's) over the next 15-20 years.

Really, really HAPPY for Zion (and Luka). Both of these players have great coaches AND a solid organization around them. Couldn't always say that with NOH but beyond Gentry (whom is a quality coach) they NOW have Griffin.

DAL and NOH is set...especially NOH - they have LAL's future in their back pockets LOL...............

Let's get that 8th spot for the post season, NOH!!

« Reply #1549 on: January 23, 2020, 01:30:46 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I'm already looking forward to the 2020-21 NBA All-Star game - wherever it may be.

I really believe that we could be looking at the same thing with Zion.....I know it's just one game, but the Court Vision...the skill...the talent.....BBALL IQ....

This is not even mentioning the ELEPHANT in the room in his sheer size and physical strength. He is going to MOVE many tons of basketball player out of his way (and NOH's) over the next 15-20 years.

Really, really HAPPY for Zion (and Luka). Both of these players have great coaches AND a solid organization around them. Couldn't always say that with NOH but beyond Gentry (whom is a quality coach) they NOW have Griffin.

DAL and NOH is set...especially NOH - they have LAL's future in their back pockets LOL...............

Are the foreign born players the best players in the league going forward? Greek freak, Luka, Zion, ...

« Reply #1550 on: January 23, 2020, 01:39:00 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Are the foreign born players the best players in the league going forward? Greek freak, Luka, Zion, ...

Zion is foreign born? I thought he was American?

If so then you are correct.

« Reply #1551 on: January 23, 2020, 01:39:50 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Shoutout to that guy who told me I was crazy for thinking the Thunder were massively better than their record back in early November.

« Reply #1552 on: January 23, 2020, 01:43:15 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Wasn't Zion born in North Carolina?

Also, you might be able to add DeAndre Ayton to that foreigner list soon... maybe Tacko
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #1553 on: January 23, 2020, 01:49:02 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Shoutout to that guy who told me I was crazy for thinking the Thunder were massively better than their record back in early November.

Chris Paul has been the consummate professional in OKC. SGA has the ultimate teammate.

« Reply #1554 on: January 23, 2020, 01:53:56 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Also guys like Embiid, Jokic & KAT! So many non-US guys killing it

« Reply #1555 on: January 23, 2020, 02:00:00 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

So true...even though I think Zion was born in North Carolina....

Wasn't Ben Simmons born in Australia as well?

« Reply #1556 on: January 23, 2020, 03:03:49 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Not just born.  He grew up there. 

« Reply #1557 on: January 23, 2020, 03:10:20 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Not just born.  He grew up there.
Yeah, he’s Australian, no matter how much he ducks playing for our national team

« Reply #1558 on: January 23, 2020, 03:11:04 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

KAT was born and raised in New Jersey. 

« Reply #1559 on: January 23, 2020, 03:17:22 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

KAT was born and raised in New Jersey.
Whoops, thought he was only Dominican.