Author Topic: Rozier over Smart  (Read 12826 times)

Re: Rozier over Smart
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2016, 08:48:28 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
This thread is some real nonsense.  Watch how the season plays out and talk to me when Rozier does anything as well as Smart plays defense.  This is one of the best defensive players in the entire league we are talking about.

to be fair, this is also one of the worst offensive players in the entire league we are talking about (in smart)

One of the worst shooters. If you look at the advanced metrics, Smart doesn't hurt the team offensively. In the pre-season, his offense looked improved. Just not his 3-pointer.

People really don't get that.  The shooting needs to get better, no question.  I think it will in the midrange and to the basket and the guy has always been able to pass.  He can move the ball as well.  From the preseason, he looks very improved.

Comparing to Rozier, he hasn't shown he can do anything remotely at the level Marcus dominates on defense.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2016, 08:54:42 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
This thread is some real nonsense.  Watch how the season plays out and talk to me when Rozier does anything as well as Smart plays defense.  This is one of the best defensive players in the entire league we are talking about.

to be fair, this is also one of the worst offensive players in the entire league we are talking about (in smart)

One of the worst shooters. If you look at the advanced metrics, Smart doesn't hurt the team offensively. In the pre-season, his offense looked improved. Just not his 3-pointer.

People really don't get that.  The shooting needs to get better, no question.  I think it will in the midrange and to the basket and the guy has always been able to pass.  He can move the ball as well.  From the preseason, he looks very improved.

Comparing to Rozier, he hasn't shown he can do anything remotely at the level Marcus dominates on defense.
Rozier got beat multiple times on misdirection moves. I know Smart wouldn't had. It could be jitters and that he over committed to stop penetration one way but it happened multiple times. I hope he can plug that hole in his game.

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2016, 09:49:05 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
Rozier played poorly tonight on both ends.  Pump the brakes.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 10:16:29 PM by Snakehead »

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 10:11:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Rozier is a better shooter and good little guard .

He can't step into Marcus role on this team ...

Just forget the comparison. ....it's dumb

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2016, 10:16:19 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Rozier is a better shooter and good little guard .

He can't step into Marcus role on this team ...

Just forget the comparison. ....it's dumb
So, CB's shiny new toy isn't so shiny after all?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2016, 10:17:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
So, did people see how much we missed Smart defensively and at the end of the game tonight?

Rozier didn't play bad by any means, but he played pretty much how I thought he would with the big boys - how a 2nd year, 16th pick should. 27 minutes, 5 pts, 2-5 fg, 3 rebs, 3 asts, 2 stls, 1 TOV and a +2 overall. A decent overall game for him, but he just doesn't impact the game the way Smart does. His defense is still lightyears away from Smart's, and he still needs to learn how to play off the ball better.

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2016, 10:23:23 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I thought he played fine. Got to the paint and created good looks for the team. Can someone find the Celtics record without Marcus Smart on the floor? I believe they probably have the same record as they do with him on the floor.

It's laughable to me that some have even said Rozier played bad. I've seen Smart consistently play much worse and not receive that same negativity.

I think we need both players as they do different things. Hope both turn out good and I'm very pleased with Rozier so far. 

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2016, 10:24:38 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

It's laughable to me that some have even said Rozier played bad. I've seen Smart consistently play much worse and not receive that same negativity.

With every post you make it is clear you do not watch or consider defense.

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2016, 10:27:40 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
I just looked did some math from looking at games we have played. Looks like we have the same record with Smart as we do without. But yeah, this team really missed him tonight when we blew him out and our bench blew it. I'm sure him leading out bench would've stopped the nosebleed.

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2016, 10:28:53 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

Yeah I'm not blind to one side. I like two way players. He's Tony Allen. And he doesn't create as much offense as you make it out to be. Either way, don't understand why you're ripping Rozier. He has nothing to do with Smart.

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2016, 10:29:14 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm looking for Smart to be this years ET and Rozier move up to what Smart was last year. His defense wont be that but offense will be much better so it should be fine.

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2016, 10:31:08 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
I'm looking for Smart to be this years ET and Rozier move up to what Smart was last year. His defense wont be that but offense will be much better so it should be fine.

I could see that happening as well. I'm pleased with Rozier. Let's see how Smart performs when he is back.

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2016, 10:32:25 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

Yeah, that's becoming clear. That was one of our worst defensive games in the last two years. We just let the freaking Nets put up 117 on us. People don't realize the type of quarterbacking role that Smart has on the defense, just like KG used to. His individual defense is second to his overall effect on the team defense, which I guess many don't pay attention to.

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2016, 10:38:45 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Yeah Rozier didn't look too great tonight but I attribute that to him having the yips plus Brad used this game to figure out who he should play and who he shouldn't play.

Can't wait for when we get a good sample size out of both.

Tonight was a learning experience. This team will improve from this.

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2016, 10:44:08 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
So, did people see how much we missed Smart defensively and at the end of the game tonight?

Rozier didn't play bad by any means, but he played pretty much how I thought he would with the big boys - how a 2nd year, 16th pick should. 27 minutes, 5 pts, 2-5 fg, 3 rebs, 3 asts, 2 stls, 1 TOV and a +2 overall. A decent overall game for him, but he just doesn't impact the game the way Smart does. His defense is still lightyears away from Smart's, and he still needs to learn how to play off the ball better.

We'll just see how the Celtics play without Smart these next few games. It should basically determine this debate. If we continue to win, your guys points make no sense. I will concede the same if we lose.