Author Topic: Celtics Ticket Buying Experiences (merged)  (Read 12293 times)

Re: Ticket Nightmare
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 03:26:30 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
So this morning I tried, and like so many others failed to get tickets to the season opener against the Cavaleirs. Frustrated I tried a few other sites until I got onto Ticketsnow.com where I thought I found tickets for next to list price. I surveyed over and over to make sure the site seemed clean and then bought 4 tickets at 50 each (which is a sizeable amount for me). Checked my email to find out that I bought preseason tickets to see the Nets and neither Bank of America or Tickets Now could put a stop on it.

So what I want to know is; who knows some good jokes

Sorry to hear that man.  Ticketsnow is horrible.

Re: Celtics Ticket Buying Experiences (merged)
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 04:12:26 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I got one game so far; bought 'em off a friend. I'm going to Celtics/Grizzlies on March 13 - I get to see my man O.J. Mayo.

And Antoine Walker!   Apparently he's a Grizzly now unless they buy him out...

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 06:03:38 PM »

Offline geminiz

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
How did you guys get tickets for only $10. I bought mine this afternoon from ticketmaster.com and they were $36 before any fees. These were balcony seats in row 14.

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 06:15:22 PM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
How did you guys get tickets for only $10. I bought mine this afternoon from ticketmaster.com and they were $36 before any fees. These were balcony seats in row 14.

There were tickets on ticketmaster and at the box office for $10.  You had to ask for them at the box office or select that price on ticketmaster.  There was a 2 ticket limit per game for these at the box office, I don't know if this was the case on ticketmaster or not.

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 06:17:50 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
I Went on the Celtics.com at 10a.m. and was able to get two tickets for Celts vs Mavs in January. Loge 9, and the tickets were $116 each.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 06:29:12 PM »

Offline geminiz

• Open Roster Spot

There were tickets on ticketmaster and at the box office for $10.  You had to ask for them at the box office or select that price on ticketmaster.  There was a 2 ticket limit per game for these at the box office, I don't know if this was the case on ticketmaster or not.

What kind of seats do you get for $10? I'm wondering if the seats I got are worth the extra $25. Thanks.

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 06:36:41 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

What kind of seats do you get for $10? I'm wondering if the seats I got are worth the extra $25. Thanks.

I think the $10 tickets are the ones in the balcony, directly behind the hoops on either side of the court, and in the last rows.  So if you are in row 14, but closer to mid-court, that's why they're more.

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 06:50:34 PM »

Offline Loge7

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
I Went on the Celtics.com at 10a.m. and was able to get two tickets for Celts vs Mavs in January. Loge 9, and the tickets were $116 each.

I have 4 season tickets in Loge 7 (obviously)

$60 each ($55 last year)

The cheapest price point for Loge seats on TM is $101.50-crazy

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 07:15:18 PM »

Offline geminiz

• Open Roster Spot

I have 4 season tickets in Loge 7 (obviously)

$60 each ($55 last year)

The cheapest price point for Loge seats on TM is $101.50-crazy

WoW! Thats almost half the price compare to individual game tickets. Imagine selling a ticket for $100 for every game. WoW!  :o

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 09:09:01 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
Alright I just purchased tickets to three more games. As of now, I have:

November 10 vs. Toronto
December 5 vs. Portland
January 7 vs. Houston
March 13 vs. Memphis

Then I will probably get a couple more from a guy my dad works with, who has season tickets.

I'm pretty happy about the games I was able to get. I always end up with tickets against Toronto every year, but this year it should be a more interesting battle with Jermaine in the middle. Portland is an extremely likable young team, and I can't say I dislike many (if any) players on that roster. I'm a big fan of Roy, Aldridge, and Oden - love Nate McMillan, too. The Houston game should be terrific, no explanation needed. And then there's Memphis. Why would I buy tickets to a game against the Grizzlies? No other reason than simply "O.J. Mayo."
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2008, 12:01:52 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
any chance of me getting tickets for 2 people if i go to the boxoffice now?
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2008, 12:07:06 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
any chance of me getting tickets for 2 people if i go to the boxoffice now?

Doesn't hurt to try. I was able to get two tickets to game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals back in May on day of the game.

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2008, 12:41:42 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
tried about 12, my 1st break from work, nothing good left for any games I really wanted - went through last night, amazing how many games have no tickets left - must be a combo of increased season tickets, interest in the team, and perhaps the team holding more tickets back for vips... my schedule is really limited to games I can go to too - basically 1st few weeks of November, then after mid march, and any Sunday games, all I can do - thats the problem with coaching bball, you don't know what nites you'll have a game, so committing to a c's game in mid january is nearly impossible..... anyone want to take me to opening day? I'll buy the 1st round =)
When you love life, life loves you right back