Author Topic: Official 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (21-59, 3rd slot as of 4/12)  (Read 572866 times)

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Unless teams that Brooklyn plays at the end of the year are resting their players than I think Brooklyn will have at least 60 losses when it's all said and done.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
The Nets should do the right thing and Buyout Joe Johnson....Let him latch on with OKC or Houston...It's not like he's in their future plans.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
The Nets should do the right thing and Buyout Joe Johnson....Let him latch on with OKC or Houston...It's not like he's in their future plans.

Well Joe Johnson might not take a buyout apparently bc he wants to retain bird rights. Seems dumb to me though bc everyone will have cap space with the cap jump and there aren't enough free agents for teams to spend all that $ on

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Nets only have 8 more home games to 18 road. Hopefully Minnesota can hold em off.

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
The Problem is---all the other Bottom teams have Motivation to lose---Nets do not.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
The Problem is---all the other Bottom teams have Motivation to lose---Nets do not.

The Nets haven't had motivation to lose all year. What a huge difference that has made!
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

The Nets haven't had motivation to lose all year. What a huge difference that has made!

Which means they are worse than people think---now we need this to continue for the next 2 seasons plus.

Offline ReadyFor17

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • The shortest answer is doing the thing
If Charlotte loses it would be tough to swallow.  Lopez made a prayer 3 at the end of the 3rd and McCullough banked in a straightaway jumpshot early in the 4th.  Hopefully it's not one of those kind of nights.

I'm still p---ed about Jarrett Jack hitting a 3 probably in November where the ball bounced off the front rim, went straight up in the air and dropped in.

Yes, I've watched way too much Nets' basketball this season.
"But man is not made for defeat. Man can be destroyed but not defeated."

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
I didn't realize that tomorrow is the first of a nine game road trip for the Nets. NINE games! There are a bunch of games against bottom feeders, but they have to play the other bottom feeders at some point, and that might as well be during the longest road stretch of any team this year.

DKC Clippers

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 919
If Charlotte loses it would be tough to swallow.  Lopez made a prayer 3 at the end of the 3rd and McCullough banked in a straightaway jumpshot early in the 4th.  Hopefully it's not one of those kind of nights.

I'm still p---ed about Jarrett Jack hitting a 3 probably in November where the ball bounced off the front rim, went straight up in the air and dropped in.

Yes, I've watched way too much Nets' basketball this season.

#4,253 on the list of "how I know that I'm thinking too much about this draft pick:" Getting p---ed about anything related to Jarrett Jack. I shouldn't have any idea who that guy is.

Mike

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I didn't realize that tomorrow is the first of a nine game road trip for the Nets. NINE games! There are a bunch of games against bottom feeders, but they have to play the other bottom feeders at some point, and that might as well be during the longest road stretch of any team this year.

The key game is Thursday, when they visit the Suns

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Watching the NETs this season show the effect of the screwed up draft that encourages teams to tank.

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
Ok, so who are we rooting for tonight?  Boston or Minny?

I thought I'd never have to root against Boston again, and just root for the Nets to lose, but Minny is making things too close for comfort for the 4th slot.  My thinking is Boston can afford the loss tonight and still play strong down the stretch and get the 3rd seed.  I'm not feeling very good about Minny lately and Brooklyn has a few easy games coming up - albeit on the road.

People reading this thread all highly value the draft positioning, so I thought this would be a fair question in this thread.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

I thought I'd never have to root against Boston again, and just root for the Nets to lose, but Minny is making things too close for comfort for the 4th slot.  My thinking is Boston can afford the loss tonight and still play strong down the stretch and get the 3rd seed.  I'm not feeling very good about Minny lately and Brooklyn has a few easy games coming up - albeit on the road.

People reading this thread all highly value the draft positioning, so I thought this would be a fair question in this thread.

Haha. I posted this in the game thread and got some flak for it. I'm rooting for the Celtics but won't be upset with a loss.

DKC Clippers

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff

Haha. I posted this in the game thread and got some flak for it. I'm rooting for the Celtics but won't be upset with a loss.

Yep, me too.  I'm shocked Minny can't play any better.  They have the talent.