Author Topic: Prediction: Ref #1 for Game 6 will be Marc Davis  (Read 4810 times)

Re: Prediction: Ref #1 for Game 6 will be Marc Davis
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2018, 11:44:23 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Ken Mauer, David Guthrie, Ed Malloy for tonight's Houston-GSW game.

Guess what that means for us in game 7? We will be playing 5 on 8

Yep..Foster and Brothers. I am certain on that.

It could be Zarba, which would be good... but I fear Brothers as well.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2018, 09:24:07 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The officials for tonight's Game 7 matchup between the #Celtics  and #Cavs will be Marc Davis, James Capers and Zach Zarba with Kane Fitzgerald as the alternate.

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2018, 09:26:07 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
The officials for tonight's Game 7 matchup between the #Celtics  and #Cavs will be Marc Davis, James Capers and Zach Zarba with Kane Fitzgerald as the alternate.

Davis is bad but I'll take it all things considered!

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2018, 09:35:26 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
I'm not worried about the refs at all. Lebron will get his calls, that's the way the NBA works. He does not get every call, however, he gets hit every time he drives, but he doesn't go to the line every time. Yes, they don't call the travels and they do call some ticky tac fouls, but that is what happens with star players. The Celts have not lost any games against Cleveland this series due to officiating.

They lost game 6 because they missed a ton of free throws, turned the ball over too much, and let the Cavs crush them on the offensive glass. There's not much you can do about the free throws, the Celts are a good free throw shooting team, they just had a bad game, you hope it evens out and they have a good night from the line in game 7.

The turnovers and offensive rebounding, however, can be addressed. Those are issues of focus and attention to detail. Guys need to box out, they know the Cavs are looking to hit the offensive glass, they can't leave Thompson and Nance without a body on them. All five guys need to look to rebound on the defensive end.

With respect to turnovers, I have seen two issues. First, lazy passes that lead to fast breaks. This is inexcusable in the playoffs. They know the Cavs are looking to attack passing lanes, they need to avoid the careless passes. Two, trying to do too much. A lot of turnovers occur when a guy tries to make a really difficult pass. Unless you are an elite passer, you should just attempt good passes. Good ball movement forces the defense to react and move and will result in good shots, no need to thread the needle. They also need to avoid hero ball, I know Jaylen and Jayson can take a lot of the Cavs one on one, but they need to avoid trying to do it all. Even Korver can defend Brown if he charges right at him at then tries a circus shot.

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2018, 10:51:27 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

This to me seems good.

Favorites are 9-1 in the playoffs in games reffed by Davis.

We’re the favorite.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07