Author Topic: Celtics (50-16) at Bucks (30-38) 3/15  (Read 42369 times)

Re: Celtics (50-16) at Bucks (30-38) 3/15
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2009, 07:15:04 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
I swear a Sunday game = Loss for the C's.

« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2009, 07:27:26 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
I'm glad i missed this game.
well, not really but yeah.
Billy's played in three straight.---Does doc see something he likes? :O
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2009, 08:06:33 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
looks like eddie is hurt now...rolled ankle

« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2009, 09:54:08 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
What a pitiful excuse for an effort today. PP was a no-show on both ends of the floor. I would have sat him if I were Doc and used rest as an excuse. Had he given those minutes to Walker and told him to go out and show him something he might have been surprised.

Ray has shot so well this year he was bound to have one of these.

Perk played hard as always. Powe played okay as far as the stat line, but not really that great. Moore played hard and even though the stats only said 1 block, he had one on a layup, and two on the same play later. (which was then collected and put back in). Marbury looked like he is getting better.

Hate to see House roll his ankle. This is becoming a nightmare!

« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2009, 09:57:44 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
i guess since the celtics and doc don't care about any home court or seeding we should all stop worrying about it also

Well, but in the last several weeks I've read hundreds of times in this blog that Doc shouldn't be worried about any home court or seeding! Overwhelming support for that point of view!

« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
i guess since the celtics and doc don't care about any home court or seeding we should all stop worrying about it also

Well, but in the last several weeks I've read hundreds of times in this blog that Doc shouldn't be worried about any home court or seeding! Overwhelming support for that point of view!

don't mind orlando, he's always down on our chances after a bad loss  :D.

They played a horrid game today though, worst effort by the starters i can remeber in awhile.

Say this for the bucks though, I haven't seen that kinda of defensive effort out of them all year (admittedly, ive seen like 3 bucks games, tops.) they were flying around. They knew if they kept it up they had a good shot. Thats why you have to jump on teams early.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 11:03:42 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2009, 11:20:04 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

don't mind orlando, he's always down on our chances after a bad loss  :D.

I'm pretty sure he conceded home court after the West beat the East in the All Star Game.

;)  ;D
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2009, 11:47:38 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Couldn't watch; but was following the posts. Did Doc concede the game without a fight toward the end. Someone mentioned no fouls were made to get back into it. Was close at the end. Guess I have always questioned Doc's game management in close games. Seems like everyone is reverting to their old habits not just Pierce. I am not worried about home court against Orlando (more worried about the Hawks frankly); but don't like to see teams giving up close games.

« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2009, 12:49:43 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Couldn't watch; but was following the posts. Did Doc concede the game without a fight toward the end. Someone mentioned no fouls were made to get back into it. Was close at the end. Guess I have always questioned Doc's game management in close games. Seems like everyone is reverting to their old habits not just Pierce. I am not worried about home court against Orlando (more worried about the Hawks frankly); but don't like to see teams giving up close games.

Doc had nothing to do with it, the starters, perk aside, didn't show up to play, and they got their rear ends handed to them by a hungrier squad.

Sometimes its the coaches fault, but that was putrid effort by the players, im not in the mood to let them off the hook.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2009, 01:27:06 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Pierce sucked, Ray sucked, RR sucked.
Without KG, Perk is not enough.
We can't really blame Doc, though I'm
sure a poster or two will try  ;)

Let's get healthy for the playoffs
and try to hold on to the 2nd seed!

« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2009, 07:24:31 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
No one answered my post. I know everyone feels they deserved to lose the game perhaps Doc included). My simple questions is/was when you concede a close game does a team see that as giving up or do they see it as yes we deserved to loose. Either way we through away a gimme of a game - not trying to place blame, just curious.

« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2009, 07:52:06 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
No, they did not concede the game at the end until it was out of reach.

The game was complete slop.  You can go to any playground and watch better basketball. These are million-dollar players who can't take care of the ball, can't make shots, can't make free throws, and play lazy, matador defense.  It was awful.

Both teams stunk, but the Celtics were worse.  The 95-96 team that won 15 games played better than that most nights.

« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2009, 08:41:56 AM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
I hope this will be the last season we have with Doc Rivers.  He is just harvesting on what he cropped earlier by not giving the bench players the chance.  This "out of the blue" loss against the extremely poor Bucks just supports my thinking.  Not even when we are on few healthy legs he still does not give ALL bench players the chance to play.  Is he waiting for Ray Allen and Pierce to get injured too??  Absolutely incredible stuff!   >:(
In Danny Ainge I Trust!