Author Topic: Success: Lost 20 lbs. In 3.5 Weeks  (Read 6381 times)

Success: Lost 20 lbs. In 3.5 Weeks
« on: July 16, 2009, 12:38:23 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
Before picture:

After picture:

How? Just eating well and being a hell of a lot more active. I'm not stopping any time soon, either. A lot of people lose 20 lbs. in the form of a diet, which never seem to last. Diets are temporary in most cases. I'm not dieting, I'm bettering myself for good.

I feel great. I have more energy than I can ever remember having, I've built more stamina, I'm faster, I can jump higher, I look better, and overall I just feel better. It took me 20 years to truly wake up and realize what I had to do, but I'm glad that I did. I can't stress how good I feel.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

Re: Success: Lost 20 lbs. In 3.5 Weeks
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 12:40:25 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Before picture:

After picture:

How? Just eating well and being a hell of a lot more active. I'm not stopping any time soon, either. A lot of people lose 20 lbs. in the form of a diet, which never seem to last. Diets are temporary in most cases. I'm not dieting, I'm bettering myself for good.

I feel great. I have more energy than I can ever remember having, I've built more stamina, I'm faster, I can jump higher, I look better, and overall I just feel better. It took me 20 years to truly wake up and realize what I had to do, but I'm glad that I did. I can't stress how good I feel.

TP, congrats.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 12:48:25 AM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
TP dude, i have had similar success the past 4 weeks, i have lost 12 pounds.  I just stopped eating really Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty and i completely stopped late night eating.  Oh and i gave up juices full of sugar and drink a ton of water.  Only if i was motivated to work out a lot

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 12:54:02 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Congrats, looking good.

TP

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 12:55:46 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
Before picture:

After picture:

tp...any specifics about what u did?

wicked impressive,,,and i'd love any pointers on what u meant by eatin right and gettin active
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 12:56:06 AM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Congrats

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 01:11:09 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
Truck Lewis: As for eating right, I just stopped eating like an idiot: Pizza, fried chicken, french fries, Spaghettios, ice cream, Mac & Cheese, chips, a bunch of American cheese... all that junk. I'm not saying that I'll never eat those things again, just not very often.

I've substituted all of those bad, fatty foods with apples, carrots, peaches, pineapples, bananas, light yogurt, etc. As for the base of my meals, I have been eating a lot of Thin N' Trim chicken and turkey breast (sliced from the deli). Some tomato soup here and there. Cereal for breakfast every once in a while. Instead of having two pieces of bread for a sandwich, I'll have one.

What do I drink? Absolutely nothing but water and iced tea (with Splenda). The only other thing I have had in the last 3.5 weeks is beer, and I only had one, so it hardly counts.

I have also been closely paying attention to the nutrition facts on everything I eat.

I've cut down my late-night eating severely, and if I do find my stomach rumbling at midnight or later, I'll have some baby carrots or whatnot with a bottle of water.

I have also found that gum and water cures a lot of the "I'm not really hungry but I want to eat something because I'm bored" urges.

Exercise: for the first two weeks I jogged a mile like every other day. Then I started adding in push-ups and crunches every now and then. And of course, being a basketball addict like myself, I have played lots of basketball. If I wasn't involved in a competitive pickup game, I've done drills from my old AAU coach that keep me working (as opposed to just casually shooting around by myself).

I might even add light weight lifting some time soon, but I've got to learn a little more about it before I jump into it.

In all honesty, it's not that hard. Not as hard as it sounds, anyway. Even if you're active for 15-30 minutes a day, it's going to make a difference.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 01:21:02 AM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
Does anyone else think they lose weight once the off-season rolls in? I think it's because there's just a lot less of an excuse to drink beer.
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 02:08:48 AM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Nice photoshop job man, those pictures are really well done.

Seriously though, 20 pounds in less than a month is no joke and definately isnt easy to do. I too am in the middle of trying to lose weight and the late night snacks is definately the hardest part. Giving up soda was the key for me, once i completely stopped drinking that the weight started to flt off. Now i just gotta give up Elios which you know is no easy feat for me, anyways good work Chaps.

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 02:24:14 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
In all honesty, it's not that hard. Not as hard as it sounds, anyway.

I second that. I stopped drinking coke and eating junk food and replaced them with juices-water and healthier food and salads (which i didn`t even touch before "the turn"). It`s completely a mental.

The biggest problem is cutting on beers. The nutritionist said that it`s better to drink wine of any spirit than 0.33lt beer :-(

The problem gets bigger if we add that part of my vacation will be in Czech Republic! 

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 12:13:52 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Congrats, CB32.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 12:18:02 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Nicely done CB32

I had a good 3 month stretch of eating well and exercising and have hit a bit of a wall during the summer craziness.

The idea of "not dieting", but making a lifestyle change is a good way to approach it.

Eating well and exercising works.
Yup

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 12:18:25 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
Good work, now take a picture of you in your old fat jeans, and we've got ourselves an infomercial.  Billy Mays would've had a field day  ;D

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 12:19:02 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Nicely done CB32

I had a good 3 month stretch of eating well and exercising and have hit a bit of a wall during the summer craziness.

The idea of "not dieting", but making a lifestyle change is a good way to approach it.

Eating well and exercising works.
I'm hoping to achieve the same thing once I've gotten my new place unpacked and kitchen setup. Its scary right now and very difficult to make myself healthy food at the moment.

I hate moving.

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 12:19:27 PM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Congrats on taking your before and after pictures from basically the exact same angle in the exact same room.  That is an accomplishment in itself.  Congrats on the weight loss as well...