Author Topic: Which three players would you like to see with Perk and Rondo? (within reason)  (Read 9460 times)

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
If we decide to build around Rondo and Perk with other younger players, who would you like to see replace Ray, Pierce, and KG?  Don't say Dwyane Wade, LeBron, and Chris Bosh.

I was thinking Josh Smith, Gerald Wallace, and Andre Iguodala.  All three guys are good passers and excellent athletes who would go well with Rondo on the break.  We'd still be a top defensive team and we'd be much better at rebounding.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Does contract matter?

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
If we decide to build around Rondo and Perk with other younger players, who would you like to see replace Ray, Pierce, and KG?  Don't say Dwyane Wade, LeBron, and Chris Bosh.

I was thinking Josh Smith, Gerald Wallace, and Andre Iguodala.  All three guys are good passers and excellent athletes who would go well with Rondo on the break.  We'd still be a top defensive team and we'd be much better at rebounding.

Melo!   He is going to be a free agent in 2012 , the same year the C's will have a ton of cap space. With Denvers future looking shaky with an older Chauncey Billups and KMart who knows how much longer they will be contenders.

Melo is basically the same player as PP in his prime ,but has the potential to be even better.

You add Melo at SF and try to get a sharp shooter like Morrow from GSW and possibly even use BBD at PF . That team is easily 50+ wins for the next 5 years with room to grow.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:45:04 PM by rondohondo »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

Problem is, that team would be just awful at shooting.  Sounds good on paper, wouldn't work that well in practice.  Those guys all do similar things on the court; their games overlap too much to work well together.

Marcus Thornton, Danny Granger, Anthony Randolph  are my picks.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If we decide to build around Rondo and Perk with other younger players, who would you like to see replace Ray, Pierce, and KG?  Don't say Dwyane Wade, LeBron, and Chris Bosh.

I was thinking Josh Smith, Gerald Wallace, and Andre Iguodala.  All three guys are good passers and excellent athletes who would go well with Rondo on the break.  We'd still be a top defensive team and we'd be much better at rebounding.

I love how Wade, Bosh, and James are off limits but Josh Smith, Gerald Wallace, and Andre Iguodala are just waiting on the tree branch ready to be picked... I know they arent of superstardom status, but its pretty much still out of the realm of possibility.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I have no idea. It would take trade magic not seen since 2007.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I think we would see a zone every game since we would have zero above average outside shooters. We would see some major clogged lanes.

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
No bosh

Rondo, Wade, Bronnie, Garnett     , Perk
Bibby, Ray,          , Noah

8 to be champ
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Michael Jordan

I'll need role players who can hit it from outside.

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

First of all, I would never build around Kendrick Perkins. I'd trade that guy for a pet rock if a GM would bite. Anyway, excluding contracts, trades, salaries, etc., I wouldn't mind having a team of Rondo, Roy, Deng, Bosh, and Ibaka.

Rondo--he just does what he does.

Roy--your number one scoring option

Deng--a great role player, third option, and your lock down defender

Bosh--your second scoring option

Ibaka--your best rebounder, shot blocker, and paint presence

I'd bet on that team to win three titles: great defense and great team play. But they would need a sixth man. Steph Curry would be ideal because (1) this team needs someone who can shoot the lights out, and (2) they need someone who can add some diversity to the team.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 03:50:13 AM by KungPoweChicken »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
A healthy Al Jefferson, (yes, at PF), Danny Granger (SF) and Kevin Durant (SG). (This is a dream thread, right? ;))
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Durant or Melo would be a dream come true. It would be nice to see Big Al back in green.

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
No bosh

Rondo, Wade, Bronnie, Garnett     , Perk
Bibby, Ray,          , Noah

8 to be champ

Ray and Garnett, but no Pierce? Wow :o

You would keep those two but banish the lifetime Celtic?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
gerald wallace and danny granger are celtics for sure

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

Melo!   He is going to be a free agent in 2012 , the same year the C's will have a ton of cap space. With Denvers future looking shaky with an older Chauncey Billups and KMart who knows how much longer they will be contenders.

Melo is basically the same player as PP in his prime ,but has the potential to be even better.

You add Melo at SF and try to get a sharp shooter like Morrow from GSW and possibly even use BBD at PF . That team is easily 50+ wins for the next 5 years with room to grow.

This is interesting.  I like Melo.  I disagree that he's as good as Pierce or ever will be (sans stats) because he lacks Paul's heart but, he is a top 5 go to guy on the offensive end. 

I still think you can win (2008) with Perk at Center but, you need a scorer at PF and great shooter to play alongside Rondo. 

Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10