Author Topic: Extra Small  (Read 2083 times)

Extra Small
« on: December 16, 2008, 01:00:30 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Pruitt looked good last night, so lets hope this is the start of a trend.

I was thinking that one of the problems with our second unit is the lack of a real ball handler. This problem causes us to leave Pierce of Allen on the court, because Tony and House cannot bring it up against pressure. How do you think the team would fair with a House, Pruitt, Allen combination on the floor?

They would be awfully small, but there would be some good shooting and slashing, and Pruitt does not seem bothered by ball pressure - thoughts?
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

Re: Extra Small
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 01:04:03 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Depends on the opponent, but I think against most of the teams in the league, they could succeed running those guys out there for short stretches (less than 5 minutes at a time).  I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see it sooner rather than later.

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 01:04:06 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Did you not see what happened last night when we had a lineup of Pruitt, TA, Pierce, Baby and Powe?

I'll give you a hint - we blew a 15 point lead.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 01:14:53 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Did you not see what happened last night when we had a lineup of Pruitt, TA, Pierce, Baby and Powe?

Then the starters came in and Utah continued on their 9-2 run. The Jazz are a very good team with an excellent bench, when they get hot there is no stopping it.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 01:20:32 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

When Pruitt entered the game, it was a 12 point lead.  When Pierce left the game about two minutes later it was a 13 point lead.  Then Ray Allen entered the game for Scalabrine two minutes later, when the lead was 10, and Garnett and Rondo came back in when the lead was 10.  So I think you are misremembering things.

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 01:28:22 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason

When Pruitt entered the game, it was a 12 point lead.  When Pierce left the game about two minutes later it was a 13 point lead.  Then Ray Allen entered the game for Scalabrine two minutes later, when the lead was 10, and Garnett and Rondo came back in when the lead was 10.  So I think you are misremembering things.

That's possible.  I was a few beers deep at the time.  I just remember being up by 15 or so, saying "look at this garbage excuse of a lineup we have out there" and then having a tie game at the half.

In any case, my thought is that this lineup is not a good idea, but you all knew that was my thought anyway  ;D
God bless and good night!

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 01:40:29 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I've always wanted to see more use of TA as a SF with the hopes of giving more time to either Pruitt playing, or Rondo at the point with House at the 2.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 02:04:40 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Get ready!  If there is one thing I haven't done much of ever is give doc credit.
I think doc is actually doing a very good job giving our starters "normal" minutes and getting some time for the subs.  This can only help the team later in the year, if Powe is playing well, tony is slashing to hoop, pruitt has confidence is his ability, eddie is hitting the j's.  So while his 2nd unit of all subs except ray or paul is at times scary, I'm assuming (hoping) that come end of the year the rotation is shortened up.  If we need 3 minutes of good play from pruitt we can count on it.  Or walker for that matter.