Author Topic: is a player this good, with this many issues still worth having?  (Read 6920 times)

Re: is a player this good, with this many issues still worth having?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 06:06:51 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
love the guy, cannot really remember him from Pistons days (given my hatred for Zeke and Lambeer and my youth it was easy to miss things back then) but loved him since his SA days. Easily my favorite non-Celtic of all time, and if we could get Rodman clone on our team right now, I'd take it.
Ron Artest?
Frankly I don't think Ron Artest could hold Rodman's jock. Rodman was still shutting down whoever he wanted at Artests age and really didn't care about stats - Artest (IMO) wants that rep, but also wants to throw down 20 a night. BTW - Rodman was versatile enough to play multiple positions his whole career, I don't think you could really put Artest anywhere but the SF spot now.

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 12:47:12 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
love the guy, cannot really remember him from Pistons days (given my hatred for Zeke and Lambeer and my youth it was easy to miss things back then) but loved him since his SA days. Easily my favorite non-Celtic of all time, and if we could get Rodman clone on our team right now, I'd take it.
Ron Artest?
Frankly I don't think Ron Artest could hold Rodman's jock. Rodman was still shutting down whoever he wanted at Artests age and really didn't care about stats - Artest (IMO) wants that rep, but also wants to throw down 20 a night. BTW - Rodman was versatile enough to play multiple positions his whole career, I don't think you could really put Artest anywhere but the SF spot now.

Dennis Rodman is a hall of famer (not really, but we know that he IS) Ron Artest is a joke.

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 01:53:23 AM »

Offline Celtic_E

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
Rodman is one of the craziest players both on and off the court to ever play in the NBA. The pic by CelticHooligan3 just proves my point. Nice pic, brings back memories of a vintage Rodman. Nobody in the league does that kind of crazy stuff on the court anymore and I kinda miss those moments.

If he were in his Pistons/Bulls playing days form today and he's available, I'd definitely snap him up for the C's in a heartbeat. Yes, he may have some issues but the man will give up his body for the team and is the perfect embodiment of a role player. Besides, we have KG, PP and RA to keep him in check in case he tries to think he's bigger than the team.

Rodman is also one of the most tenacious defenders in league history. He'll be as fit as a glove for our current team.

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 02:01:55 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Rodman is probably certifiably insane.

But, I have to admit I totally rock his old Bulls jersey at least a couple times a month. Love the guy, and I would love to have him on my team any day of the week. Probably the best rebounder in NBA history.

Blasphemy on Celtics blog.

What part? We never had a rivalry with the Bulls.

Perhaps if he mentioned the Pistons.

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 03:30:48 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Rodman is one of the craziest players both on and off the court to ever play in the NBA. The pic by CelticHooligan3 just proves my point. Nice pic, brings back memories of a vintage Rodman. Nobody in the league does that kind of crazy stuff on the court anymore and I kinda miss those moments.

If he were in his Pistons/Bulls playing days form today and he's available, I'd definitely snap him up for the C's in a heartbeat. Yes, he may have some issues but the man will give up his body for the team and is the perfect embodiment of a role player. Besides, we have KG, PP and RA to keep him in check in case he tries to think he's bigger than the team.

Rodman is also one of the most tenacious defenders in league history. He'll be as fit as a glove for our current team.

No offense' but i think it would come down to one KG-vs-Rodman fight in the practice area' and then non of the big3 would dare try to step near him off the court.

Rodman was a lousy teammate post Detroit era' but everyone knew, come game time non of it mattered as he was the one guy you could depend on to have your back on the court, witch when you think about it is quite amazing.

He would drink and take drugs all night long then come in to the game and play with just the same night in and night out.

He was the best enforcer in the league'
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 10:25:18 AM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
Despite Rodman's craziness I don't think it ever affected the teams he played for, especially Detroit. He really was one heck of a player and he accepted his role willingly, defense and rebounding.

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 03:48:21 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6icwrLvZGhA&feature=related

scary good, with this team its like Jordan and Pippen were amazing scorers, and if you were lucky enough to get them to miss...your not going to get the rebound and their just gonna score the next time.

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2008, 07:38:59 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
if bill russell just spent the entire time on offense looking for offensive boards imagine what he could do. i think you could say this for countless amount of players. as far as getting in people's heads in my opinion a lot of that falls on the refs. i've nevcer seen a player in nba history foul for almost every minute he's out there and then act like he was hit ands they'd give him the call.  he fouled the mailman the entire finals. if malone grabbed and clutched like rodman did he would never get away with it. i have no idea how good i think rodman really was.
  i bet that the mailman was'nt to keen on bodying up with rodman for a series when dennis liked dudes. lol.