Author Topic: Stunned by pruitts play as of late  (Read 18974 times)

Stunned by pruitts play as of late
« on: October 17, 2008, 02:41:45 AM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
If this keeps up not only will he easily make the team but danny should be nicknamed the "thief" cuz he keeps stealing excellent talent in the 2nd round year after year.

Pruitt always had a bit of everything in terms of skills and ability, but he is finally working hard and starting to put it together the past few games. He is playing defense, scoring, passing, shooting etc.

This is jumping the gun, but if pruitt keeps developing like this, we could have ray allens replacement when his contract is up (pruitts ceiling is higher than that of giddens and walker imo)

Very excited about this kid and it looks like with tony alle'sn explosion in todays exhibition darius miles is a goner. (unless cassell will become a full time assistant)

Re: Stunned by pruitts play as of late
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 03:01:31 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
The kid can play, and belongs on this roster.  I hope Cassell is doing some intense suit shopping during this preseason. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 03:09:22 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Yea prety impressed myself. DID he look really in control tonigh? Great numbers didn't see the game though.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 03:15:27 AM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
Alright call me crazy but could he possibly turn into a poor man's Arenas?  Pac-10 player, early 2nd round pick, 6'4 scoring lead guard.  Fits the bill if you ask me.   ;)  Ah what do I know I'm still emtionally high off the Red Sox comeback! 

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 03:43:36 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
Stunned? He looked good everytime we saw him last year. I have NEVER seen that kid play badly - ever. He was just a guy that hardly got to play.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 04:08:32 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Alright call me crazy but could he possibly turn into a poor man's Arenas?  Pac-10 player, early 2nd round pick, 6'4 scoring lead guard.  Fits the bill if you ask me.   ;)  Ah what do I know I'm still emtionally high off the Red Sox comeback! 

Then his teammate Walker will be imporessed by him as well.

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 06:44:14 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Stunned? He looked good everytime we saw him last year. I have NEVER seen that kid play badly - ever. He was just a guy that hardly got to play.
Exactly, I've been a Pruitt fan since watching him shoot his first jumper.  He didn't have a handle to play in the nba last year but this year he's under control and playing very well.  He is Eddies ticket out of town, Gabe keeps improving he's a combo guard off the bench.  Maybe someday the starting sg with rondo? Ray does soooo much for us that doesn't show up in stats sheets (as does PP/KG) not sure if he'll get to that level.

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 07:37:49 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Lets not make him an allstar yet, but I think he has proven to be at least Cassell's equal at this point. I would prefer to have Cassell take that assistant coaching job for the first half of the year so Pruitt can get some time to develop.  If we need an upgrade by midseason, Cassell could pull a PJ Brown. 

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 07:38:20 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I mentioned before he was an early second rounder in a deep draft so not really a second round pick and he was projected to be a top 20 pick if he came out this year.  He has the talent.   So I'm not that surprised.   It was just very tough for him to get playing time last year.   There is a little bit more leeway this year with the young kids getting playing time so I expect at the very least some spot minutes for him.  

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 07:39:40 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
I don't know that he is House's ticket out of town - cause House actually excels as an off-guard. You always need shooters off the bench. Pruitt can play a scoring point. Both TA and Pruitt will act like PGs when House is out there, IMHO.

Pruitt's play though hopefully is Cassell's ticket to a coaching job..

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 08:14:19 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Pruitts best play came as a 2.

He is a 2. Good player.

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 08:23:02 AM »

Offline Reyquila

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
  • Let them hate, as long as they fear
House is a 2 guard. He is there to get the ball and shoot it. He is at his best as a 2G. If he has to be a 1G, we lose his offense. Thats the pattern. So lets keep House as a 2G and develop Pruit as a 1g. Eventually,We hope House keeps his shooting at a high level and Pruitt learns the 1G duties at a high level. Right now House is a better 2 than a 1; so is Pruitt. So, again, who do you rather have as a 2G that can shoot the hell out of the ball. I think that Pruitt, eventually be more useful to the C's than House; but its not the time yet.
And someday in the midst of time,
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 08:27:44 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I don't know that he is House's ticket out of town - cause House actually excels as an off-guard. You always need shooters off the bench. Pruitt can play a scoring point. Both TA and Pruitt will act like PGs when House is out there, IMHO.

Pruitt's play though hopefully is Cassell's ticket to a coaching job..

I don't mean they are getting rid of eddie anytime soon.  Pruitts play is a quicker ticket to sam in a suit.  In the future Eddie is expendable if Pruitt continues to play the way he has.  Eddie's weakness pruitt is much better at (ball handling) but eddie does so much for us now I in no way mean he's trade bait this year.
like reyquila said, its not the time yet.

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 08:32:23 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
A player like Eddie is never expendable. He gives you exactly what we saw last night (minus the missed free throws and turnover ;D) . He brings energy to the floor and is an amazing shooter. Hard to find someone who can light it up like that. He should retire a Celtic.

Gabe does look much improved as well. He doesn't seem to panic with the dribble, he can knock down shots, and plays pesky defense. I think Sam will be holding a clipboard this year. No way he brings more than Gabe does at this point.

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 09:14:09 AM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
Pruitt isn't Eddie's ticket out of town, he's Eddie's ticket to more playing time, because while Eddie can be pressured, few if any teams have two Lindsay Hunters, so when Pruitt is also on the floor there's enough ballhandling for Eddie to stay out there too.

Eddie will always have a role as a licensed sharpshooter; Pruitt has the potential to be a fine two-way player.
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark