Author Topic: Kyrie after Bulls loss: “I still don’t see anybody beating us.”  (Read 5413 times)

Re: Kyrie after Bulls loss: “I still don’t see anybody beating us.”
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2019, 10:13:43 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Kyrie is right - on both accounts.

As for the Bulls loss - "The sun shines on a dog's behind some days."

It shone brightly on the Bulls last night.

The Celtics seem to have a habit of lifting the dogs tail and positioning the dog for maximum exposure, if you know what I mean.

This hasn't exactly been a rare occurrence this season. They've dropped a lot of games when they should have won easily or at least been competitive.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2019, 10:23:39 AM »

Offline Greengang5

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21
In the playoffs, CBS needs the highest usage among Irving, Horford, Tatum, Hayward, and Brown.  CBS needs to be better at calling plays so these players control the game and the ball.  Kyrie understands that is going to happen.  Last night Tatum and Hayward didn't have the ball enough.  Tatum was rolling early and then took a couple shots CBS didn't like.  He wasn't used as much after that.  Rozier is going to see his playing time and usage decrease over these last 20+ games in preparation for the playoffs. Morris will see a decrease as well. You can already see Irving overlapping more with Hayward these last handful of games. 

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2019, 10:45:44 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Kyrie is right - on both accounts.

As for the Bulls loss - "The sun shines on a dog's behind some days."

It shone brightly on the Bulls last night.

The Celtics seem to have a habit of lifting the dogs tail and positioning the dog for maximum exposure, if you know what I mean.

This hasn't exactly been a rare occurrence this season. They've dropped a lot of games when they should have won easily or at least been competitive.

TP

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2019, 10:54:37 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
KG would be kicking some guys in the ass if they didnt come to play. This team takes on the personality of Kyrie...moody, disconnected, up and down. We need someone in the locker room that can get everyone motivated and accountable. Too many passive personalities.

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2019, 11:42:46 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Bulls caught fire its one game true. In a series things are a lot tougher. But C's need to step up their consistency and defensive rotations. Get the stuff worked out before playoffs.

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2019, 12:17:48 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
This team does not seem to always get up for bad teams and I. The playoffs, that won’t be the case. Not worried still. Kyrie was the only player with a positive net rating on the court again last night and I love his attitude of we won’t be beat when it matters.

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2019, 12:53:14 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
KG would be kicking some guys in the ass if they didnt come to play.

It's amazing how people choose to remember what they want to. As if a KG led Celtics team never got booed off the court for not competing, or blew big leads late, or underperformed until the playoffs.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2019, 01:24:42 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

It's amazing how people choose to remember what they want to. As if a KG led Celtics team never got booed off the court for not competing, or blew big leads late, or underperformed until the playoffs.
Shhhhh.... That doesn't fit the narrative, so it must be disregarded. Also forget that KG never won anything until he was with 2 other all-star veterans.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2019, 01:43:42 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
very few ever see defeat coming...... so this is not enough if you do not man up and start playing winning basketball as a TEAM.

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2019, 02:00:37 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
In the playoffs, CBS needs the highest usage among Irving, Horford, Tatum, Hayward, and Brown.  CBS needs to be better at calling plays so these players control the game and the ball.  Kyrie understands that is going to happen.  Last night Tatum and Hayward didn't have the ball enough.  Tatum was rolling early and then took a couple shots CBS didn't like.  He wasn't used as much after that.  Rozier is going to see his playing time and usage decrease over these last 20+ games in preparation for the playoffs. Morris will see a decrease as well. You can already see Irving overlapping more with Hayward these last handful of games.

Tatum has to unlearn some of his one on one attempted 2 point magicianship....it hurts the flow of the team and while I don't know the numbers it seems to me he hits 3 pointers at a higher percentage than what I would call "difficult fancy twos".  (I'm fine with drives and simple two point shots). 

Last night Tatum did not shoot enough 3 point shots.  Or get to the hoop enough.  Keep the ball moving Jayson and get it back on a cut to the hoop!!  We need Rondo on this team when Kyrie sits! 

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2019, 03:07:58 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
He isn't growing as nothing. In other words, nothing he said means anything. They are just words.

It's how the team reacts and how much they are behind him. Everyone who plays a sport should knows this.

Everyone defending Irving saying why people blaming him are missing the entire point.

The point is are these guys going to play with Irving , are they caring enough to win. Sometimes it seems like they do , others it doesnt.

Kyrie can care all he wants, but if they are not behind him, then who cares?

Well...when Danny trades Hayward, Brown and Rozier for AD this summer, problem will be solved.

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2019, 04:02:49 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I agree with him, but he really should let his play do the talking. Dude talks too much.

He did...

He scored efficiently...37 points, 10 assists, thats superstar production for you.

Not his fault that every time he passes to an open Rozier and Rozier Bricks it.

Not his fault that Hayward the Max player is contributing nothing at the moment.

Not his fault that Smart and Morris decided to turn the ball over 3 or 4 straight times with errand passes.

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2019, 04:13:14 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

His username says it all
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2019, 04:26:52 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
He isn't growing as nothing. In other words, nothing he said means anything. They are just words.

It's how the team reacts and how much they are behind him. Everyone who plays a sport should knows this.

Everyone defending Irving saying why people blaming him are missing the entire point.

The point is are these guys going to play with Irving , are they caring enough to win. Sometimes it seems like they do , others it doesnt.

Kyrie can care all he wants, but if they are not behind him, then who cares?

Well...when Danny trades Hayward, Brown and Rozier for AD this summer, problem will be solved.

Hayward is not going to be traded because no one will want his contract. His play has been awful.

Sometimes I think the Pelicans might mot even accept Tatum, Brown and fillers...

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2019, 04:45:21 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

I specifically remember going to see them play a game at New Jersey in during the 07-08 championship season where they score 60+ points in the whole game and lost. 

It happens.