Author Topic: Zizic & Yabs gaining BIG trade interest  (Read 10032 times)

Re: Zizic & Yabs gaining BIG trade interest
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2017, 07:08:13 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
When Danny makes a trade to improve this team, whether this year or during the offseason, I see 2 of Yabu, Zizic and Nader being included. There is just no way Ainge saddles Stevens with a bench consisting of 4 rookies and 2 ssecond year players next year...not for a team in win now mode.
[/quo
You might want to check out the 1981 Celtics team. Only 3 guys on that roster that have age 30 and above.

But one of the guys was larry bird, that would be an * as soon as larry came into the nba he was one of the best players in entire league.

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2017, 10:47:57 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
When Danny makes a trade to improve this team, whether this year or during the offseason, I see 2 of Yabu, Zizic and Nader being included. There is just no way Ainge saddles Stevens with a bench consisting of 4 rookies and 2 second year players next year...not for a team in win now mode.

You might want to check out the 1981 Celtics team. Only 3 guys on that roster that have age 30 and above.
What does the 81 team having only three players over 30 have to do with the fact I doubt Ainge will put 6 players on this team that are 2nd year players or rookies? Completely different situations. Rookies and second year players in 1981 tended to be 23-25 years old with 4 years of college experience to learn the game and develop their bodies. Rookies and second year players are now 19-21 years old and usually have to learn the game and grow into their bodies. They have little post high school experience.

Also, its most likely that 2 of our rookies aren't two of the best 30 players to ever play the game.

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2017, 11:53:16 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
When Danny makes a trade to improve this team, whether this year or during the offseason, I see 2 of Yabu, Zizic and Nader being included. There is just no way Ainge saddles Stevens with a bench consisting of 4 rookies and 2 second year players next year...not for a team in win now mode.

What does the 81 team having only three players over 30 have to do with the fact I doubt Ainge will put 6 players on this team that are 2nd year players or rookies? Completely different situations. Rookies and second year players in 1981 tended to be 23-25 years old with 4 years of college experience to learn the game and develop their bodies. Rookies and second year players are now 19-21 years old and usually have to learn the game and grow into their bodies. They have little post high school experience.

Also, its most likely that 2 of our rookies aren't two of the best 30 players to ever play the game.

TP great point.

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2017, 11:54:55 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I have a really hard time believing Zizic goes top 10 in this draft. Great news non the less.

The general manager speculated that if Zizic had not come out last season, when the Celtics got him with the 23rd pick, “he would almost certainly be a lottery pick in this draft, maybe Top 10, even though this is a deeper draft than last year. He would be better than a draft pick, really, because you can see what you’re getting

This draft is deeper than last, but weak in bigs.  The strength of this draft is guards.

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2017, 11:58:04 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
If he could be our Jokic...WATCH OUT!

The Warriors are going down!!

Zizic is more of a Nurkic than Jokic. Jokic is a 4 with passing skills and solid shooting abilities. Zizic is strickly a 5 who plays hard inside, scores inside and gets a lot of rebounds. But still i see him as a more mobile version of Nurkic.

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2017, 12:02:54 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I have a really hard time believing Zizic goes top 10 in this draft. Great news non the less.

The general manager speculated that if Zizic had not come out last season, when the Celtics got him with the 23rd pick, “he would almost certainly be a lottery pick in this draft, maybe Top 10, even though this is a deeper draft than last year. He would be better than a draft pick, really, because you can see what you’re getting

This draft is deeper than last, but weak in bigs.  The strength of this draft is guards.

At the same time, I know I remember "anonymous GMs" saying that James Young would have been a top 10 pick in 2015 had he not come out early in 2014.  I found that a pretty questionable notion before the draft, obviously untrue after the draft, when Ainge was unable to trade multiple firsts to move to #9 (certainly Young could have been added to that deal if he were so valuable), and laughable today.

I like Zizic.  Can't wait to see him next year.  But I'm not falling for "anonymous exec says he could be top 10 if he were in this draft." Been there, done that.

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2017, 12:05:39 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

At the same time, I know I remember "anonymous GMs" saying that James Young would have been a top 10 pick in 2015 had he not come out early in 2014.  I found that a pretty questionable notion before the draft, obviously untrue after the draft, when Ainge was unable to trade multiple firsts to move to #9 (certainly Young could have been added to that deal if he were so valuable), and laughable today.

I like Zizic.  Can't wait to see him next year.  But I'm not falling for "anonymous exec says he could be top 10 if he were in this draft." Been there, done that.
That "anonymous comment" got me riled up for nothing. Man, imagine moving up to get Turner if it was true? NBA anonymous execs am I right?
#JKJB

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2017, 02:17:59 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Nurkic went #14 (in a relatively strong draft.)

Zizic had the same production over longer minutes in the same league at the same age.  It doesn't take rocket science to guess that he might go in the lottery in this one.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2017, 02:22:51 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Zizic had the same production over longer minutes in the same league at the same age.  It doesn't take rocket science to guess that he might go in the lottery in this one.

He went 16th, for what it's worth.  One spot before James Young.  I still remember my howl when Denver took him, and thinking "crap, we get James Young or Gary Harris."  Retrospectively, Gary Harris would've been fine.

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2017, 02:35:41 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

He went 16th, for what it's worth.  One spot before James Young.  I still remember my howl when Denver took him, and thinking "crap, we get James Young or Gary Harris."  Retrospectively, Gary Harris would've been fine.

I was excited because that's when I knew we could get Rodney Hood.

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2017, 02:38:42 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say that.

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2017, 03:41:00 PM »

Offline Real World

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
If I had a choice, I'd move Yabu before I'd move Zizic.  I think Yabu has a much lower floor as an undersized, or oddly sized depending on how you look at it, player.  He's a tweener 4, who might be too slow to play the 3.   He's the riskier prospect imo, and he may never be worth more than he is now. 

I wanted Nurkic that year and was bummed he went right before the C's pick.  I was ok with Young though.  He looked like a nice lottery ticket with his age, and Madness performance.  He just never developed.  That's the tough thing with the NBA now.  Guys come out so early, with such little competitive play to scout on.  It's always a crap shoot to a certain extent, but it's easier to project a guy who's played collegiality or internationally for a few years, than merely one. 

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2017, 03:42:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd be happy to move Yabu; not sure he's an NBA player.

I'd prefer they keep Zizic.  They will need affordable big man help after they (likely) let Amir and Zeller walk this summer.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2017, 03:57:58 PM »

Online sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
I'd be happy to move Yabu; not sure he's an NBA player.

I'd prefer they keep Zizic.  They will need affordable big man help after they (likely) let Amir and Zeller walk this summer.

I agree 100%

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2017, 03:58:51 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say that.

If I recall correctly, Hood had been dropping like a rock on draft boards for a while at that point.  Just remember not wanting him at all (was hoping for Gary Harris).  Shows you what I know.

Great words from a great man