Author Topic: Why We Shouldn't Try for DeAndre Jordan  (Read 8813 times)

Re: Why We Shouldn't Try for DeAndre Jordan
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2015, 07:01:09 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
We should not pursue DeAndre for a ton of money. It makes sense to put an offer somewhere between the $10-$12 range. He's still a solid defender and he can control the boards.

But if he's getting a max, lets pass.

Agree, and on that note would rather have Draymond Green on this team next year if we are talking defense.

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2015, 07:10:02 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
We should not pursue DeAndre for a ton of money. It makes sense to put an offer somewhere between the $10-$12 range. He's still a solid defender and he can control the boards.

But if he's getting a max, lets pass.

Agree, and on that note would rather have Draymond Green on this team next year if we are talking defense.

Yeah, Green or Kawai would be nice. 

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2015, 07:40:52 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Rosco, Good points.
1. Please understand that I did not say they would make a huge leap at year six, but rather that you don't know what you have until at least year 6.
2. I think Milsap and Jefferson both had athleticism difficulties they had to overcome.
3. Atlanta is athletic on their frontline--more so than Boston--but it is always difficult to compare players who are 8-10 year pros with players who are 2-3 year pros.
4. Could you be underestimating experience a bit when it comes to anticipation and defensive rotation? Could it be that better anticipation and more ingrained defensive rotation principles give the appearance of a wider gap in athleticism between Atlanta and Boston?

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2015, 07:44:03 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I think tthat people need to reset their thinking about pay levels because of what's going to happen in 2016-17 with the cap jumping up to the $90 million range. Guys like DJ and Monroe etc are going to be bargains at the 2015 max.

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2015, 10:26:39 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Jordan's one of those rare guys who can be either vastly underrated or overrated depending on the person.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2015, 08:37:19 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Well I tried to find some data to back up my claim that Zeller just doesn't get to the same shots in the paint that Horford does, but to be honest I couldn't. I was looking at the player tracking data on nba.com, and for the guys who have played at least 20 games this year and had at least 5 FGA in the paint, Zeller's actually in the top 10 in opponents' FGA at the rim. So if anything he's getting to more... I'm not exactly sure what to make of that, because all the top 10 guys played 24 minutes or less, and there's many other variables I didn't take into account.

I still think just looking at FG% at the rim is a bit unfair because guys face different types of attempts at the rim (I also noticed a few guys like Timofey Mozgov completely changed in this area when they changed teams), but I can' really make any claim based on stats that Horford is a better rim protector than Zeller (I still think he's better from anecdotal evidence).
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!