Author Topic: Would you make this Rondo trade  (Read 19003 times)

Would you make this Rondo trade
« on: September 28, 2013, 12:29:08 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Kemba Walker, Kidd-Gilchrist, Bismack Biyambo and Unprotected 2013 first for Rondo.

If you wouldn't do this deal what type of trade would you actually accept for Rajon.

Re: Would you make this Rondo trade
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 12:32:35 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
No.

Probably, none.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 12:38:51 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Trade's impossible, 2014 1st is already promised to the bulls. Protected but promised.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 12:48:00 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Rondo For Kyrie Irving, gee and 2014 first. If the Cavs wanted Rondo for that package can you turn that down.

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 12:50:27 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Rondo For Kyrie Irving, gee and 2014 first. If the Cavs wanted Rondo for that package can you turn that down.

'Course not.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 02:11:09 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i have an answer but cant answer cause i cant answer the second part of your question

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 04:50:55 AM »

fitzhickey

yes those are three of my fave young guys in the NBA
and definitely the Kyrie trade

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 08:18:41 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Trade's impossible, 2014 1st is already promised to the bulls. Protected but promised.
yeah but they do own a couple of other picks they could trade, of course those have protections.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 08:19:37 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

cleveland wouldn't even trade irving for rondo.  In fact, I don't think we could give them rondo and a bunch of firsts for irving. 

People on this board have totally unrealistic expectations of value.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 09:22:13 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Hate to tell ya, but Cleveland laughs hysterically.

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 09:25:41 AM »

fitzhickey

I don't think KG living legend actually thinks CLE would do that deal, I tho k he is more going for would you part with Rondo for that.
my answer is a definite yes it but Cleveland wouldn't do it sadly

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If the Bucks, for example, were sitting on a very low win total heading toward the trade deadline and they offered us Henson, Antentokounpo, Caron Butler's expiring contract, and two 1sts (2014, 2016), I'd probably seriously consider that offer.

I think whatever team is trading for Rondo would have to be a team with some nice talent already on board, that is interested in being competitive ASAP, that doesn't already have a really good starting point guard, and that is having an unexpected down year.

I doubt that you're going to get a 5 star prospect for Rondo.  More likely, you could get a couple of 3 star prospects and a future 1st or two.  If one of those 1sts is projected to be a top 10 pick this year, I'd pull the trigger.

Another example: 

The Kings, with new ownership, want to be competitive again ASAP.

They offer Ben McLemore, Isaiah Thomas (RFA this summer), Jason Thompson, and their 1st round pick this year.

In return, they want Rondo, Bradley, and one of the Nets' 1sts.

That would be very difficult to pass up.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 10:34:19 AM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 12:54:49 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If the Bucks, for example, were sitting on a very low win total heading toward the trade deadline and they offered us Henson, Antentokounpo, Caron Butler's expiring contract, and two 1sts (2014, 2016), I'd probably seriously consider that offer.

I think whatever team is trading for Rondo would have to be a team with some nice talent already on board, that is interested in being competitive ASAP, that doesn't already have a really good starting point guard, and that is having an unexpected down year.

I doubt that you're going to get a 5 star prospect for Rondo.  More likely, you could get a couple of 3 star prospects and a future 1st or two.  If one of those 1sts is projected to be a top 10 pick this year, I'd pull the trigger.

Another example: 

They offer Ben McLemore, Isaiah Thomas (RFA this summer), Jason Thompson, and their 1st round pick this year.

actually that'd be very easy to pass up.  wouldn't have a second thought about it and would probably laugh at Sac if they proposed it. 

I wouldn't do Rondo alone for that package, nevermind throwing in AB and a 1st.

Mclemore is an unproven rookie from a low-quality draft.  the kid would be lucky to make an all-star game.  IT is an ok PG -- problem is he's very short and would be a handicap against the majority of starting PGs in the league.  JT hasn't done anything in the league--all potential and little actual production.  the first would be of little value because the Kings would be a playoff team in the West with Rondo.

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 01:53:11 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Another example: 

actually that'd be very easy to pass up.  wouldn't have a second thought about it and would probably laugh at Sac if they proposed it. 

I wouldn't do Rondo alone for that package, nevermind throwing in AB and a 1st.

Mclemore is an unproven rookie from a low-quality draft.  the kid would be lucky to make an all-star game.  IT is an ok PG -- problem is he's very short and would be a handicap against the majority of starting PGs in the league.  JT hasn't done anything in the league--all potential and little actual production.  the first would be of little value because the Kings would be a playoff team in the West with Rondo.

Yeah very easy to pass on that lol that's just awful.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 03:27:43 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
regarding OP, it's a tempting trade. don't know if i'd do it though.

regarding Kyrie, yes.

and i would accept a deal only if it lands us a potential star (e.g. Drummond... or Kyrie :P) imo, if we're trading Rondo and the "best" part about the deal is the first round pick we're getting, then it isn't a good trade.
- LilRip