Author Topic: Rondo on Allen  (Read 12367 times)

Re: Rondo on Allen
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 03:45:13 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Ok I'm sorry I got put in to time out for act like Tommy, I guess I can't question the source of this so I'm going chill/ out so I don't receive a life long band from the greatest blogging site. Now since I apologize can I have a Tommy point. This Ray Allen mess got me tense Mr. Blog site editor...,,,

I gave you one. It can take a lot of guts to apologize on an anonymous internet message board. :)

Zing.

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 03:45:24 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Is anyone really falling for this. Think people!! He said "earlier today"... you think if RR said something this big this would be our first time hearing it lol??? Come on now...

The only people that were there were kids and parents.

So none of the parents said anything to any1 when they left about it... I highly doubt only one person out of the bunch would say anything. That's just too big to be held in by people...
Hence him coming here and posting about it, that'd be saying something wouldn't it?

I highly doubt if this event happened we'd hear about it any other way than over the internet.

Right but that's the exact reason I put no stock in it. It's a completely unsubstantiated internet report. until i see it reported/ a video or audio sample pops up, it's just KROTOR 2.0
Yup, but that doesn't mean its cool to break site rules, which is the main reason I posted anything in this thread.

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 03:46:13 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Given that the number of dead plays that Doc insists on running for Ray, I don't know why anyone should be surprised that Rondo may not care whether Ray comes back or not.  From Rondo's perspective, Ray is the guy who makes him stand at the top of they key and dribble the ball for 18 seconds waiting for him to get open, then at least half the time Rondo's forced to manufacture offense on his own at the last second.

Mike

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 03:46:24 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Is anyone really falling for this. Think people!! He said "earlier today"... you think if RR said something this big this would be our first time hearing it lol??? Come on now...

The only people that were there were kids and parents.

So none of the parents said anything to any1 when they left about it... I highly doubt only one person out of the bunch would say anything. That's just too big to be held in by people...
In Kentucky, most people don't give a rat's behind about the Boston Celtics or the NBA. I kind of believe this report. Not saying it's true, but sounds like Rondo.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 03:46:26 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Lol, this is kind of funny. I don't wanna call the OP a liar but its kind of easy to follow an athlete on Twitter and then make up something.

Caught any of the Q&A on your camera phone?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 03:47:12 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I will point out two things:

1. Camp Rondo is indeed going on right now in Louisville

2. rondofor3 appears to be from louisvile based on his own statements, nothing I've seen contradicts this,

Doubt if you want, I know I am skeptical of all of these type of reports. But no accusations or attacks on other posters will be tolerated.

I am from florida and an hour away from orlando (less)... if I say Dwight Howard told me he was retiring later today, does my location make me any more credible?

Good thing I didn't attack anyone, stating why this probably isn't true is not an attack...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 03:47:51 PM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
This is really no big deal.  Rondo doesn't like to get into long winded answers ever and he is the type of guy I think that believes he can win the NBA title with him and any other NBA players.

I bet if you asked him, will you be happy if Ray re-signs, he would say "Of course."

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 03:48:27 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

2. rondofor3 appears to be from louisvile based on his own statements, nothing I've seen contradicts this,

Doubt if you want, I know I am skeptical of all of these type of reports. But no accusations or attacks on other posters will be tolerated.

I agree, but look at the campers:

http://twitpic.com/a0x7nj

http://twitpic.com/5i6t7q

Whoever asked those questions has a career in journalism !

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 03:50:30 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I'm sorry but I don't believe it.

He wouldn't disrespect like that.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 03:50:44 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

He or she has to be better than Chris Broussard, right?

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 03:51:32 PM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

I said sorry. What's next a card in the mail?

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 03:56:51 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
If a kid at his camp asked about that, he might think more of reassuring the kid, that everything will be alright, even if Ray doesn't come back.

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 03:57:16 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
"We don't believe you, you need more people"- Jay-Z
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2012, 04:01:34 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Even if we assume that this exchange actually happened ...

HOW IS THIS IN ANY WAY A SIGN OF DISRESPECT? OR A SIGN THAT THEIR RELATIONSHIP IS SOUR?!

Rondo didn't say, "No, I'll be happy that %&$%#( is gone."

All he said is that he wouldn't be upset. And why would he be? And if he was, why would he tell people that?

This is nothing.

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2012, 04:05:39 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
If he actually said this, that really stinks.

Another sign of Rondo's immaturity and not being able to put aside his personal feelings for the good of the team. Danny, Doc and hence "the team" are making a big push to get Ray back. Rondo's statements undermine those efforts and weaken us and strengthen our mortal enemy.

If he really said this in public, I am all for signing Ray and cashing in on Rondo.

If he said he would be upset his detractors here would be wanting to trade him in case he might sulk if Ray was traded.

EDIT: This isn't the first time crap like this has happened with Rondo. Remember the rift in the Cs locker room between the vets and the young guys:Rondo, Baby, Perk?

By the same token this isn't the first time crap like this has happened between Ray and the younger guys. First he's treating them poorly enough to cause the rift you're mentioning, then he's bent out of shape over losing his starting role to one, now he has another problem with a younger player who he feels doesn't show him enough respect/deference on the court.