Author Topic: Ainge on WEEI right now  (Read 10083 times)

Re: Ainge on WEEI right now
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2011, 02:44:47 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Celtics wanted Reggie Jackson.  ::) go figure OKC snatches him the pick prior. The Thunder literally stole Celtics thunder and took their guy. sam presti must have a spy inside the Celtics.

Funny being from OK I have heard over and over the only team Presti would ever contemplate thinking about leaving OKC for, (bc that thunder team is his baby), is the Celtics since he grew up such a fan. The Cs are the only team that if the job opened up he would consider leaving OKC for.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2011, 02:46:37 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
I'm going to going out on a limb and say the Celtics wanted Reggie Jackson.  ::) go figure OKC snatches him. The Thunder literally stole Celtics thunder and took their guy. sam presti must have a spy inside the Celtics.

Reggie Jackson: Because Westbrook Can't Stop The Offense For All 48 Minutes.

Nah bc they aren't extending Eric Maynor. They gotta pay Russ, Harden, and Serge. Jackson is the Maynor replacement.

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2011, 02:49:48 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
It's not even worth talking about. Doc was quick to say he aint KG. KG was fifth overall and this kid is 27th. We should be happy if he turns into Taj Gibson honestly.

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2011, 02:52:26 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Isn't the joke that KG's like 6'13"?  For whatever reason (probably so he's not pressured to play center), he's never wanted to be called a 7-footer, but he is.

The KG comparisons are ridiculous.  I love the pick, I think the kid's going to help us a lot but to compare him to a first-ballot Hall of Famer is just to set yourself up for disappointment.  If he can give us 90% of what Taj Gibson has given the Bulls in his first two seasons, I'll be overjoyed.

Taj is who I've been thinking of.

Lol wow I really need to read the whole thread before I post replies haha.

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2011, 02:56:46 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Isn't the joke that KG's like 6'13"?  For whatever reason (probably so he's not pressured to play center), he's never wanted to be called a 7-footer, but he is.

The KG comparisons are ridiculous.  I love the pick, I think the kid's going to help us a lot but to compare him to a first-ballot Hall of Famer is just to set yourself up for disappointment.  If he can give us 90% of what Taj Gibson has given the Bulls in his first two seasons, I'll be overjoyed.

Taj is who I've been thinking of.

Lol wow I really need to read the whole thread before I post replies haha.

+1s are your friend.

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2011, 03:55:48 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Celtics wanted Reggie Jackson.  ::) go figure OKC snatches him the pick prior. The Thunder literally stole Celtics thunder and took their guy. sam presti must have a spy inside the Celtics.

Funny being from OK I have heard over and over the only team Presti would ever contemplate thinking about leaving OKC for, (bc that thunder team is his baby), is the Celtics since he grew up such a fan. The Cs are the only team that if the job opened up he would consider leaving OKC for.

If that's so, I bet it'll work out that the Thunder did the C's a favor--even though RJ may well play out as the better player.  I really think JJ is going to show something this year and help to make the post-Big Three era look for promising for FA's next year.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:11:47 PM by clover »