Author Topic: For those that think your seeing the most out of Jeff Green  (Read 9876 times)

For those that think your seeing the most out of Jeff Green
« on: March 27, 2011, 09:52:27 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
Tonight I have seen some outright hysterical comparisons. Someone even went as far as to say Marquis Daniels was better than Green. It was more then just a single person also.
Its been floating around the forums for a while now that Jeff Green just isnt that good.

Everyone thought Tony Allen was nothing but a bench defensive player while playing 15 minutes a night and being used as strickly a defensive stopper.

Look what happened.

Hes is the main man on a playoff team while playing 30+ minutes a night and gets to use up all of his gas while at the same time CARRYING teams to wins down the stretch to make it into the playoffs.

You really think Jeff Green isnt good?

Hes only playing 20 minutes a night on a team that never gives him the ball and doesent utilize his talents.

Tony Allen is carrying a team in the west to the 8th seed and into the playoffs now that hes given an opportunity.

Jeff Green is being asked to come off the bench and play 20 minutes (14 below his career average) as the 6th option on a team where he is nothing but an afterthought on offense behind Big Baby Davis and is ignored by his teammates multiple times a night while hes in position to score even though he is the most athletic player on this team and the most talented player off the bench that we have.

Jeff Green still has a full gas tank when the games over because the team refuses to even use a gallon from him.

Green is leagues and bounds better then what you are seeing, remember that if he decides to sign here in the future.

Personally, I think that Docs main focus right now should be integrating Green, and enabling him to be our true 6th man. Green is just being ignored for the most part, we traded Perkins for him, and were barely using him in my opinion, something needs to be done.

Why is Big Baby our #1 option for the second unit, and why is Baby still the #1 or #2 option when hes in with the starters?

Offense needs to go through Green when hes on the floor, period.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:22:29 AM by Megatron »

Re: For those that think your seeing the most out of Jeff Green
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 09:54:04 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Tonight I have seen some outright hysterical comparisons.

You finally read some of your posts, huh?
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 09:54:24 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
There's zero question in my mind that Green is not getting enough burn, especially since he brings what this team doesn't have in its starters right now - scoring.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 09:55:50 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
There's zero question in my mind that Green is not getting enough burn.

I agree. Green needs more PT.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:57:51 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
Perhaps Doc has joined his point guard and the legions of Celtic fans pouting over the trade of the King of the Illegal Screen, eh?

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 09:58:46 PM »

Offline lovely_20

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
  • Jesus Saves

Lol! You get a TP for that, sir.  ;)
"Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?""

Jesus Shuttlesworth, "He Got Game"

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 09:59:35 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games

Haha.  TP BFM. 

Megatron, I'm proud of you.  I assumed this thread was going to be all doom and gloom.  I'm glad to see a positive post out of you.  :)  That's worth a TP from me.

Jeff Green has showed some small bursts of brilliance in his time here.  I'm hoping Danny can use his restricted free agency status and the threat of smaller contracts after the new CBA to pull off a similar team friendly contract as he did with Baby a couple of off-seasons ago.

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 10:03:45 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 879
  • GOT IT!!!
You won't hear me disagreeing that Green needs more PT. I don't think Doc trusts Green enough on defense to get him the PT he needs.

He would rather go with overplaying Baby. I can understand this but Green should be getting the touches Baby gets on offense. He is easily the better offensive player.

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 10:03:57 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Classic.

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 10:05:15 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
Appears to me that Green is fitting into the defensive system nicely - team defense isn't an issue in this slide - so I don't think defense is an excuse for the limited minutes. I just think Doc loves Davis, and will ride him whether he's effective or not, the latter clearly the case tonight.

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 10:07:32 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Yeah, I disagree. I think Green is more of a future acquisition and is playing a role that gives the Celtics the best chance to win now.

If his production increases so won't his minutes.

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 10:07:42 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Megatron - I understand where you are coming from, for the most part.

I think Jeff Green is more than what we are seeing, too.

I don't see eye-to-eye with you most of the time, but here I can agree with you.

I just think Doc is still trying to integrate him into the team. He certainly can play.

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 10:10:39 PM »

Offline The DarkPassenger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
I agree and I fear that how Doc has been working his rotations and leaving Green out may put us in jeopardy of retaining him in the off season. Green when with OKC was a very capable starter and other teams will see that and try to scoop him up. I know he's restricted.

I've heard some say, not on this board but other places, that Green is the future at SF and will take over for Paul when Paul leaves, my fear is he is not going to want to wait 3-4 years to be a starter again.

I think you can't really lose much if for a few games you play Green more than Davis and just see what happens, not the time of year to be experimenting with lineups but does Doc have a choice? C's can't score in the 90's lately.

Jeff can play so much better than we're seeing and I hope he plays more in the future.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." - Michael Jordan

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."- Red Auerbach

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 10:11:24 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

:D

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 10:11:50 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I agree and I fear that how Doc has been working his rotations and leaving Green out may put us in jeopardy of retaining him in the off season.

Wow. Now that's a theory.