Author Topic: Patriots 2019 Season  (Read 85745 times)

Re: Patriots 2019 Season
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2019, 07:47:32 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2019, 09:35:14 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
The only reason to even tune in last night was to see the final Star Wars trailer at halftime. There was no way that I was going to watch that trash game, or tune in at any point otherwise. I put the game on with about 5 minutes before the half, and checked out as soon as the trailer dropped.

I feel bad for ESPN. They seriously need to renegotiate a new deal with the NFL. How has Monday Night Football gone from being one of the best games of the week, to suddenly being one of the worst games of the week, as soon as ESPN took over? Do they get to pick games, but are fourth in line after Sunday Night Football, Fox NFL game of the week, and Thursday Night Football? Is whoever in charge at ESPN, just awful at picking games to put on Monday?

« Reply #182 on: October 22, 2019, 09:43:17 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2019, 10:08:56 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Now the schedule gets fun.

CLE, @BAL, BYE, @PHI, DAL, @HOU, KC in the next 7 weeks.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2019, 03:58:54 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

While I did think CLE would be a tricky test a few months ago, I actually think we blow them out at home next Sunday. Browns are better than a lot of the teams we’ve played, but they’ve got a lot of issues, including internally I feel.

Go 4-2 in this stretch, and we’ll be great, and likely get a #1 seed. Going 3-3 would be fine too, but ideally we’d like to beat some of BAL, KC and/or HOU for tiebreaking purposes. I don’t see the other teams going undefeated the rest of the way, but there could be a few 12-game winners of that mix.

I think we're already pretty much going to get a first round bye, it's just the question of will we get the #1 seed or #2 seed.

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1186604832758681601

Very interesting!

Done deal, Sanu to the Patriots

Great move
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001068463/article/patriots-trade-for-wr-mohamed-sanu-from-falcons

I woke up excited seeing the news, but then when I opened my eyes a bit more and read it clearly, I saw we gave up a 2nd round pick and was a bit surprised. I love Sanu, and I'd always pushed for adding a Sanders/Sanu/OJ Howard piece. But a 2nd rounder did seem like a steep price.

That said, Sanu doesn't make too much and is also under control for next season too (at a modest 6M I believe).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2019, 04:05:42 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

While I did think CLE would be a tricky test a few months ago, I actually think we blow them out at home next Sunday. Browns are better than a lot of the teams we’ve played, but they’ve got a lot of issues, including internally I feel.

Go 4-2 in this stretch, and we’ll be great, and likely get a #1 seed. Going 3-3 would be fine too, but ideally we’d like to beat some of BAL, KC and/or HOU for tiebreaking purposes. I don’t see the other teams going undefeated the rest of the way, but there could be a few 12-game winners of that mix.

I think we're already pretty much going to get a first round bye, it's just the question of will we get the #1 seed or #2 seed.

Very interesting!

Great move
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001068463/article/patriots-trade-for-wr-mohamed-sanu-from-falcons

I woke up excited seeing the news, but then when I opened my eyes a bit more and read it clearly, I saw we gave up a 2nd round pick and was a bit surprised. I love Sanu, and I'd always pushed for adding a Sanders/Sanu/OJ Howard piece. But a 2nd rounder did seem like a steep price.

That said, Sanu doesn't make too much and is also under control for next season too (at a modest 6M I believe).
A second from most teams would be but a Pats 2nd could be and is likely to be one of the last picks in the round.

« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2019, 06:33:44 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Very interesting!

Great move

A second from most teams would be but a Pats 2nd could be and is likely to be one of the last picks in the round.

And I believe the Pats have three 3rd rounders next draft.  If Brady has Sanu and Julian this year and next -- looks pretty good to me.  Also loving Jacoby and hopefully Harry comes back strong.  2nd rounder is a value pick for the future but the return is great in the short-term.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 02:45:57 AM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2019, 06:42:28 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Very interesting!

Great move

And I believe the Pats have 3rd rounders next draft.  If Brady has Sanu and Julian this year and next -- looks pretty good to me.  Also loving Jacoby and hopefully Harry comes back strong.  2nd rounder is a value pick for the future but the return is great in the short-term.
100% Sanu, Edelman, Meyers and Harry should be legit WRs. We still need TEs after Watson

« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2019, 02:25:20 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2019, 06:33:24 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
And just in time too...Josh Gordon has been placed on IR even tho he says his knee injury is minor and he thinks he has a chance of playing against Cleveland this Sunday. He's now hoping he will be waived so he can sign with a new team. Looks like the Pats want to cut their losses and move on from him.

https://nesn.com/2019/10/josh-gordon-drops-interesting-instagram-comment-amid-patriots-ir-drama/
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #190 on: October 23, 2019, 06:39:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
And just in time too...Josh Gordon has been placed on IR even tho he says his knee injury is minor and he thinks he has a chance of playing against Cleveland this Sunday. He's now hoping he will be waived so he can sign with a new team. Looks like the Pats want to cut their losses and move on from him.

https://nesn.com/2019/10/josh-gordon-drops-interesting-instagram-comment-amid-patriots-ir-drama/

I mean, if it's a minor injury, that's a bad sign because he's been practically invisible the last few weeks.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #191 on: October 25, 2019, 05:30:52 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Can someone explain in detail to me where all of this stuff about Brady playing elsewhere next season is coming from? I saw the video of Schefter's comments about Brady and his trainer selling their houses; is that what started all of this? And ESPN Boston has a video today of someone saying the Bears and Raiders could be good landing spots for Brady next season, but I don't know why Brady would want to play for either of those teams (outside of Oakland being near where he's from), or really any team besides NE. Or why NE wouldn't want Brady next season.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2019, 05:32:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Can someone explain in detail to me where all of this stuff about Brady playing elsewhere next season is coming from? I saw the video of Schefter's comments about Brady and his trainer selling their houses; is that what started all of this? And ESPN Boston has a video today of someone saying the Bears and Raiders could be good landing spots for Brady next season, but I don't know why Brady would want to play for either of those teams (outside of Oakland being near where he's from), or really any team besides NE. Or why NE wouldn't want Brady next season.

haven't we been having this conversation about brady possibly leaving for several seasons now? 

at Tom's age it's always an open question if he's going to retire after the current season, his comments about playing until he's 45 notwithstanding, and people have been speculating for years now that Bill secretly wants to win a SB without Brady.

i won't believe Brady is gone until he's gone, though.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2019, 05:35:08 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think his kids are getting to an age where he may want to spend more time with them.  I sincerely doubt he would go play for another team.  But would not be surprised if he was planning to retire after this season. 

« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2019, 05:39:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I think Brady will play until he's 45, like he's said many times.

But would it surprise me if he did end up retiring after this season if they win the Super Bowl? Honestly, not really. By then, he'll have 7 rings (more than ANY single franchise in history - including the Steelers who as a franchise has 6). Most rings of anyone besides basically Bill Russell. Most in the NFL I believe.

Again, I still think he'll play for 2-3 more years with New England and that these recent reports are mostly just fluff. It just wouldn't surprise me if he did retire after another SB win, as that would be him leaving on a high, and probably historic note not just in football, but all of sports.

What would surprise me though, is if Brady is playing on another team after this season. I mean, that would shock me a ton. I think he'll either play for 2-3 more years here, or retire after this season. I don't think there's an "in-between" (barring some major injury which ultimately ends his career), and I highly doubt he plays elsewhere.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller