Author Topic: how 'bout the LLE to Smith?  (Read 14279 times)

Re: how 'bout the LLE to Smith?
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2009, 04:23:27 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Look it's already March 3rd now.  Since Joe Smith isn't on either the Cavalier's or Celtics roster yet, doesn't that mean that he would be ineligible to be on the playoff roster?  So isn't this all a moot point?  Joe Smith might be able to help for the rest of the regular season, but if he can't play in the postseason, what's the big deal?  Isn't it all moot now?

He can play in the playoffs, you just have to be bought out or waived by march 1st to be eligible for a playoff roster
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2009, 04:44:22 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
I just got this feeling we are gonna cut and sign either Gooden or Smith.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2009, 04:48:45 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

you know, i have been kinda thinking that too, but then i just read that Pruitt is back with the team today and talking about how badly he feels about the DUI...

gosh, that would be a rough day to get cut just coming back to the team.

the only thing i can think of is that they will cut him with the understanding that he wasn't going to get much PT the rest of the way, but that they still want him back...

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2009, 04:57:10 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

you know, i have been kinda thinking that too, but then i just read that Pruitt is back with the team today and talking about how badly he feels about the DUI...

gosh, that would be a rough day to get cut just coming back to the team.

the only thing i can think of is that they will cut him with the understanding that he wasn't going to get much PT the rest of the way, but that they still want him back...

I don't see it happening, but I'd certainly be all for it.  Heck, I don't care if Pruitt signs somewhere else if we land Smith or Gooden.  In the best case, Pruitt becomes a serviceable backup to Rondo.  That'd be nice, but certainly not something that can't be found elsewhere. 

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2009, 05:01:17 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

That's not gonna happen.  Not to say that Danny won't try, but Gooden and Smith can both get more money and PT elsewhere.

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2009, 05:18:37 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Look it's already March 3rd now.  Since Joe Smith isn't on either the Cavalier's or Celtics roster yet, doesn't that mean that he would be ineligible to be on the playoff roster?  So isn't this all a moot point?  Joe Smith might be able to help for the rest of the regular season, but if he can't play in the postseason, what's the big deal?  Isn't it all moot now?
No, Joe Smith needed to be waived by March 1st. He now can take his sweet time deciding where to sign.

is it official? could you guys provide some links? i was looking at nba.com and i find nothing about this other than writeups. not in the news or in the transactions. in march only 2 players were waived according to nba.com, both were waived by mar 2-swift and gooden. i mean, is the site delayed or what?

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2009, 07:41:10 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
No, Joe Smith needed to be waived by March 1st. He now can take his sweet time deciding where to sign.

is it official? could you guys provide some links? i was looking at nba.com and i find nothing about this other than writeups. not in the news or in the transactions. in march only 2 players were waived according to nba.com, both were waived by mar 2-swift and gooden. i mean, is the site delayed or what?
Yes, they can get more money, but where do they have a better chance of winning number eighteen? Also winning a championship with the Celtics is bigger, I would  think and it would be part of a back to back for the most storied franchise in the history of the NBA.
What would be the difference in salry, I don't think it would be that much of a difference  1-2 million? I'd rather win with the Celtics!!!!!

I guess I am just a HOMER!!!!!!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15