Author Topic: On This Day In Celtics History…  (Read 27562 times)

Re: On This Day In Celtics History…
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2023, 06:22:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1407
This board has always significantly overrated Rondo.  He was a wildly inconsistent complimentary player.  He had no business being a top 3 option and he thought he was and that was his downfall.  Also very immature even as a vet.  He played hard though, he just wasn't as good as he thought and much of thus board thought.  I was happy to be out of the Rondo business, even though the team waited too long to trade him.
Also a loser human being and quit on the team in the middle of a season. Cs fans rated him much more than others across the NBA. I was happy to see him leave. Team took off once he was traded.

The point of him being a loser human being there is certainly reason to say this. The rest of it though, I just don’t think that is true. He was quite a popular player around the league. In fact he was coaching alongside Lebron this past summer and got a very warm reception https://deadspin.com/lebron-james-rajon-rondo-nike-elite-1850610828. The idea he is beloved by Boston fans is kind of comical in how inaccurate it is. As donogus mentions he was very polarizing and  a lot of fans didn’t even like him when he was here.

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2023, 08:31:38 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1666
  • What a Pub Should Be
Only In Boston
@OnlyInBOS
·
50s
Bill Russell made his debut to the Boston Celtics 67 years ago today, playing for 16 minutes, scoring 6 points and grabbing 21 rebounds.

Russell and Tommy Heinsohn would lead the Celtics to the franchise's first championship four months later.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2024, 07:31:09 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1666
  • What a Pub Should Be
This is a helluva statline by the Chief.  And against the '81-82 Sixers to boot!

Honest☘️Larry
@HonestLarry1
On this date in 1982, Robert Parish scored 37 points, had 21 rebounds and  blocked 5 shots to give the Celtics a 123-111 win over the stupid 76ers. Larry Bird came  off the bench for the 7th straight game and poured in 29. Not a shred of video evidence. Sad.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2024, 02:11:22 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2451
This is a helluva statline by the Chief.  And against the '81-82 Sixers to boot!

Honest☘️Larry
@HonestLarry1
On this date in 1982, Robert Parish scored 37 points, had 21 rebounds and  blocked 5 shots to give the Celtics a 123-111 win over the stupid 76ers. Larry Bird came  off the bench for the 7th straight game and poured in 29. Not a shred of video evidence. Sad.

That game used to be on youtube. They took it down about a year ago.

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2024, 09:33:45 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2996
I was a big fan of young Rondo .  When DA traded Perk .  That sort of destroyed Rondo s attitude.  I know it messed me up bad .  Rondo just never was the same to me.

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2024, 10:09:52 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 295

Honest☘️Larry
@HonestLarry1

i'm still waiting for an nba streaming service that offers all of the archival footage possible.

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2024, 10:18:20 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 275
  • International Superstar

Honest☘️Larry
@HonestLarry1

i'm still waiting for an nba streaming service that offers all of the archival footage possible.
I'm sure if the rights were more-easily sorted the league would have this available as a YouTube Premium channel or League Pass extension/tier.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much--the wheel, New York, wars and so on--whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man--for precisely the same reason.