Author Topic: Carsen Edwards (merged threads)  (Read 21610 times)

Re: Carsen Edwards (merged threads)
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2019, 07:43:38 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Carsen Edwards is the new #4!!!!!

« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2019, 08:47:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
are you saying this because edwards picked #4 for his uniform? or, because you think he will be the second coming of IT?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2019, 08:48:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
are you saying this because edwards picked #4 for his uniform? or, because you think he will be the second coming of IT?
https://nesn.com/2019/07/rejoice-isaiah-thomas-fans-carsen-edwards-will-wear-no-4-for-celtics/
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2019, 08:50:20 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Get the rafters ready!!!

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2019, 09:22:19 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Rejoice!

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2019, 09:22:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
https://nesn.com/2019/07/rejoice-isaiah-thomas-fans-carsen-edwards-will-wear-no-4-for-celtics/
thanks gouki. a tp for finding it for me.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2019, 10:23:51 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
thats cool :)
fits him

hoping romeo re-thinks that #45. that just looks weird. doesn't bode well i think.

« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2019, 05:06:29 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Gonna stack up on my number 4 Celtic T-Shirts then :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2019, 06:04:20 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
thats cool :)
fits him

hoping romeo re-thinks that #45. that just looks weird. doesn't bode well i think.
If Luka can make #77 work I'm alright with #45
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Carson Edwards
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2019, 04:03:35 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Like small guys, Carson is used to being shorter but he is deceptive with a 6-6 wingspan and he has that compact lower body kind of strength ..He has proven his shooting on biggest stage against everything that gets thrown at him.
Like Isaiah these guys still get over looked .Brad will use his skills well.
He has a chance to be one of the steals of the  draft
.Romeo is 19, it wasn't till I read the age of Larry Bird 23 when he started and McHale 23 it fully hit me how raw these kids come in.
Developed properly and in the right system what an advantage where a place like Philly and Phoenix just grind them up and destroy these high picks.
Last year Robert Williams needed a life coach as well as a year of maturing and that has turned him around, Nowhere would he have got the support ,the new facility and even the short ride up to Maine for 5 games  about 25 minutes per .So believe me there was little he learned except a confidence boost and a good run. Any claims that the Red Claws had anything to do with his game are unfounded.

Last year was poisonous and ate away at the core of these young guys and the ever present threat of being traded would undermine a vet. FIBA hopefully was cathartic.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 04:32:16 AM by rollie mass »

Re: Carson Edwards
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2019, 08:53:11 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
small guys with unlimited energy give the older pros fits .   Carson has that younger like  AB energy that leaves older players like Bron standing and watching the play and playing no defense .  20 year olds wear out the 30 somethings .  Thats where the Lakers weakness lies.  The energy it takes to make one mighty pro defensive stand , will kill them over the next minute or two. Celtics must stay in constant motion .

« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2019, 09:15:37 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
small guys with unlimited energy give the older pros fits .   Carson has that younger like  AB energy that leaves older players like Bron standing and watching the play and playing no defense .  20 year olds wear out the 30 somethings .  Thats where the Lakers weakness lies.  The energy it takes to make one mighty pro defensive stand , will kill them over the next minute or two. Celtics must stay in constant motion .
The Lakers won't even be a concern for us anyways. I have no idea why people are considering them as a shoo-in for the playoffs after last year's fiasco (I correctly predicted that they'd miss it last season, think they have an outside shot at it this season).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:40:21 AM by Somebody »
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2019, 01:22:57 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I bet there is another thread on my favorite Celtic, Carson Edwards.

« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2019, 03:00:31 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
Like small guys, Carson is used to being shorter but he is deceptive with a 6-6 wingspan and he has that compact lower body kind of strength.

Good points, though I’d point out that he is listed at 6’0” 199; Kemba is listed at 6’1” 184; Isaiah 5’9” 185; and Terry Rozier 6’1” 190.

I’m betting that Carsen will be the best defender of that group, a better shooter than Terry, and more durable than IT.

He has a chance to be one of the steals of the  draft.

I would only add that Grant Williams does, too.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2019, 03:53:25 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
The Lakers won't even be a concern for us anyways. I have no idea why people are considering them as a shoo-in for the playoffs after last year's fiasco (I correctly predicted that they'd miss it last season, think they have an outside shot at it this season).
The Lakers are in the Playoffs this year.  Winning it. I don't see it.
Edwards is going to be a great player for us. I think Danny is getting better at drafting. I think Williams is going to also give us some good minutes. If Hayward commits to DA. Brown is gone for a big, IMO.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 04:02:33 PM by spikelovetheCelts »
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek