Author Topic: Celtics draft workouts thread  (Read 144664 times)

Re: Celtics draft workouts thread
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2016, 01:25:46 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
‏@AdamHimmelsbach  ·
Dragan Bender is scheduled to come to Boston for a workout on June 21, according to a league source.
This is a pretty good strategy by Bender's agent. If he kills it in workouts right before the draft it'll be fresher in Ainge's mind than a good workout by Brown a month ago.

It also gives Bender time to practice the drills they will probably run during NBA workouts.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2016, 01:31:53 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Time for a 4/13 and 3/16 swap when Phoenix falls in love. Then try to move into the top 10 again.

You're much more generous than I am. If they want 3, they're giving up 4 and 13. I would maybe consider giving them 23, but it would more likely be something in the second round. Then use 13 and 16 to trade up.

Mike

« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2016, 01:33:00 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
‏@AdamHimmelsbach  ·
Dragan Bender is scheduled to come to Boston for a workout on June 21, according to a league source.
This is a pretty good strategy by Bender's agent. If he kills it in workouts right before the draft it'll be fresher in Ainge's mind than a good workout by Brown a month ago.

It also gives Bender time to practice the drills they will probably run during NBA workouts.

Well, he also has some plans to workout for Phoenix and Minnesota, I believe, so I'm curious as to how the workouts are broken down. The Boston one could be the last one since he'll then be fairly close to Brooklyn for the draft.

« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2016, 01:45:28 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Does anyone know if it's realistic at all to have both Murray and Hield and maybe Jaylen also do a joint workout for the Celts?

I know if I were the Celts I'd want to see one on one, two on two, and three on three.

I would highly doubt that all of their agents would allow that.

Brown would be the only one to show up because he doesn't have an agent. It is actually a very interesting take on the draft process and one that actually endures him to me. He has advisors but no agent. Once drafted his contract is set by the CBA so kind of like selling your own house why both with an agent. This seems like an intelligent take n the process by a kid who is reported to be very smart.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2016, 01:50:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What i like about Brown is that he is not scared. He challenged simmons or ingram to 1 on 1 ball.

Celtics asked him to play against house (3-4years older) and no problem. 

He knows he is going in the top 8 and could include restrictions in his workouts.  But has not

Warrior spirit

« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2016, 01:56:55 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Does anyone know if it's realistic at all to have both Murray and Hield and maybe Jaylen also do a joint workout for the Celts?

I know if I were the Celts I'd want to see one on one, two on two, and three on three.

I would highly doubt that all of their agents would allow that.

Brown would be the only one to show up because he doesn't have an agent. It is actually a very interesting take on the draft process and one that actually endures him to me. He has advisors but no agent. Once drafted his contract is set by the CBA so kind of like selling your own house why both with an agent. This seems like an intelligent take n the process by a kid who is reported to be very smart.

I think the verdict is still out on that.  A lot of agents discount the rookie contract fee because there is less negotiating.  Having an agent may also help a player get selected earlier in the draft, as the player now has someone to lobby on his behalf.  Furthermore, agents don't only negotiate contracts.  If a dispute arises between player and team, the agent can act as a go-between, so that the player can focus on basketball and not a labor issue.

It may work fine for him, but he may also regret it.  Only the future knows.

« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2016, 02:01:17 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
‏@AdamHimmelsbach  ·

Talk about last minute.

Dragan Bender shows up at Celtics-Jaylen Brown wedding. Professes love to Danny Ainge.

Priceless...absolutely priceless!

« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2016, 02:20:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
‏@AdamHimmelsbach  ·

Talk about last minute.

Dragan Bender shows up at Celtics-Jaylen Brown wedding. Professes love to Danny Ainge.

TP of the day!!

« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2016, 03:55:49 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  ·Boston Celtics worked out both Buddy Hield and also Marquese Chriss today in California, source told ESPN. Both Rob Pelinka clients.

« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2016, 10:21:08 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I just read over at realgm that Jaylen Brown just canceled a workout with the TWolves to do a second workout with the Celtics.

« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2016, 11:00:44 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I just read over at realgm that Jaylen Brown just canceled a workout with the TWolves to do a second workout with the Celtics.
Maybe a smokescreen and they take Dunn.

« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2016, 11:19:58 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Remember last year the C's worked out both Rozier and Mickey twice before picking them...
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2016, 11:23:40 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Ha, ha, ha... Who can believe anything these days before the draft? 

Right now I have no good idea whom Danny will draft, or trade for. 

My guesses, and I mean guesses, if he drafts are -
Bender
Dunn
Brown
Maybe Murray

A trade? Maybe butler, definitely not okafor.  But maybe someone else.

I simply am lost at this point.  When is the draft again? ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2016, 11:52:31 AM »

Offline Mempitt18

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Remember last year the C's worked out both Rozier and Mickey twice before picking them...
Same w/ Smart, who worked out for his second time during draft week, unlike Julius Randle, who turned down a 2nd workout to do an interview with GQ, which sealed the deal for Smart

« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2016, 11:56:49 AM »

Offline Mempitt18

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Past evidence seems to suggest that we've zeroed in on Jaylen Brown, who I think has the second highest upside in the draft after Simmons