CelticsStrong > Using CelticsStrong

So I'll say it... The new scrolling advertisement is awful

(1/7) > >>

Smartacus:
Cant thank you enough for all the work you've done to preserve the Forums Byennie but I have to draw a line in the sand for my favorite website.

I don't know how it is on desktop, but the new scrolling advertisement on mobile is awful and there is no way I can deal with this as a daily user on Celticsstrong.

Scrolling through posts and I see a massive advertisement taking up around 4 post spaces before I get back to the conversation. It takes you out of the experience. Its maddening and absolutely unacceptable for this website.

Are scrolling posts really the only way that we can preserve these forums?  I don't know about the rest of you but If so I might be out.

smokeablount:

--- Quote from: Smartacus on February 09, 2019, 10:47:35 AM ---Cant thank you enough for all the work you've done to preserve the Forums Byennie but I have to draw a line in the sand for my favorite website.

I don't know how it is on desktop, but the new scrolling advertisement on mobile is awful and there is no way I can deal with this as a daily user on Celticsstrong.

Scrolling through posts and I see a massive advertisement taking up around 4 post spaces before I get back to the conversation. It takes you out of the experience. Its maddening and absolutely unacceptable for this website.

Are scrolling posts really the only way that we can preserve these forums?  I don't know about the rest of you but If so I might be out.

--- End quote ---

If these are network / display ads where we get paid for impressions, it's worth weighing out the pros and cons.  I have a feeling this is what it is.  But I agree it's not fun.

Rosco917:
If you're talking about the annoying box at the bottom of the page that continually interrupts you...Yeah, I'm in.

Chief:
I'm on Android using Chrome.  I see a small ad at the bottom and one on the right side. Neither bother me or get in my way.

Is it different on an iPhone?

slamtheking:

--- Quote from: Rosco917 on February 09, 2019, 11:09:53 AM ---If you're talking about the annoying box at the bottom of the page that continually interrupts you...Yeah, I'm in.

--- End quote ---
agreed - not digging it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version