Author Topic: Danny Ainge: Unfair' to expect Jeff Green to be next Paul Pierce  (Read 5304 times)

Re: Danny Ainge: Unfair' to expect Jeff Green to be next Paul Pierce
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 07:11:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If Green can even touch Antoine Walker's career level of pts, rebs, and assists, along with his leadership ability, Celtics fans should be very happy. People forget that Pierce had some very immature moments before KG and Allen came into town and Antoine was the voice in the locker room during their overachieving years in the early 2000s.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/walkean02.html

Lol... do you think if Jeff Green got 42 minutes a night (instead of 26) and 22 shot attempts a night (instead of 9) he'd be able to average 22 points on 39% shooting like the Great Antoine Walker did in his peak? ... At the moment Jeff is averaging 12 points on 46% shooting in 26 minutes.  Double his shot attempts, and give him 16 more minutes a game... and I bet he could match Walker's inefficient production.  ;)

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 07:12:29 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
not to mention, we're comparing Jeff to a guy that has been #1 option since he started the NBA.

smh. lol

i don't get it.

i am begging you all. please let jeff green be jeff green. unorthodox footwork and all.

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 07:15:55 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Jeff Green is only a slightly above average scorer and average to below average at everything else. How the hell is his best case scenario Carmelo Anthony? IMO, the best you can expect from Jeff Green is an efficient 18/7/2 a game with solid defense if he does that I'm happy. Jeff right now is one dimensional he needs to improve on the non-scoring parts of his game.

smh
lol

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 07:26:52 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Even I don't think he's the next Pierce. But he can be the next Carmelo. (and that's very, very hard... still don't expect nearly that)

He will certainly be better than Melo, in that case...Jeff plays good defense at this point of his time with BOS...and he's getting better.

Nothing against Melo, because I really like his game, but Jeff is already a good defender.
I've heard there is this thing called rebounding.  Green is one of the worst in the league.  One thing about Green is that he probably won't shoot his team out of a game as Carmelo is prone to do.

That's about as false as it gets

No, it's really not. His reb per 36 ranks about 54th in the league among players 6-8 to 6-9, while his TRB% ranks 66th. There aren't many forwards that rebound worse than Green.

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 07:30:24 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Even I don't think he's the next Pierce. But he can be the next Carmelo. (and that's very, very hard... still don't expect nearly that)

He will certainly be better than Melo, in that case...Jeff plays good defense at this point of his time with BOS...and he's getting better.

Nothing against Melo, because I really like his game, but Jeff is already a good defender.
I've heard there is this thing called rebounding.  Green is one of the worst in the league.  One thing about Green is that he probably won't shoot his team out of a game as Carmelo is prone to do.

That's about as false as it gets

No, it's really not. His reb per 36 ranks about 54th in the league among players 6-8 to 6-9, while his TRB% ranks 66th. There aren't many forwards that rebound worse than Green - RIGHT NOW.

I hope you don't mind me editing your post....

There aren't many forwards rebounding worse than Green - right now.

Give him time...what we see now isn't the end-all for Jeff, and that is awesome to think about.

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 07:48:11 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I am the thrilled with how Green has progressed, but good rebounders come into the league able to rebound.  He's not gonna get much better at rebounding after 5  years in the league.  Green is playing great and he can improve in a lot of areas.  But he will never be a good rebounder in my opinion.

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2013, 07:57:43 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I am the thrilled with how Green has progressed, but good rebounders come into the league able to rebound.  He's not gonna get much better at rebounding after 5  years in the league.  Green is playing great and he can improve in a lot of areas.  But he will never be a good rebounder in my opinion.

Well, Jeff Green's averaged 5.2 rebounds for his career so far...with his higher numbers coming in OKC - playing out of position.

Paul's numbers are right at 6.0 rebs for his career.

IMO, Jeff Green can CERTAINLY average VERY CLOSE to Paul's rebounding numbers once he gets 35 min per.