Author Topic: The celtics can't beat the heat if we rely on kg wilcox bass, problem big man,  (Read 1280 times)

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
Kevin Garnett C
Shavlik Randolph PF
Paul Pierce SF
Courtney Lee SG
Avery Bradley G

Kevin Garnett C
D.J. White PF
Paul Pierce SF
Courtney Lee SG
Avery Bradley G

2nd Unit Back-Up
Chris Wilcox
Brandon Bass
Jeff Green
Jason Terry
Jordan Crawford

Reserves
Fab Melo
D.J. White
Terrence Williams
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:38:32 PM by krook »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
"START GREEN MOVEMENT"

its a bad idea come playoffs starting green, lebron can go PF/SF/PG, if lebron goes PF, put green at PF, if he goes SF, bring back green at SF, then moved pierce to SG or sit on the bench

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Start Shav........?

Ok, krook.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
Start Shav........?

Ok, krook.

yes start, sooner than later, shav can bang his body inside ang grabbed some rebound and can protect the rim, that will make an impact for attacking players like lbj and d-wade

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
it's so ironic how you're description is 'brandon bass'

i bet you hate that, krook.

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I guess krook, kgainez and I are the new generation of CB posters... We all registered within two days of each other. I guess everything's got its flaws.

We need to hear details on what Shav might be resigned for (if at all)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
it's so ironic how you're description is 'brandon bass'

i bet you hate that, krook.

if bass gets same rebounds as randolph, but.... randolph knows how to clogged the middle helping KG,
randolph should be given minutes

a 7 game series, kg and pierce and green out of gas wouldn't be a surprised to me,

haslem 6'8 battier 6'8
randolph 6'10

bass on bosh is a bad idea,
let say bosh keep hitting 3's as he did last year
bass role is stay at the middle help kg grabbed some rebounds, bass can defend, but the lack of size and bad positioning defense
on the offense, jump shots and dunk, put it gasol hickson z-bo c-melo blatche or dirk novitzki on bass, he has no go to moves but jump shots so passed the ball that most of the time turnovers, and again bass has defense but he is lost on rotations, i don't care if randolph does not know the system, the main role is rebounds, the doc rivers strategy of back to basket, pierce or kg or terry shoots, if you missed run to opponents baskets, which is wrong because heat are a fastbreak team than can spread the floor and all are perimeter shooters

in this case no matter how hard bass defends and forces everyone to missed but no one grabs those missed shot for rebounds that turn to heat offense, remember REBOUNDS IS THE KEY TO DEFENSE, THE ONE WHO CONTROLS THE REBOUNDS CONTROLS THE GAME,
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:52:32 PM by krook »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

He defended Bosh well last night, I heard.

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

He defended Bosh well last night, I heard.

in the first 5 minutes.

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Heat are small too. We just can't get abused on the glass, otherwise their bigs can't really hurt us.

As obvious as it should be, it is all about containing LeBron. He is still gonna score and rebound and play D, but if you make him inefficient and limit his passing to wide open players, they are beatable. I don't think Bosh or Wade can explode on us like they may other teams.

3-pointers, offensive rebounds, forced turnovers. Keep Miami from racking those up and we can win 4 of 7.

Easier said than done I know, but we need to go small against them. They are basically the only team I think we cannot act on, but need to react to. Green at PF is probably the way to go.
CELTICS 2024

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
Heat are small too. We just can't get abused on the glass, otherwise their bigs can't really hurt us.

As obvious as it should be, it is all about containing LeBron. He is still gonna score and rebound and play D, but if you make him inefficient and limit his passing to wide open players, they are beatable. I don't think Bosh or Wade can explode on us like they may other teams.

3-pointers, offensive rebounds, forced turnovers. Keep Miami from racking those up and we can win 4 of 7.

Easier said than done I know, but we need to go small against them. They are basically the only team I think we cannot act on, but need to react to. Green at PF is probably the way to go.

agree, but.... we have the lead, they cope up, because no one has ever tried sacrificing there body in the middle just to somehow stop lebron, like perkins did, like roy hibbert did, like tyson chandler did,
if lebron cannot be stop and score 40+ come playoffs, well at least don't let him get those rebounds, that turn to miami heat offense or 3 points shots....

and remember OKC are small players too, perkins and ibaka are 6'10, when battier and lebron are at 4 and 5 spots
they pushes ibaka outside that make the defense loosen,
spurs got so many tall players, Memphis grizzle can somehow make a fight, NUGGETS kenneth farried, koufos galinnari and the rest of the guys can compete, going small is no effect on miami heat, if miami go small, we go on low post scoring, pick n' roll, zone defense

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
we need a guy like this