Author Topic: Who covers Lebron... Green or Pierce?  (Read 852 times)

Who covers Lebron... Green or Pierce?
« on: March 19, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
I think Green did a nice job on Lebron last night, and traditionally I feel like Pierce doing a "good job" on Lebron is overblown. I want Green on Lebron from now on, simply for the sheer size matchup.

What say you?

Re: Who covers Lebron... Green or Pierce?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 03:07:15 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Yep, gotta go with Green on this one for a couple of reasons.

1st-Green is just better at defending LeBron at this point.  Green has seemed to rather well at it this season.

2nd-Putting Pierce on LeBron too often saps Pierce of all his energy, and as a result, makes him rather ineffective on the offensive end.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 03:08:26 PM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
Perfect.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 03:15:01 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
i said this, but the flipside is who is Pierce guarding?

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 03:17:03 PM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
Haslem

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 03:32:11 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Why do you act like it has to be the same guy covering Lebron the entire game?  The answer is sometimes Green and sometimes Pierce.  Also, occasionally Bass for a handful of possessions per game.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 04:08:25 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Why do you act like it has to be the same guy covering Lebron the entire game?  The answer is sometimes Green and sometimes Pierce.  Also, occasionally Bass for a handful of possessions per game.

This.

I wouldn't mind seeing PP first, body Lebron up a bit, beat on him (if allowed), and then move Green to him for quickness. Letting PP and Green to keep their legs. And who ever Lebron is guarding you go to them to start the offense or run around for screens.

You notice that Lebron barley guards the go to guy. When Green had it going a true pro would take him to shut him down, but he doesn't want to work on D,  so he guards the other guy. PP started to get going, he switched to Green for a bit. This is why I give a little, just a little more respect to Kobe because he will go out and guard the best guy under 6'10".

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 04:42:52 PM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
You don't want your elite players getting in foul trouble. This is probably why Lebron goes months without getting a foul called on him.