Author Topic: After last night's game...  (Read 2657 times)

After last night's game...
« on: March 19, 2013, 01:09:33 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
... I just want the Celtics to face the Heat in the playoffs! I don't care whether it's gonna be a 1st rounder, ECSF, ECF, I just want the Heat!

I used to be on the "avoid the Heat for as long as possible" bandwagon and I even voted for that in a relevant poll in here a couple of weeks ago. Not anymore.
Last night I could see it in our players' eyes, they are begging for revenge in the playoffs. I think the hatred has come to a point that Celtics probably don't care about winning it all this year, and it's incredibly difficult anyways... they just want to kick the Heat out of the playoffs!

To be honest with you, I'm all for that! And I think Celtics have as good of a fighting chance as anyone in the league against the Heat. Maybe I'm just frustrated about how the game was lost. But nah, I don't think so... I was afraid of the Heat last year! I was afraid of them even in 2011! Not anymore guys, I'm not afraid of them, I just can't wait to play them again! And this time I have a gut feeling this will go down in the basketball history books... for all the good reasons for the C's! ;D
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

Re: After last night's game...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 01:12:22 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Can we start the playoffs already?

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 01:16:23 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I'm still hoping we get a 3/6 spot.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 01:17:22 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
... I just want the Celtics to face the Heat in the playoffs! I don't care whether it's gonna be a 1st rounder, ECSF, ECF, I just want the Heat!

Do you think the Heat want the Celtics?  ;)

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 01:33:28 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Do you think the Heat want the Celtics?  ;)

I think they wanted us the last couple of years but after proving they can beat us they probably aren't all that eager to do it again. We on the other hand, considering we lost to them the last two years are probably more eager to play them just for the revenge factor. Still, be careful what you wish for...

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 05:24:44 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561

I used to be on the "avoid the Heat for as long as possible" bandwagon and I even voted for that in a relevant poll in here a couple of weeks ago. Not anymore.
Last night I could see it in our players' eyes, they are begging for revenge in the playoffs. I think the hatred has come to a point that Celtics probably don't care about winning it all this year, and it's incredibly difficult anyways... they just want to kick the Heat out of the playoffs!

To be honest with you, I'm all for that! And I think Celtics have as good of a fighting chance as anyone in the league against the Heat. Maybe I'm just frustrated about how the game was lost. But nah, I don't think so... I was afraid of the Heat last year! I was afraid of them even in 2011! Not anymore guys, I'm not afraid of them, I just can't wait to play them again! And this time I have a gut feeling this will go down in the basketball history books... for all the good reasons for the C's! ;D

ummmmmm if we beat the heat we can beat anybody. you think this team will get up to beat the heat then say oh well we are done guys????
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

ummmmmm if we beat the heat we can beat anybody. you think this team will get up to beat the heat then say oh well we are done guys????

The NBA is about matchups. Just because you can beat one team and match up well against them doesn't mean you can beat another. The heat struggled against us last year but destroyed OKC. We are NOT a better team than OKC. We just match up better with the heat.

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 06:10:59 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
So even if Boston somehow, someway, gets past the Heat and reaches the NBA Finals, it probably won't win the title (despite having already beaten the best team in the league).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 06:35:24 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
The NBA is about matchups. Just because you can beat one team and match up well against them doesn't mean you can beat another. The heat struggled against us last year but destroyed OKC. We are NOT a better team than OKC. We just match up better with the heat.

But OKC will have to get by the Spurs to get to the Finals, and they won't have James Harden to save them like they did last year. Also, the Spurs' Tiago Splitter has improved over last year.

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 05:27:45 AM »

Offline celticsleyte

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
Anything is possible but hard to see this coming together if Wilcox does not get in stride come playoffs time.  We are paper thin up front and Bass is not a center. Bass and KG start Jeff Green can take most of the PF minutes and still back up PP.  We just need Wilcox to be able to handle the back up center minutes or by some miracle Fab is unexpectedly ready to give a few minutes of major hustle.

Our three point shooters need to get hot and we can beat some teams.

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 06:20:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
r by some miracle Fab is unexpectedly ready to give a few minutes of major hustle

This may never happen they seemed to have soured on him immensely.

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 06:56:55 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42

careful what is asked for...Celts have a lot to prove. Heat just coasted and controlled the last 5 minutes. That's all the NBA is, a 5 minute game. The rest is for selling dogs and booze.