Author Topic: The lebron dunk on terry  (Read 14971 times)

Re: The lebron dunk on terry
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2013, 03:11:51 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I guess I would expect most celtics fans to have the "Whatever not that good of a dunk" response. Still, there's people all over the world praying for terry after that poster! OWWWE! NASTY!

If green or pierce did that to ANYONE on the heat you guys would have lost your minds lol. Lebron probably stared him down because terry always trash talks lebron. "A well deserved tech" give me a break lol.

Terry being short takes nothing away from that dunk for me. He still got owned plan and simple. Plus because of terrys mouth nobody will cut him slack for it. Nobody but celtics fans. What did you want lebron to do? Not dunk on him because hes taller than terry?  ::)

I has nothing to do with the dunk.  We expect that level from a player like Lebron.  Was the dunk above what what he usually does when he has such a clear path to the basket? 

Doing it over a PG sized player doesn't make a huge difference in terms of impressing me.  He made the play that I would expect him to make. 

Just like I am not impressed when a monster truck drives over a car.  Sure, it is cool to watch, but it isn't anything impressive anymore.

The dunk didn't "Impress me" per say. It wasn't something I knew lebron wasn't capable of, but it was still nasty and terry got owned. There's no way around it.

By some of you guys definition, no dunk is ever good or impressive unless its on a guy the same height or taller. To me what you guys are doing is "Damage control".

This guy is right. A dunk is like the holy grail of basketball plays. When someone gets to the rim for an emphatic slam, and someone gets in the way to become collateral damage, how does that NOT increase the hype-factor?

Like honestly if Jeff Green knocked Mario Chalmers on his ass on a vicious slam, would anyone here say "Chalmers was making the right play at the right time and thus the he wasn't owned". Of course not.

Damage control is right.....

I never found the "dunk" the ultimate basketball play.

I think the "block" that lead to the "fast break" was the ultimate basketball play.  (The Bill Russell special)

I have never been that "hyped" about a Celtics dunk where I scream about "that guy got owned"

I find that hard to believe but even if you're telling the truth you're definitely in the minority. Everybody gets hype after dramatic dunks man. Except the guys that got dunked on and maybe their fanbase lol.

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2013, 03:17:26 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
There is still a difference in getting excited over a dunk and being hyped up to the level we see fans get over such a play. 

Like the monster truck driving over a car.  Cool and exciting to watch, but not that impressive anymore.

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2013, 03:19:53 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
I would have been much more inpressed had he not traveled before elevating. ::)

It is much easier to get to the rim with 3 steps than it is with 2. 
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2013, 03:50:56 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Not impressed.

At least do it against someone your own size.

In game dunk the impressed me:  Starks over Jordon and Grant.

This one was pretty good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVcSndz52DE

Now this is a dunk to get hyped up about. Impressive.

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2013, 03:51:53 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Not impressed.

At least do it against someone your own size.

In game dunk the impressed me:  Starks over Jordon and Grant.

This one was pretty good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVcSndz52DE

Now this is a dunk to get hyped up about. Impressive.

Agreed.

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2013, 04:52:52 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
who buys these posters?
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2013, 04:58:57 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I guess I would expect most celtics fans to have the "Whatever not that good of a dunk" response. Still, there's people all over the world praying for terry after that poster! OWWWE! NASTY!

If green or pierce did that to ANYONE on the heat you guys would have lost your minds lol. Lebron probably stared him down because terry always trash talks lebron. "A well deserved tech" give me a break lol.

Terry being short takes nothing away from that dunk for me. He still got owned plan and simple. Plus because of terrys mouth nobody will cut him slack for it. Nobody but celtics fans. What did you want lebron to do? Not dunk on him because hes taller than terry?  ::)

I has nothing to do with the dunk.  We expect that level from a player like Lebron.  Was the dunk above what what he usually does when he has such a clear path to the basket? 

Doing it over a PG sized player doesn't make a huge difference in terms of impressing me.  He made the play that I would expect him to make. 

Just like I am not impressed when a monster truck drives over a car.  Sure, it is cool to watch, but it isn't anything impressive anymore.

The dunk didn't "Impress me" per say. It wasn't something I knew lebron wasn't capable of, but it was still nasty and terry got owned. There's no way around it.

By some of you guys definition, no dunk is ever good or impressive unless its on a guy the same height or taller. To me what you guys are doing is "Damage control".

This guy is right. A dunk is like the holy grail of basketball plays. When someone gets to the rim for an emphatic slam, and someone gets in the way to become collateral damage, how does that NOT increase the hype-factor?

Like honestly if Jeff Green knocked Mario Chalmers on his ass on a vicious slam, would anyone here say "Chalmers was making the right play at the right time and thus the he wasn't owned". Of course not.

I think the "block" that lead to the "fast break" was the ultimate basketball play.  (The Bill Russell special)

I have never been that "hyped" about a Celtics dunk where I scream about "that guy got owned"

I find that hard to believe but even if you're telling the truth you're definitely in the minority. Everybody gets hype after dramatic dunks man. Except the guys that got dunked on and maybe their fanbase lol.

You sure do like speaking for everyone, now don't you?

Was that dunk impressive.  Sure it was.  It was a testament to LeBron's athletic ability and his ability to finish.

That being said, I don't think it deserves all this, "Holy moly, Terry just got absolutely owned!  Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man!"

I'll admit I cringed when the play happened, but that was it.  No need to talk about it anymore.  If anything, we should be talking about how we blew a 13-point fourth quarter lead, and how Miami is now on an incredible winning streak.  Those are the things that matter in basketball, not dunks.  It's about the team, not the individual.

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2013, 05:03:35 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I would have been much more inpressed had he not traveled before elevating. ::)

It is much easier to get to the rim with 3 steps than it is with 2.

i coulda sworn it was a crab-dribble, so it was legit.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2013, 05:17:47 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Was that dunk impressive.  Sure it was.  It was a testament to LeBron's athletic ability and his ability to finish.

That being said, I don't think it deserves all this, "Holy moly, Terry just got absolutely owned!  Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man!"

I'll admit I cringed when the play happened, but that was it.  No need to talk about it anymore.  If anything, we should be talking about how we blew a 13-point fourth quarter lead, and how Miami is now on an incredible winning streak.  Those are the things that matter in basketball, not dunks.  It's about the team, not the individual.
I agree except for when its a smaller guy over a bigger one then its like ohhh wow that was great doesnt matter who it is or for what team. Also say the Griffin over Perk who's a great defender that one was nice, James over Terry? meh
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2013, 05:26:35 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Ok, we can sit here and act like most NBA fans don't get hype after dramatic dunks if you want.  ::) You pretty much agree with me tho. I'm not going "HOLY MOLLY!!!" but I am going "Dang, terry just got destroyed".

If i was a heat fan or even neutral fan I probably would be going HOLY MOLLY! tho. Instead i just cringed and closed my eyes and paused the game out of embarrassment for terry lol.

As far as your last few sentences go, we are talking about those things. We're also talking about the dunk. We were covering the winning streak for the last week at least, or did you miss that? "No need to talk about it anymore" Terry, is that you?

« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2013, 05:37:51 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

Ok, we can sit here and act like most NBA fans don't get hype after dramatic dunks if you want.  ::) You pretty much agree with me tho. I'm not going "HOLY MOLLY!!!" but I am going "Dang, terry just got destroyed".

If i was a heat fan or even neutral fan I probably would be going HOLY MOLLY! tho. Instead i just cringed and closed my eyes and paused the game out of embarrassment for terry lol.

As far as your last few sentences go, we are talking about those things. We're also talking about the dunk. We were covering the winning streak for the last week at least, or did you miss that? "No need to talk about it anymore" Terry, is that you?

Chris Broussard, is that you?

Considering we have a five-page thread on a freaking dunk, and I'm struggling to find a thread other than the "I hope Miami comes here with their streak alive" one about Miami's streak (even though that thread is more about us beating them), I find it hard to believe that we're giving an equal amount of spotlight to both topics.

Most NBA fans this, most NBA fans that... There you go again.

And I don't "pretty much" agree with you.  I'm not the one making posts about Terry getting owned.  I cringed because we gave up an unnecessary dunk after a stupid turnover, not because LeBron dunked.

« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2013, 05:42:10 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Solid 5 pages on a dunk.

It was an okay dunk but basically, you should appreciate Terry's effort (even though he shouldn't have TO'd in the first place)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2013, 05:47:16 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Chris Broussard, is that you?

Considering we have a five-page thread on a freaking dunk, and I'm struggling to find a thread other than the "I hope Miami comes here with their streak alive" one about Miami's streak (even though that thread is more about us beating them), I find it hard to believe that we're giving an equal amount of spotlight to both topics.

Most NBA fans this, most NBA fans that... There you go again.

And I don't "pretty much" agree with you.  I'm not the one making posts about Terry getting owned.  I cringed because we gave up an unnecessary dunk after a stupid turnover, not because LeBron dunked.

dude
Jason Terry is STILL trending on Twitter lol

right

« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2013, 06:02:08 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Same song and dance. Point guard defends ball(handler) his man passes it off turns around sees Lebron... game over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ_x_RKUY3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfhp7LiZaVs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-QTiByTKaI

If your a point-guard inside the circle there's no point in jumping.

« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2013, 06:09:51 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Kind of makes you wish you could get John Starks to unretire for a game, LeBron might not fare as well as he does against the likes of Jason Terry.