Author Topic: tough loss, but some positives to take away  (Read 9465 times)

Re: tought loss, but some positives to take away
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2013, 09:24:25 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
no shade, but I wish you all would stop acting like KG gets 10 blocks a game.

I think they are acting like KG is one of the best defenders in the game as well as one of the most influential players in the game. Which is true.

also, like he hasn't been shooting poorly
but whatever you guys want.

He wasn't shooting well lately because he's injured. That's why he missed the last two games.

I'm amazed how people can downplay KGs value. With no Rondo he's by far the most important player on the team, even more so when you consider our lack of bigs

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2013, 09:45:38 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
no shade, but I wish you all would stop acting like KG gets 10 blocks a game.

Shame on you that you think getting blocks matters so much in terms of playing defense. It's like you haven't been watching this team the last 5 years.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2013, 09:52:07 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I wouldn't read into this game at all.  Miami was on their 4th straight road game and the second night of a back to back and Boston badly wanted that game and put everything they had into it.  There were obviously some positives from Green, but when Lebron started guarding him consistently late in the game, Green's play was significantly altered. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 10:10:17 AM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
WHY...DIDN'T Bass just dink that last layup attempt....saw that and couldn't understand it...he is a dunk-a-matic when he wants to be.....not really his fualt overall, but if you are going to take it in the last few seconds, you GOTTA FINISH it...!!!!

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2013, 10:25:19 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
We lost. Sigh.

I think the Celts blow more big leads than any other Team in Pro Sports. I think when we we lose by 2 it's the Coach's fault.

This Team just would not be as good with Rondo on it and leading. For all the speed Rondo has Bradley actually gets inside easier and and is ready to play D while Rondo is always on the floor. This Team has plenty of energy to drive the top seeds nuts. We just won't likely beat them.

Green is getting loose and has lots of fire power. If Ainge can make some moves the Celts will be a top tier Team again. I just like watching this Team put out the Energy. At this point though I have no doubts the Heat will beat us 4-1 or 4-2 in a series, if it's playoffs.  I don't think we'd be embarrassed though.

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2013, 10:35:29 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
how can any1 not be proud of the effort and production the team showed last night! we played the best team in the league, who is also on fire with a historical run....without rondo and kg (sully too, but he isn't an all star). 

did we blow a big lead, yes.  but its the nba and no lead, especially in the first half, is safe. the refs did not help much, but i won't say they cost us the game.

those complaining about doc....seriously, with the aforementioned factors, he had a limited rotation and no real big man....and almost pulled out the upset.  doc is not to be blamed for this loss.

this team showed tremendous heart, grit, desire, and was flat out scrappy all night.  the heat had more talent, period.  we almost won with heart. how can you not be proud of the effort and see positives moving forward.

i really questions some people's perspectives and expectations around CB and how unrealistic they are.

« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2013, 10:37:42 AM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
Well, the refs in this league, (and all leagues I found)have a talent for stemming the HOT teams momentum, as in that travel call on green, then a few other calls on terry, bradley...they know how to slow you down....make you frustrated, give miami a lot of easy points from the free throw line......we could have used kg or rondo to get over that moment..esp KG because he knows how the refs do that, and would rally the tema past it....As he is the better coach, team leader...!

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2013, 10:41:45 AM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
We didn't really blow a big lead.....it was a lot to do with the refs on their idea of forced turnovers, then hot hands that had to sit from 3 quick fouls....fouls on defense from lebron, chalmers, as chalmers was throwning guys around on off the ball plays....if BASS would have only dunked that last one.....ugh...he did play good though....doc had trouble with the refs actually, as they made him pull the hot hands so they wouldn't get anymore fouls...! Doc did okay......

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2013, 11:26:13 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I was irate that AB was on the bench for so much of early in the 4th quarter.  We had an 8 point lead... when you have that kind of lead, you don't need to score a ton of points to win, you just need to stop the opponents from scoring a ton of points.

Doc also did a poor job of putting him on the floor the same time Wade was on the floor.  I feel that kind of strategic move should be a no brainer.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2013, 12:33:04 PM »

Offline EnJoY

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Doc's rotations were terrible in the 4th.

Terry needed to be off the floor, AB + Lee needed to be on the floor.  I was fine with Bass, but we needed PP + JG + AB + Lee on the floor the entire fourth to seal it.

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2013, 12:38:02 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Turnovers killed us, especially those in the backcourt. 21 turnovers against the Heat? No way you're winning that game and you dont deserve to win that game.

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2013, 12:40:23 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
I wouldn't read into this game at all.  Miami was on their 4th straight road game and the second night of a back to back and Boston badly wanted that game and put everything they had into it.  There were obviously some positives from Green, but when Lebron started guarding him consistently late in the game, Green's play was significantly altered.
I honestly dont even remember one play in the fth quarter when Lebron guarded Jeff Green.

I was surprised because he never did. The guy who made plays on Jeff was Battier.

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2013, 12:48:47 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
I honestly dont even remember one play in the fth quarter when Lebron guarded Jeff Green.

I was surprised because he never did. The guy who made plays on Jeff was Battier.

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2013, 12:50:22 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Yep.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2013, 12:53:31 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
Doc had to sit bradley because of bad fouls.....yes/no...?