Author Topic: tough loss, but some positives to take away  (Read 9464 times)

Re: tought loss, but some positives to take away
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 12:54:38 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
All this game stated to me was that once KG comes back, MIA-BOS is a series.

With KG back there protecting the rim, we can do this.

MIA wins tonight...they have a good shot at going ahead and breaking LA's record.

But tonight's game will give them something to think about.

We can beat MIA in a series.

We'll see, I say there's two ways to look at this. One, we played them tough and very easily could have won the game without KG. Another way is, green had the best game of his career and avery bradley was the only player on our team having a off shooting night at home and we still lost.

i mean but, make 3 more free throws, make one less turnover and a bucket, the game is won
i try not to be a homer, but i think off pure talent alone, we can win 3. we will need something to win a fourth against miami.

I hear you, I mean last year if we win the 4th quarter we're in the finals, but it didn't happen. You can always play the "If this happens we win" game.

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2013, 12:57:30 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
These are the games that if you don't win you're in trouble.

This is ridiculous.  You can't honestly tell me you were expecting us to be that close not yet win this game with the KG news.  I was suprised it wasn't a blowout.  Being that close and almost even beating them was a positive thing I can hold on to.  With KG it would be a different tune at the end of the night

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2013, 12:58:16 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Bench suffers with no Jeff?

if Jeff is on the bench, you start calling more offensive sets for former 6th man of the yeaer and Miami Heat KILLER Jason Terry.  -- you all keep forgetting about him. He's avging (a quiet) 13 points after the break. I'd love to see what he could do when sets are called specifically for him (please show me a play tonight that was made JUST for him).

Wilcox runs the floor beautifully for a big man and as much as I hate JETs passes and TO's he can throw a very nice pass...he's the guy getting Wilcox his oops.

And then if nothing else is going...Bass has a (used to be) automatic shot.

But -- Jeff won't start any time soon. Please notice how many 'Start Sully' threads appeared before he actually started.

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2013, 12:59:28 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
All this game stated to me was that once KG comes back, MIA-BOS is a series.

With KG back there protecting the rim, we can do this.

MIA wins tonight...they have a good shot at going ahead and breaking LA's record.

But tonight's game will give them something to think about.

We can beat MIA in a series.

We'll see, I say there's two ways to look at this. One, we played them tough and very easily could have won the game without KG. Another way is, green had the best game of his career and avery bradley was the only player on our team having a off shooting night at home and we still lost.

i mean but, make 3 more free throws, make one less turnover and a bucket, the game is won
i try not to be a homer, but i think off pure talent alone, we can win 3. we will need something to win a fourth against miami.

i wasn't trying to play the what if game as much as I was saying do better with the fundamentals and you win. we had 20+ turnovers. Take care of the ball, fellas...it's the Heat!!

But...I get your point.

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2013, 01:04:40 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
These are the games that if you don't win you're in trouble.

This is ridiculous.  You can't honestly tell me you were expecting us to win this game with the KG news.  I was suprised it wasn't a blowout.  Being that close and almost even beating them was a positive thing I can hold on to.  With KG it would be a different tune at the end of the night

At the start of the game no I didn't expect to win. After we were firing on all cylinders and built almost a 20 point lead I was expecting us to find a way to hold on to that, silly me I guess.

Also, I don't buy the "If kg plays we win" story. We might have we might not have, no one knows so why even go there. To me that's just another loser excuse and I want no part of it.

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2013, 01:06:46 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
no shade, but I wish you all would stop acting like KG gets 10 blocks a game.

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2013, 01:13:07 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

I think they are acting like KG is one of the best defenders in the game as well as one of the most influential players in the game. Which is true.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2013, 01:15:30 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

I think they are acting like KG is one of the best defenders in the game as well as one of the most influential players in the game. Which is true.

also, like he hasn't been shooting poorly
but whatever you guys want.

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2013, 02:04:38 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
Re: Green's time on the bench that helped Miami on that run to get back in the game...I think we need to be a little careful about Green...and I think Doc is doing the same. The reality is, he's not going to be 100% until...well...maybe next season, so I can understand Doc being a little overcautious re: resting him. That being said, he should have called a TO during that run to get Jeff back in at some point. Also...yeah, Jeff Green can ball. I know its not his nature to shoot that often, but after a game like this, against the Heat, I really hope there is a big team effort to get Jeff more shots. He's really really hard to stop when he attacks.

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2013, 02:25:21 AM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
I'm most upset about having to see and hear about Terry getting posterized on ESPN for the next 20 millions years
Yep, even if we had won, I think them ESPN boys would make a bigger story out of the dunk than the streak-ender.. But we're used to it , so what the hell?

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2013, 08:50:29 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
HEAT did not deserve to win. In my opinion CS lost the game for this reasons.

1-not being able to manage at home,10 point lead
during 4th quarter, considering the impotance of this game...Doc did not make a good move in few games having a lead in 4th quarter
2-this team does not have a great center to defend under the rim. Imagine if KG does not play...Can not see Wade, Lebron or Bosh making very easy basket under the rim. Dannys fault levaing the team without a great center to help the diffense. Here I see the maayor problem of this team. In off season if Cs do not get a great center, I do not think they can beat MIAMI or INDIANA.
3-in 4th quarter the team played very static, not making movement with or without the ball, that made the difference during the 1st, 2nd or 3 rd quarter. Maybe in 4th quarter the team seemed to be tired

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2013, 09:10:24 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

during 4th quarter, considering the impotance of this game...Doc did not make a good move in few games having a lead in 4th quarter
2-this team does not have a great center to defend under the rim. Imagine if KG does not play...Can not see Wade, Lebron or Bosh making very easy basket under the rim. Dannys fault levaing the team without a great center to help the diffense. Here I see the maayor problem of this team. In off season if Cs do not get a great center, I do not think they can beat MIAMI or INDIANA.
3-in 4th quarter the team played very static, not making movement with or without the ball, that made the difference during the 1st, 2nd or 3 rd quarter. Maybe in 4th quarter the team seemed to be tired

And where would that "Great Center" that Danny's supposed to add magically come from?  ::)

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2013, 09:12:07 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
I thought we'd lose going into it, still thought we'd lose when we were up 17, that's  nothing in the NBA, and the non shocker of the year-we lost.

Entertaining though! Jeff green was a beast and Lebron is better then he's ever been by a wide margin

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2013, 09:19:14 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Did anyone walk away from that game thinking that maybe it's not a tragedy that Chris Andersen isn't a Celtic?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2013, 09:22:06 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

And where would that "Great Center" that Danny's supposed to add magically come from?  ::)

KG