Author Topic: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 9/14/20  (Read 54301 times)

Re: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 9/14/20
« Reply #1110 on: September 15, 2020, 09:50:47 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Hate to say it but that was an utter choke job.

Just some baffling play down the stretch on the offensive end. Especially the 4th quarter. This ISO, hero stuff by Kemba & Tatum cost them dearly.  What the hell were they doing out there?

Iso ball

Brad Stevens wants to use these guys like Dwade, Durant

I guess with loss to Cavs in game 7 2 years ago.  He was told the team should have rode on Tatums back

Tatum is still very young and is 10 pounds of mass away to be a complete player

I think that's more on Tatum & Kemba.  I don't know what got into their heads.  Ultimately, they're the ones out there doing it, not Brad.

But its something Brad needs to address with them.   Should absolutely light them up on film.

Don, you think part of this is because Miami's defense has been good that the plays we are running are always being broken so we end up with an ISO situation?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #1111 on: September 15, 2020, 09:51:22 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Jayson Tatum made a shot with 7:29 to go in the game. From then on...

Turnover
Miss
Miss
Hits free throw on dead ball foul drawn by smart
Miss
Hits two free throws
Miss
Miss
Fouls jimmy on and-1
Miss (last second miracle attempt)

Exaxctly...blame kemba or whoever else bit jayson lost this game despite his good first half...period

Yeah definitely could've used more offensive diversity

That’s where I think Gordon will help us a lot when he returns. He creates a lot of good looks for people so we don’t have to rely on iso to score

But which Hayward are we gonna get?

I'll believe it when I see it with Hayward. We've been talking about 'when we get Hayward back' for the last 3 years. I would love nothing more than for him to come back and save the series, but we are lacking in grit and determination - and those aren't exactly Hayward's strong suits.

Tell that to the 2016-17 Utah Jazz.

Gordon Daniel Hayward is just what this team needs....

We scraped by TOR without him but we're going to need him going forward down the stretch.

« Reply #1112 on: September 15, 2020, 09:52:21 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Jayson Tatum made a shot with 7:29 to go in the game. From then on...

Turnover
Miss
Miss
Hits free throw on dead ball foul drawn by smart
Miss
Hits two free throws
Miss
Miss
Fouls jimmy on and-1
Miss (last second miracle attempt)

Exaxctly...blame kemba or whoever else bit jayson lost this game despite his good first half...period

Yeah definitely could've used more offensive diversity

That’s where I think Gordon will help us a lot when he returns. He creates a lot of good looks for people so we don’t have to rely on iso to score

But which Hayward are we gonna get?

I'll believe it when I see it with Hayward. We've been talking about 'when we get Hayward back' for the last 3 years. I would love nothing more than for him to come back and save the series, but we are lacking in grit and determination - and those aren't exactly Hayward's strong suits.

That might be a bit unfair on Hayward Jamb...I would say coming back after a career threatening injury where most people would struggle to walk again let alone compete at an elite level shows plenty of grit and determination.

That said, it’s understandable to think he will be rusty and we shouldn’t be looking at him as the messiah to save us. We have enough players to be able to do that without relying on him to change everything.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1113 on: September 15, 2020, 09:52:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I kind of wonder if this is what Stevens wants us to do down the stretch or if these are just the shots that Tatum and Kemba choose to take with the game on the line.  If this is what the coach wants, then it's very odd to me that he goes completely away from his egalitarian offensive system with the game on the line.

Either way, that's on Brad. Regardless if it's a bad philosophy or his players just not running the play calls, he has to better control the players down the stretch.

His end-game decision-making futility is really being exposed in the playoffs by better coaches.

Especially never using the challenge properly. He had 2 or 3 timeouts with 3 mins in the game and never used it. Not even to sub out Kemba for a better defender. Butler shot over Kemba like it was nothing

« Reply #1114 on: September 15, 2020, 09:52:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
https://twitter.com/byjayking/status/1306043307387162624?s=21
You don’t say Brad. Iso? Nahhh.

It's like he doesn't realize it's his job to try and stop that from happening  ::)

« Reply #1115 on: September 15, 2020, 09:53:13 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Yep, super Hayward is gonna come save the celtics!
Please, hes been out of the loops for a series and a half and as likely to ruin any rhythm we have as he is to save us...sorry

« Reply #1116 on: September 15, 2020, 09:53:20 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
These end game plays are bringing back memories of Doc’s Pierce ISOs everytime we needed buckets. So predictable.

« Reply #1117 on: September 15, 2020, 09:53:31 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Miami is a superior shooting team because they have a lot of guys who can’t hit the 3. When Kemba plays like that for 3 quarters and the dragon outplayed him that bad I’m surprised it took Miami overtime to win. Celtics have no one off the bench who scares anyone. Hayward get back quick before this series is over.

« Reply #1118 on: September 15, 2020, 09:53:56 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Tie game, 22 seconds, 1 timeout and we run a hot garbage, run the clock down, iso, 25 ft 3 pointer????

If the players (Tatum in this case) cant realize this is a bad shot then the coach needs to step in.  Run a play, move the defense, put your team in a position to win and get a better shot!!!

« Reply #1119 on: September 15, 2020, 09:53:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Gordon Hayward coming back isnt going to help any for those saying that...sorry but hes out of the loops and never comes back playing well after injury....had he never got hurt would he make a difference? Yes. Now? Nope

Uh, even with just one foot Hayward would be better than Semi out there. Yes, he'll definitely help us out there.

« Reply #1120 on: September 15, 2020, 09:55:37 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Hate to say it but that was an utter choke job.

Just some baffling play down the stretch on the offensive end. Especially the 4th quarter. This ISO, hero stuff by Kemba & Tatum cost them dearly.  What the hell were they doing out there?

Iso ball

Brad Stevens wants to use these guys like Dwade, Durant

I guess with loss to Cavs in game 7 2 years ago.  He was told the team should have rode on Tatums back

Tatum is still very young and is 10 pounds of mass away to be a complete player

I think that's more on Tatum & Kemba.  I don't know what got into their heads.  Ultimately, they're the ones out there doing it, not Brad.

But its something Brad needs to address with them.   Should absolutely light them up on film.

Don, you think part of this is because Miami's defense has been good that the plays we are running are always being broken so we end up with an ISO situation?

Miami was pressing (especially on Kemba) earlier in the 4th and the C's were still getting good ball movement and good looks.  C's just got away from it and it degraded into ISO ball.  Stopped making the extra passes and started settling for horrid fadeaways, ill-advised penetrations that went nowhere, and just some bad, bad shots.   The shot selection those last 2-3 minutes of the 4th were horrid.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1121 on: September 15, 2020, 09:56:07 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Gotta tip your hat to Miami. Not only are they good, but they are relentless and clutch. Not sure how we are going to win this series. They look legit.

Yep...ill be stunned at this point if thee celtics win this series...heat better

Lol we're down a 17 ppg starter, controlled almost the entire game, had a terrible whistle in the 4th and OT, and it still took them a heroic three point play and terrific block to beat us in OT, yet you think the Heat are better and you'll be stunned if the Celtics win at this point in the series after losing Game 1?

Yeah...we lost a game that never shouldve been lost putting us in a hole against a more talented team who didnt even play well in game 1?

"a more talented team"? lol In what world are they a more talented team? It's not even a competition. Miami's MO is not based on talent, but rather gritty, hard work.

Stop underselling us and overestimating Miami. We are the much more talented and complete team, even if they won tonight.

« Reply #1122 on: September 15, 2020, 09:56:47 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Gordon Hayward coming back isnt going to help any for those saying that...sorry but hes out of the loops and never comes back playing well after injury....had he never got hurt would he make a difference? Yes. Now? Nope

Uh, even with just one foot Hayward would be better than Semi out there. Yes, he'll definitely help us out there.

Gordon hayward isnt going to save the celtics.

« Reply #1123 on: September 15, 2020, 09:57:19 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://twitter.com/byjayking/status/1306043307387162624?s=21

Good observation brad.  Did you wanna do something about that or were you a spectator  today?

I’m guessing some guys are going to get an earful if they haven’t already...he didn’t sound at all happy at his press conference, very short one sentence answers

Um, do you really expect Boy Scout Brad to give any of our guys "an earful"? lol

« Reply #1124 on: September 15, 2020, 09:57:22 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
Yep, super Hayward is gonna come save the celtics!
Please, hes been out of the loops for a series and a half and as likely to ruin any rhythm we have as he is to save us...sorry

Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree.  When Hayward gets back, he's likely to be at about 70% health on a minutes limit and with no rhythm on either side of the floor. 

I really like Hayward's game when he's healthy, but it's really difficult to jump into a playoff series right off of an injury.