Author Topic: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 9/14/20  (Read 54316 times)

Re: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 9/14/20
« Reply #1065 on: September 15, 2020, 09:38:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hate to say it but that was an utter choke job.

Just some baffling play down the stretch on the offensive end. Especially the 4th quarter. This ISO, hero stuff by Kemba & Tatum cost them dearly.  What the hell were they doing out there?

Iso ball

Brad Stevens wants to use these guys like Dwade, Durant

I guess with loss to Cavs in game 7 2 years ago.  He was told the team should have rode on Tatums back

Tatum is still very young and is 10 pounds of mass away to be a complete player

« Reply #1066 on: September 15, 2020, 09:39:14 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Stunning block by adebayo...and thats why you dont go to the rim for those who wanted that at the end of regulation.

Heat the better team pretty clear after they somehow won this

You take it to the rim every time with the last possession and a tie game (unless you're Steph Curry or Dame Lilliard). Just look at what Butler did the play before. Tatum probably should've laid it off the glass instead of going for the loud finish, but it was just a heck of a defensive play by Bam.
  overall i do agree but he was better off shooting the 3 on that block...that was a momentum, series changing block...absolutely strong and beastly...stunning...made Tatum look like a weak jv player, shoved it right down his throat

« Reply #1067 on: September 15, 2020, 09:39:22 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482

Just some baffling play down the stretch on the offensive end. Especially the 4th quarter. This ISO, hero stuff by Kemba & Tatum cost them dearly.  What the hell were they doing out there?

I said basically the same thing.  We make it easy for the def when Kemba and Tatum seem to forget how to play team bball.  Move the ball, find the open man.  Be aggressive and attack off of that ball movement at crunch time.  Instead we are playing really selfish.

« Reply #1068 on: September 15, 2020, 09:39:47 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Jayson Tatum made a shot with 7:29 to go in the game. From then on...

Turnover
Miss
Miss
Hits free throw on dead ball foul drawn by smart
Miss
Hits two free throws
Miscommunicates with Kemba leaving Crowder WIDE open. Not clear who thats on.
Miss
Miss
Fouls jimmy on and-1
Miss (last second miracle attempt)

Jayson had a really rough ending to the game but you hope these experiences will make him that much better in the long run.

« Reply #1069 on: September 15, 2020, 09:39:59 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 919
Okay, throwing some random TPs out there to perk things up.

« Reply #1070 on: September 15, 2020, 09:40:47 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Iso ball

Brad Stevens wants to use these guys like Dwade, Durant

I guess with loss to Cavs in game 7 2 years ago.  He was told the team should have rode on Tatums back

Tatum is still very young and is 10 pounds of mass away to be a complete player

I think that's more on Tatum & Kemba.  I don't know what got into their heads.  Ultimately, they're the ones out there doing it, not Brad.

But its something Brad needs to address with them.   Should absolutely light them up on film.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1071 on: September 15, 2020, 09:40:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706

I said basically the same thing.  We make it easy for the def when Kemba and Tatum seem to forget how to play team bball.  Move the ball, find the open man.  Be aggressive and attack off of that ball movement at crunch time.  Instead we are playing really selfish.

I don't think its them playing selfish, they look exhausted trying to do it, I think it's what Stevens is calling.

« Reply #1072 on: September 15, 2020, 09:41:05 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Turnover
Miss
Miss
Miss
Hits two free throws
Miss
Miss
Fouls jimmy on and-1

Yet our coach continually allowed iso ball between him and Kemba down the stretch in the 4th and in OT, even as we failed to generate good looks at the basket.  Both players ended up having inefficient shooting nights.  Sometimes we'd dribble out the clock and heave a terrible shot at the end.

That's on the players.  But that's also on Brad because that's just straight up terrible coaching.

Yep.  Ever play 40 minutes then try to go one on one with someone and be just as crisp as you were before?  The guys are tired.  Work the ball inside

« Reply #1073 on: September 15, 2020, 09:41:29 PM »

Offline KrazyLegs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 15
Stunning block by adebayo...and thats why you dont go to the rim for those who wanted that at the end of regulation.

Heat the better team pretty clear after they somehow won this
Problem was Tatum went for the dunk instead of hitting Smart for the open corner three. You want to drive then kick to open shooter not iso shoot.

Yeah, I think Tatum got his strategy backwards.

He should've driven to the hole at the end of regulation and kicked it for a three at the end of OT.

Go for the win in both cases.

« Reply #1074 on: September 15, 2020, 09:41:30 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Turnover
Miss
Miss
Miss
Hits two free throws
Miss
Miss
Fouls jimmy on and-1

He hasnt been good with less than 5 min left in the playoffs

He needs to add another 10 pounds of muscle in the offseason(or two). Next time dunk on Bam face

I wish Celtics gave Brown some more runs in OT

Brown wasn't amazing or anything, but he had a couple of nice plays where Kemba just tossed him the ball at the last second to keep Boston in it. That tip in was also huge. I really wish Brown was on Butler on that last play rather than Tatum. Tatum is a great team defender, but I want Brown (or Smart) defending a wing like Butler in the final moments.

« Reply #1075 on: September 15, 2020, 09:41:44 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273

Turnover
Miss
Miss
Miss
Hits two free throws
Miss
Miss
Fouls jimmy on and-1

He hasnt been good with less than 5 min left in the playoffs

He needs to add another 10 pounds of muscle in the offseason(or two). Next time dunk on Bam face

I wish Celtics gave Brown some more runs in OT

i posted the same comment about brown twice in the fourth quarter. he should be p---ed and give kemba and tatum an earful.

« Reply #1076 on: September 15, 2020, 09:41:50 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004

For a coach that loves to make soundbytes about "making the right play" and "playing the right way", he really allows a lot of bad basketball to happen.

« Reply #1077 on: September 15, 2020, 09:42:06 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176

Yep complete and utter choke job...what shouldve been a fairly easy win ended up being a message sent by the heat...not in bams house... good luck not getting  swept.

« Reply #1078 on: September 15, 2020, 09:42:14 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Turnover
Miss
Miss
Miss
Hits two free throws
Miss
Miss
Fouls jimmy on and-1

Exaxctly...blame kemba or whoever else bit jayson lost this game despite his good first half...period

Yeah definitely could've used more offensive diversity

That’s where I think Gordon will help us a lot when he returns. He creates a lot of good looks for people so we don’t have to rely on iso to score
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1079 on: September 15, 2020, 09:42:48 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1679
I kind of wonder if this is what Stevens wants us to do down the stretch or if these are just the shots that Tatum and Kemba choose to take with the game on the line.  If this is what the coach wants, then it's very odd to me that he goes completely away from his egalitarian offensive system with the game on the line.